Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #561  
Old 11-29-2014, 9:08 PM
camvoncrosshair's Avatar
camvoncrosshair camvoncrosshair is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
So riverside county won't let me put a handgun I have on my ccw permit. It is an off roster SSE s&w shield 9mm. But it was drosed as a single shot and 25acp. I sent in the ownership form along with 19 bucks to DOJ but they sent it back stating it's already in my name. All I'm trying to do it change it to 9mm and semi auto so the records are right and the county will approve it. What other ways can I change this?
Thanks in advance
some have had luck with doing a pawn then transfer back to them. when the pawn dealer submits it in DES, he would enter it as 9mm and semi auto. there is a thread somewhere here showing a guy had it successfully work for san bernardino county.
__________________
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark...".

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 11-29-2014, 9:18 PM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,706
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
some have had luck with doing a pawn then transfer back to them. when the pawn dealer submits it in DES, he would enter it as 9mm and semi auto. there is a thread somewhere here showing a guy had it successfully work for san bernardino county.
Pawn shops do that to make handguns legit when they may have been inherited or whatever and there isn't a normal channel to make them legit. You essentially dispose of it as the owner/possessor, and then buy a used gun and become a registered owner. I have no idea which places will or won't do that, but I know the pawn shop off the 15 and Winchester does it.
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 11-29-2014, 9:19 PM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,706
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Oh and BTW, I'm pretty sure this is karma for cheating on XD's...
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 11-29-2014, 9:51 PM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Oh and BTW, I'm pretty sure this is karma for cheating on XD's...

Who did you buy the gun from and did you qualify through Riverside, or one of their approved trainers?

I also have an sse Shield listed on my app and I'm just waiting for word on my application at this point. So I'd like to hear more of your details. I would hope if this was an issue that they would have told me by now. My livescan was submitted about 40 days ago.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 11-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Finnick Finnick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Who did you buy the gun from and did you qualify through Riverside, or one of their approved trainers?

I also have an sse Shield listed on my app and I'm just waiting for word on my application at this point. So I'd like to hear more of your details. I would hope if this was an issue that they would have told me by now. My livescan was submitted about 40 days ago.
Was your Shield DROS'd in .25acp as well? I would assume they don't run the guns until the end where it is one of the last things done.

I just bought a 4th Gen G19 through SSE and I specifically requested the gun be DROS'd in 9mm- with intention to eliminate the same situation XDNINER is having- when I add the firearm to my permit. Also... I recently went to Ben Clark and qualified with a different firearm to add it to my permit and I have yet to receive my new card. It has now been 3 weeks since I qualified with it.

IF DROSing the gun in the correct caliber wasn't an option, I would for sure go the pawn shop route, pay ~$45 and wait 10 days. "What good is a gun if i can't have it on my ccw" are my thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 11-30-2014, 8:09 AM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Oh and BTW, I'm pretty sure this is karma for cheating on XD's...
Haha that's exactly what it is
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 11-30-2014, 8:13 AM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Who did you buy the gun from and did you qualify through Riverside, or one of their approved trainers?

I also have an sse Shield listed on my app and I'm just waiting for word on my application at this point. So I'd like to hear more of your details. I would hope if this was an issue that they would have told me by now. My livescan was submitted about 40 days ago.
I bought it through rifle gear in OC and I thought they knew what they were doing.
I haven't qualified yet but will be doing it through Ben Clark. But during my interview I asked deputy Aguirre about it, he looked up my firearm through the DOJ and saw 25 acp and told me it won't be approved if I list it as 9mm.
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 11-30-2014, 8:18 AM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Is the pawn shop route my only option at this point?
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 11-30-2014, 8:18 AM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnick View Post
Was your Shield DROS'd in .25acp as well? I would assume they don't run the guns until the end where it is one of the last things done.



I just bought a 4th Gen G19 through SSE and I specifically requested the gun be DROS'd in 9mm- with intention to eliminate the same situation XDNINER is having- when I add the firearm to my permit. Also... I recently went to Ben Clark and qualified with a different firearm to add it to my permit and I have yet to receive my new card. It has now been 3 weeks since I qualified with it.



IF DROSing the gun in the correct caliber wasn't an option, I would for sure go the pawn shop route, pay ~$45 and wait 10 days. "What good is a gun if i can't have it on my ccw" are my thoughts.

