Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 07-21-2008, 9:41 AM

Default Match the 26th of July

Hi All,

I'd like you all to put on your thinking caps and come up with ideas to discuss for next year's program. We will discuss your ideas/concerns after the Matches on Saturday.

The Club will be providing FOOD and BEVERAGES for you all so that you won't pass out after a day of shooting and will be able to express your wishes coherently.

Thank you for your attention and Good Luck to Saturday and Sunday's competitors.

See you on the Range,

SMGC Board of Directors
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM

Are there still spots for the match on Saturday? If so, is it necessary to pre-register? A friend of mine from out of town and I are planning on attending.

Also, this will be the first 800 aggregate match I've entered and only my second 'competition'. My previous match was the Garand Match in June. For my friend, it will be his first time competing. You all were extremely accommodating with us beginners on the 29th, will these NRA matches have a similar atmosphere? I see there is also a 20 shot rapid fire segment. Will I need two separate 2 rd enblocs or is there time to reload between each 10 rd rapid fire sequence? Thanks.

~Kevin
Old 07-22-2008, 1:38 PM

A few more questions for Saturday's NRA match.

Is NRA membership required?

Also, neither one of us has an NRA classification card. From the rules, it sounds like we'll then compete in the master unclassified class. We'll both be shooting CMP M1 Garands. How does one sign up for the service rifle class?

Thanks again everyone,

~Kevin

Last edited by csorin; 07-22-2008 at 3:19 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 3:34 PM

No problems. We can accommodate you guys and we're happy to have you come out.

You do not need to be NRA members to enter. You will be "competing" with the Masters for the first time until classified. There will be enough time to reload your clips for the second rapid fire phase. Preregistration is encouraged so that we can adequately prepare, however it is not critical; it is more important to be on time so that we can properly squad the relays. You will be classed as service rifles because that is what you'll be firing.

You guys need to look into the future and plan for our NTIT practice and Match. It is based on an infantry assault and is rapid fire all the way from 600 to 200 yds. It is also known as "Rattle Battle" a ton of fun!

Regards,
John
Old 07-22-2008, 8:01 PM

John,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just finished reading an article on the NTIT matches. They sound like great fun and I'll definitely plan on attending. See you this weekend.

~Kevin
Old 07-23-2008, 3:53 PM

If I can get my rifle zeroed before Sunday I should be there. Took the scope off to test another rifle. Are there many F/Open competitors at the 3X600?
Old 07-23-2008, 4:04 PM

Puff-
You can absolutely shoot F-Class on the 600 yard day...in fact tell all of your buddies that want to shoot F-Class. We're trying to really develop a major F-Class venue...give us a try!
Old 07-24-2008, 9:10 PM

I would like to know how many people are planing on shooting the match on Sat. If you would please shoot a email to me cworucks@cox.net, it would give me a head count. Rifle Director SMGC.