Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-22-2019, 1:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.
San Francisco. That’s it.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 05-22-2019, 3:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default BaHaHaHaHaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bored View Post
what does a city county or state cop got to do with the fact that if they let people go and not write enough tickets they might get fired. there are 40 million people a year that got traffic tickets that may also be inclined to think you might be lying. I like Ron Reagans statement...Trust but verify. and I don't need friends like you
Colt 1911 Snob. LOL!
C&R Mil-Surplus Bolt Action Rifle and Bayonet nut!
Old 05-23-2019, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
Sooo, how many officers do you talk to about this? Because the ones I know and have talked to about this same topic wouldn’t agree with your assumption. They aren’t required to write tickets, but they should t be lollygagging around pulling over people for no one else reason. Everything they do is documented, including ‘tearing up tickets’.
in my town they are on a ticket spree for insufficient signal. then one of the cops took a DOT course and went on a rampage pulled over every truck and trailer that went thru the town even trailers with modular homes and they were left on the side of the road for weeks. when I called for lumber or dumpsters they came late and showed me a pile of tickets in the 1000's. people that delivered to the businesses told them they would not be delivering in the town any more cause of the tickets they got. the businesses went to the town to do something about that guy and were told we aint doing nothing that's how much money he was bringing in. I do not know what world you guys live in and certainly do not do const landscaping excavating etc. I did a house for a cop in this town and I would call him and ask him when that guy was working then tell my friends when they could move their machines or deliver dumpsters etc. this is like living in an occupied country
Old 05-23-2019, 4:43 AM

Quote:
in my town they are on a ticket spree for insufficient signal. then one of the cops took a DOT course and went on a rampage pulled over every truck and trailer that went thru the town even trailers with modular homes and they were left on the side of the road for weeks. when I called for lumber or dumpsters they came late and showed me a pile of tickets in the 1000's. people that delivered to the businesses told them they would not be delivering in the town any more cause of the tickets they got. the businesses went to the town to do something about that guy and were told we aint doing nothing that's how much money he was bringing in. I do not know what world you guys live in and certainly do not do const landscaping excavating etc. I did a house for a cop in this town and I would call him and ask him when that guy was working then tell my friends when they could move their machines or deliver dumpsters etc. this is like living in an occupied country
So you are using this one cop to prove that 800,000 cops are bad? Kind of like all gun owners are bad because someone shoots up a school isn’t it?
Old 05-23-2019, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
You have no life. LOL. Try and pass CHP on a freeway I can promise you a whole bunch of fun and excitement
I do that regularly. I have never been ticketed by CHP. I do the speed limit plus 10 often and people are passing me left and right.

I have had 3 tickets in 45 years of driving, from local PD.

I have had many warnings by CHP with no tickets. The happen when the officer pulls up along side me, looks my way, waves, and I slow down by 5 mph. The officer waves again and nods his head and goes on his way.

I was told by a CHP trainer, when I was taking a class at Sac State to get my Class B to drive buses, that they are mostly interested in people not paying attention. If you do not pick up on the clue that you are being followed, or the officer is next to you, you will get pulled over and ticketed. He was commenting on why, I as 32 year old, did not have more than 1 ticket, and that was for 35 in a 25? Most of the people being trained were also being vetted by the CHP.

I told him flat out I am a lead foot like my mother. I just pay attention. I will not be a lead foot when driving the bus for the University, there is a lot on the line and I will not risk it. I was the only bus driver that did not get a ticket.

Pay attention, do not weave, and if pulled over, be polite and respectful. I was raised in an era when the arguing took place in court. Arguing with the officer just made it worse. Showing up in court many times resulted in a much better outcome.

Yes there are bad cops, but there are more who are the good guys doing the tough job.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
Old 05-23-2019, 5:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
In today's America anyone who survives any interaction with law enforcement, should thank the proverbial universe, go home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and consider yourself fortunate.

How'd that turn out for Philando Castille. Where was the NRA on that one? Oooooooh that's right, he was black.
Well, I know you're our resident troll. But according to Stanford, Police nationwide stop more than 20 million drivers every year. Thats not including every other police contact.

Thats a lot of near death encounters!

/sarcasm/
Old 05-23-2019, 5:41 AM

Default Nice Starry Bra............

Quote:
Attachment 806357

WTF..... a little off topic Bra!
Colt 1911 Snob. LOL!