My shield was purchased through riflegear. I'm not sure what caliber it was DROS'ed as, but my paperwork from FTA who did the firearms inspection listed the gun as 9mm. I'm hoping that'll be enough. If not, I'm wondering if I should just go pawn it now, and hope that it clears before they run the check.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 11-30-2014, 8:19 AM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Has anyone else had something SSE come back to them as a problem? This is the first I'm hearing of this in Riverside.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 11-30-2014, 9:24 AM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 512
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Pawn shops do that to make handguns legit when they may have been inherited or whatever and there isn't a normal channel to make them legit. You essentially dispose of it as the owner/possessor, and then buy a used gun and become a registered owner. I have no idea which places will or won't do that, but I know the pawn shop off the 15 and Winchester does it.

Curious what the pawn shop name is off of Winchester in Temecula. It's a lot closer to me than Riverside


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 AM
camvoncrosshair's Avatar
camvoncrosshair camvoncrosshair is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnick View Post
Was your Shield DROS'd in .25acp as well? I would assume they don't run the guns until the end where it is one of the last things done.

I just bought a 4th Gen G19 through SSE and I specifically requested the gun be DROS'd in 9mm- with intention to eliminate the same situation XDNINER is having- when I add the firearm to my permit. Also... I recently went to Ben Clark and qualified with a different firearm to add it to my permit and I have yet to receive my new card. It has now been 3 weeks since I qualified with it.

IF DROSing the gun in the correct caliber wasn't an option, I would for sure go the pawn shop route, pay ~$45 and wait 10 days. "What good is a gun if i can't have it on my ccw" are my thoughts.
I think it is more than just the caliber. SSE, by definition is single shot, and that is how it is with the DOJ, along with caliber. when the IA runs the gun info, it comes back as such.
__________________
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark...".

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 11-30-2014, 10:37 AM
camvoncrosshair's Avatar
camvoncrosshair camvoncrosshair is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
My shield was purchased through riflegear. I'm not sure what caliber it was DROS'ed as, but my paperwork from FTA who did the firearms inspection listed the gun as 9mm. I'm hoping that'll be enough. If not, I'm wondering if I should just go pawn it now, and hope that it clears before they run the check.
my guess on how it works via FTA and other trainers, is that you show your weapon, record serial, caliber, etc, then qualify. that info is then given to the IA, who runs the weapon through DOJ. private trainers would not likely have access to do the same through DOJ. they pretty much certify that you came in with gun 123xyz in .95 mega gat caliber and qualified with it, and not much more.
__________________
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark...".

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 11-30-2014, 10:46 AM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
I think it is more than just the caliber. SSE, by definition is single shot, and that is how it is with the DOJ, along with caliber. when the IA runs the gun info, it comes back as such.
Yes exactly... At my interview deputy Aguirre said it was more of a protection for me, if I ever have to use that firearm a prosecutor could possibly use that against me saying it was only supposed to be single shot capable and 25 acp
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 11-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Yes exactly... At my interview deputy Aguirre said it was more of a protection for me, if I ever have to use that firearm a prosecutor could possibly use that against me saying it was only supposed to be single shot capable and 25 acp

So this came up at your initial interview or afterwards? I completed my interview some time ago.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 11-30-2014, 11:29 AM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
So this came up at your initial interview or afterwards? I completed my interview some time ago.
Yes I asked at my initial interview they gave me the DOJ form I sent it in but it was returned to me uncashed and unchanged
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 11-30-2014, 12:19 PM
camvoncrosshair's Avatar
camvoncrosshair camvoncrosshair is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Yes I asked at my initial interview they gave me the DOJ form I sent it in but it was returned to me uncashed and unchanged
IIRC, the DOJ told IAs that weapons registered as SSE were a no go on CCWs. once they are registered with DOJ as otherwise, they seem to be fine. maybe some of the IAs are doing what they can to help out with getting things sorted out as best as possible for the citizen.
__________________
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark...".

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 11-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Hylas Hylas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 457
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Pawning or Cosignment at an FFL and then redrosing it back to you is a 10 day fix, i know this first hand, and will work no problem for Riverside
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 12-01-2014, 7:42 AM
Finnick Finnick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
I think it is more than just the caliber. SSE, by definition is single shot, and that is how it is with the DOJ, along with caliber. when the IA runs the gun info, it comes back as such.
I understand.. Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be pawning it and waiting 10days.
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 12-01-2014, 7:53 AM
Finnick Finnick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Curious what the pawn shop name is off of Winchester in Temecula. It's a lot closer to me than Riverside


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would just look up the local pawn shops in that area and call them. Temecula is closer to me as well but I would rather save the headache/confusion and go to the pawnshop in Riverside proven to have this process down with no problems.

