Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 03-16-2014, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Default 6 round capacity

Hey guys. For those that have shot rifles with less than an 8 round capacity, how did it work out? I'm considering shooting my K31 at the next event, but obviously 2 and 8 aint gonna fly. Instead, can I drop the mag, load it with 4, shoot, then stripper clip in another 6? Or, is that a no no?

Thanks guys.
Old 03-16-2014, 8:36 PM
CGSSA Leader

You can shoot 5 and 5 and it'll be fine. We'll make an exception for you. The goal of Appleseed is to be as proficient as possible with your rifle, and so long as you're safe, the Shoot Boss will be glad to accomodate you.

I've shot the course with an M1917, which technically holds six rounds, but I use M38 Swede stripper clips with it since they feed smoother -- five round clips. No issues.

In your case I'd go ahead and charge it with 6, shoot 6, charge another 6, shoot 4, and just eject the remaining two rounds after an AQT stage.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.

Last edited by as_rocketman; 03-16-2014 at 8:42 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

Very good. Thank you for the info.
Old 03-17-2014, 5:58 PM

The 2/8 split is inherited from the Garand (and Springfield before it), but the real test is of your ability to reacquire NPOA after having to break position to do the swap. So that can be accomplished with any combination that adds up to 10 shots with a position break somewhere in the middle.

If you charge with a total of 12 rounds, be sure to only send 10 of them. If there are extra holes on the target, you get the worst ones scored.
Old 03-17-2014, 8:20 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeople View Post
If you charge with a total of 12 rounds, be sure to only send 10 of them. If there are extra holes on the target, you get the worst ones scored.
This! I was amazed how easy it is to lose count the first dozen or so times...

... but with six-round strippers, that fits very nicely on Stage 3 where the round count is 3, 3, 4.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.