Last edited by Spartan301; 05-28-2019 at 8:01 AM..
Old 05-24-2019, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
So you are using this one cop to prove that 800,000 cops are bad? Kind of like all gun owners are bad because someone shoots up a school isn’t it?
you should learn how to read. how is it one cop when I said they are giving tickets out for insufficient signal and the new thing is if you stop 99% at a stop sign you still get a ticket the cops call it the California roll. then the town told the businesses who were not getting deliveries to pound sand which proves tickets are a money making scam and hardly anybody gets a warning. half the people in this country get a check from the govt one way or the other I guess that is why the govt cant do no wrong. their should be a sub forum here for guys that idolize cops.
all the anti gun laws passed in Cali would never be passed unless the politicians did not have armed gang to enforce those laws. it is unconceivable that you guys in Cali can still feel this way towards govt enforcers. finestein the governor and all the politicians will not go out and do the dirty work but the cops will. no laws that take away liberty would even be thought off without the enforcers
Old 05-24-2019, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah12 View Post
I do that regularly. I have never been ticketed by CHP. I do the speed limit plus 10 often and people are passing me left and right.

I have had 3 tickets in 45 years of driving, from local PD.

I have had many warnings by CHP with no tickets. The happen when the officer pulls up along side me, looks my way, waves, and I slow down by 5 mph. The officer waves again and nods his head and goes on his way.

I was told by a CHP trainer, when I was taking a class at Sac State to get my Class B to drive buses, that they are mostly interested in people not paying attention. If you do not pick up on the clue that you are being followed, or the officer is next to you, you will get pulled over and ticketed. He was commenting on why, I as 32 year old, did not have more than 1 ticket, and that was for 35 in a 25? Most of the people being trained were also being vetted by the CHP.

I told him flat out I am a lead foot like my mother. I just pay attention. I will not be a lead foot when driving the bus for the University, there is a lot on the line and I will not risk it. I was the only bus driver that did not get a ticket.

Pay attention, do not weave, and if pulled over, be polite and respectful. I was raised in an era when the arguing took place in court. Arguing with the officer just made it worse. Showing up in court many times resulted in a much better outcome.

Yes there are bad cops, but there are more who are the good guys doing the tough job.
I got pulled over 200 times never got a ticket and most of the time the officer gave me 40 bucks for tolls and gas
Old 05-24-2019, 9:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Nice rant but no where did I see you saying that a violation did not occur. Are you complaining that people are getting tickets for valid violations and unsafe driving habits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-24-2019, 9:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
you should learn how to read. how is it one cop when I said they are giving tickets out for insufficient signal and the new thing is if you stop 99% at a stop sign you still get a ticket the cops call it the California roll. then the town told the businesses who were not getting deliveries to pound sand which proves tickets are a money making scam and hardly anybody gets a warning. half the people in this country get a check from the govt one way or the other I guess that is why the govt cant do no wrong. their should be a sub forum here for guys that idolize cops.
all the anti gun laws passed in Cali would never be passed unless the politicians did not have armed gang to enforce those laws. it is unconceivable that you guys in Cali can still feel this way towards govt enforcers. finestein the governor and all the politicians will not go out and do the dirty work but the cops will. no laws that take away liberty would even be thought off without the enforcers
As a wise judge once told me "STOP means STOP, not roll through and almost stop."

Quote:
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-24-2019, 5:07 PM

Default BahaHaHaHaha!

Quote:

There should be a sub forum for butt hurt Trolls too!
Colt 1911 Snob. LOL!
Old 05-25-2019, 9:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Nice rant but no where did I see you saying that a violation did not occur. Are you complaining that people are getting tickets for valid violations and unsafe driving habits?
read the book 3 felonies a day. that is how many you commit without knowing it that is if you leave the basement. If Jesus Christ bought a brand new truck and trailer he would get tickets from DOT. it is impossible not to get tickets from the DOT there are countless idiotic rules. all the delivery trucks never got tickets with the same vehicles until that guy went insane writing tickets. the Stockholm Syndrome affects many people where it seems they enjoy control freaks watching every move they make
Old 05-25-2019, 1:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
read the book 3 felonies a day. that is how many you commit without knowing it that is if you leave the basement. If Jesus Christ bought a brand new truck and trailer he would get tickets from DOT. it is impossible not to get tickets from the DOT there are countless idiotic rules. all the delivery trucks never got tickets with the same vehicles until that guy went insane writing tickets. the Stockholm Syndrome affects many people where it seems they enjoy control freaks watching every move they make
But you said that the tickets were for failure to signal at the appropriate time and running stop signs, not some obscure violation. And since when does the DOT have an enforcement arm that pulls people over and issues tickets, I thought you said that this was a city cop? I still don't see you stating that the tickets were issued for some made up violation, but that the violation did in fact occur.

If your going to come here and be a , please try harder and take some pride in your work. Any fool can troll and post garbage that makes no sense.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member