IF you go to Temecula, please share your results
Reply With Quote
  #581  
Old 12-01-2014, 4:18 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnick View Post
I would just look up the local pawn shops in that area and call them. Temecula is closer to me as well but I would rather save the headache/confusion and go to the pawnshop in Riverside proven to have this process down with no problems.

IF you go to Temecula, please share your results
Please let us know if and what local pawn shops are willing to do this if you find one
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 12-03-2014, 1:43 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Alright guys so I took my shield to temecula pawn it's right on Winchester in the Starbucks parking lot
41125 Winchester Rd
Temecula‎ CA‎ 92591
United States
+1 (951) 296-3195
Call and ask for Mike he's the only one there that deals with firearms
Basically you take a loan out and use your firearm as collateral which in turn
Transfers the firearm into their name. Then you pay back the loan+ fees.
And a new dros is then processed same day and he enters it as semi- auto
And correct caliber. All in all I paid 40 bucks including dros fee.
I never thought I would be putting my shield BACK in jail but if that's what it takes........
So now we have a shop that's closer for some of us- now I wait 10 days again....
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 12-03-2014, 2:08 PM
camvoncrosshair's Avatar
camvoncrosshair camvoncrosshair is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 411
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
now I wait 10 days again....
if you have already had your rights violated to wait for 10 days once, what's wrong with having to do it again?
__________________
"Fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark...".

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 12-03-2014, 5:31 PM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
All in all I paid 40 bucks including dros fee.
I never thought I would be putting my shield BACK in jail but if that's what it takes........
So now we have a shop that's closer for some of us- now I wait 10 days again....

Another $40 bucks just to fix a database error basically, which normally only costs $19 (vol reg), just so that an IA can feel good about putting THE EXACT SAME PISTOL on your carry permit?

__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 12-03-2014, 5:41 PM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,706
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
if you have already had your rights violated to wait for 10 days once, what's wrong with having to do it again?
The whole situation is a train bang. This is just one more. Glad it was at least doable.
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 12-03-2014, 5:43 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Ya this thing just seems to keep adding up. Let's see- $200 for total application, $100 for ccw class ,extra $10 for live scan agent, 40 for caliber correction, multiple holsters, ammo, probably new pants and good belt
Freedom isn't free in california
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 12-03-2014, 5:47 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 512
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Alright guys so I took my shield to temecula pawn it's right on Winchester in the Starbucks parking lot
41125 Winchester Rd
Temecula‎ CA‎ 92591
United States
+1 (951) 296-3195

Call and ask for Mike he's the only one there that deals with firearms

Was this guy cool doing this or was there some apprehension on his part.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:09 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Was this guy cool doing this or was there some apprehension on his part.
He was way cool actually it seemed like this was just an everyday thing, paperwork only took about 10 mins and he ran dros right away for me so the wait would start right away. I told him I was going to do a write up he said send them all my way
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:15 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 512
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Awesome....thx for being the guinea pig LOL. I have my range qual on the 17th so I have time to get it taken care of.

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:16 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Awesome....thx for being the guinea pig LOL. I have my range qual on the 17th so I have time to get it taken care of.

Mark
So do I that's why I did it today so I can have it picked up and ready for the 17th I'm @ 8am
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:21 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 512
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
So do I that's why I did it today so I can have it picked up and ready for the 17th I'm @ 8am

10:00 here. I had my choice of times but wanted the opportunity to sleep in.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:28 PM
XDNINER XDNINER is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I'm still working on a good excuse to get out of work so the earlier the better for me
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:42 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 512
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
I'm still working on a good excuse to get out of work so the earlier the better for me
LOL...I hear ya!
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 12-03-2014, 6:46 PM
Dee_Dub's Avatar
Dee_Dub Dee_Dub is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So cal
Posts: 2,052
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Is the pawn shop route my only option at this point?
Are you married and does your wife have a HSC?
Have you thought about intrafamily transfer? I had this problem a recently. I purchased a XDs a few months back. Qualified with it as well as a few other guns only to find out that the XDs couldnt be added. It was Dros as multi caliber. The ccw unit said no dice on the XDS, They suggested trying to dros it again or private party transfer. I chose to register it to my wife. I already have one of her HG on my permit. I filled out the paper work a few weeks ago along with the 19 bux. Should hear from them soon. Then I may try and add it again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Has anyone else had something SSE come back to them as a problem? This is the first I'm hearing of this in Riverside.
I have two HG on my permit that were purchased SSE. The first one was bought at rifle care and sse via OC armory. Added to my permit over a year ago, No issues. Bought my XDs from FFL that SSE and it was dros as multi caliber = No go with Rivco.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
All in all I paid 40 bucks including dros fee.
I never thought I would be putting my shield BACK in jail but if that's what it takes........
So now we have a shop that's closer for some of us- now I wait 10 days again....
Damn... theres always next time.
__________________
A man's GOT to know his limitations.

