Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 01-24-2014, 7:19 AM
Veteran Member

Default RWVA Membership = free events?

Quick question guys: I was watching an older (2011) YT vid on Appleseed that mentioned if you become a member of the RWVA, after your first attended event subsequent events are free to you as an RWVA member. Was that true? Is it still true?

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-24-2014, 4:30 PM
Veteran Member

For a while they were running a thing where you could repeat for up to a year or until you hit Rifleman, which ever happened first.
Old 01-24-2014, 6:58 PM
CGSSA Leader

Yep, we closed that promo in 2012.

I did have a few students buy a membership and then make Rifleman the very next day... don't think any of them were too upset about it, though.

Our pricing schedule has changed for 2014. It is now cheaper ($60) for a full-fare two-day class than it used to be, so come on out. Full price information is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/pricing.html

Our membership price is still $20/year, and this satisfies the Affiliated Club Membership requirement of the CMP. (Your HSC card, or attending an Appleseed, takes care of the safety course requirement.) But we don't do free classes with membership anymore. For that you'll need to earn a Hat.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 01-24-2014, 7:04 PM
Veteran Member

Gotcha, thanks guys.

The wife is hell bent on earning her patch, and I'm looking forward to earning another (or two) with a different rifle (or two). So yeah, we'll be making it out often, me thinks

Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2014, 7:57 PM

Can't wait to attend my first Appleseed. What is the setup like? What I mean, is can my wife come along and just watch? She's done that when I've taken tactical classes that she wasn't able to take at the time (or wanted to take a lady's version of). She is signed up to do the Ladyseed two weeks after with my daughter. Same question for the Ladyseed - can I come with my wife and daughter and hang out and watch?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 PM

Your wife can show up and watch at the regular 'seed, no problem, though she'll be asked to sign a liability waiver. As far as the Ladyseed, you need to ask the shoot boss if she'll allow a non-female at the shoot - some do, some don't. (In either case, what you can't do is coach your family member on the firing line.)
Old 01-27-2014, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeople View Post
Your wife can show up and watch at the regular 'seed, no problem, though she'll be asked to sign a liability waiver. As far as the Ladyseed, you need to ask the shoot boss if she'll allow a non-female at the shoot - some do, some don't. (In either case, what you can't do is coach your family member on the firing line.)
Yeah, I don't plan to coach at all. I know better than that with my wife. I am thinking I will just get them to the area and carry the guns and ammo. They can take it from there, and I'll listen some during the talks (I think I read it had female-specific highlights from the RW) and go plink on the range here and there.
Old 01-27-2014, 6:17 PM
Veteran Member

Jason, just my 2cents.

Maybe reconsider hanging around the Ladyseed much, or even at all. I can't speak for the Ladyseed specifically, but I do know that *usually* the ladies and girls that might look forward to attending a female specific event *sometimes* do so because they know they'll be free of male attention, and can therefore relax a little more than they might otherwise. Having you there might initially put those ladies on edge (hopefully only until it becomes obvious you're only there for your family). Know what I mean?

Just a little food for thought. I'm sure all will be well either way.
Old 01-28-2014, 6:26 AM

Appleseeds goal is to bring people together and get families out shooting together and celebrating a shared heritage together. Why divide your family?

At Appleseeds we encourage families to split on the line to avoid the "lean over and help" syndrome and have everyone focus on there own shooting and leave it to the instructors to instruct. You still get to share the joy together of going down line to look at the targets, gather up for instruction and listen to the histories together over lunch/breaks.

Plus its more fun for us instructors watching the "weaker sex" out shoot the alpha dogs by the end of the weekend.