Last edited by Dee_Dub; 12-03-2014 at 6:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 12-03-2014, 7:43 PM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_Dub View Post

I have two HG on my permit that were purchased SSE. The first one was bought at rifle care and sse via OC armory. Added to my permit over a year ago, No issues. Bought my XDs from FFL that SSE and it was dros as multi caliber = No go with Rivco.

So if I understand you correctly. If the sse was done as a standard caliber it's fine. If it was DROS'ed as a multi-caliber, that's where RivCo throws a fit?
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 12-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Finnick Finnick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
So if I understand you correctly. If the sse was done as a standard caliber it's fine. If it was DROS'ed as a multi-caliber, that's where RivCo throws a fit?
I would like to know the answer to this as well. This and what camvoncrosshair was saying kind of contradict each other. My dog in the fight is this: I already have my RivCo CCW, I am picking up a Gen 4 G19 next week I purchased via SSE (but DROS'd in 9mm). Before I schedule the range appt and waste time for everyone involved, I would like to know if I need to pawn the gun and get this SSE insignia scrubbed.
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 AM
funk_drum funk_drum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 292
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I may be wrong, but as I understand it, you can carry on your property w/o a permit. Because of that, is home defense a good GC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripMan12 View Post
Yeah, I guess I'll just give up. You can't stop someone from robbing your house anyway. All you can do is stand there like a dummy and watch them drive away with your stuff. Hell, you might as well help them load it up.

Oh sure, I could call the sheriff and if they can even find my place they might get there in a half hour or so. Most of the time if I need someone to do a service at my house I need to drive down to the main paved road and lead them to my place.
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 12-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk_drum View Post
I may be wrong, but as I understand it, you can carry on your property w/o a permit. Because of that, is home defense a good GC?

You can only carry on those portions of your property that are not accessible to the public. So if your front yard is open (without a fence and gate) to your front door, then you can't carry in your front yard without a permit.

It is highly unlikely in the current process to have a GC of "home defense" accepted. If you're inside of your home you can carry, if you are outside of your home and come home to a break-in that's still ongoing. The wisest decision is to call LE and be a good witness.

Because there is no threat of death of GBI while you're outside your house, you can't put yourself in a position where you're in fear of your life and then use self-defense.

Said another way, you can't protect the property in your home. You also can't go confront guys stealing in your home and start a fight, then claim self-defense. If you can avoid the fight by staying down the street, you have that obligation.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 AM
funk_drum funk_drum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 292
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post

Said another way, you can't protect the property in your home. You also can't go confront guys stealing in your home and start a fight, then claim self-defense. If you can avoid the fight by staying down the street, you have that obligation.
This is what I was told in my Idaho CCW class. If you come down stairs in the middle of the night and see someone carrying your TV out, you can't use your weapon to stop (protect) the TV from going out of the door. He said if the perp tries to throw your TV on you, then you can use your gun to protect yourself. He even said that pointing your gun at someone is legally considered deadly force, even if you don't shoot. Since you can't use deadly force to protect your property, you can't even draw on the perp. He said can have your gun in high-ready position, rotating your gun 90 degrees so it's pointed off to the side and not at anyone. That way you aren't using deadly force by not pointing your gun at the perp while at the same time they can see you mean business.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 12-04-2014, 9:54 AM
Sleighter's Avatar
Sleighter Sleighter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs
Posts: 3,648
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk_drum View Post
This is what I was told in my Idaho CCW class. If you come down stairs in the middle of the night and see someone carrying your TV out, you can't use your weapon to stop (protect) the TV from going out of the door. He said if the perp tries to throw your TV on you, then you can use your gun to protect yourself. He even said that pointing your gun at someone is legally considered deadly force, even if you don't shoot. Since you can't use deadly force to protect your property, you can't even draw on the perp. He said can have your gun in high-ready position, rotating your gun 90 degrees so it's pointed off to the side and not at anyone. That way you aren't using deadly force by not pointing your gun at the perp while at the same time they can see you mean business.

Luckily in CA if someone by force breaks into your home, you have the presumption of being in fear of death or GBI, so it's ok to respond with deadly force (meaning pointing your gun at them). However, once you encounter the individual you need to assess the situation and determine if you are in fact in fear of death and act accordingly. In the classic "guy is running for the door with your TV" you're not reasonably in fear of your life, (the facts don't support it) so you can't shoot.
__________________
If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.