Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-09-2018, 1:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Just another reminder for Yolo folk/activists who want CCWs to start regularly googling to see: (1) if Prieto will retire early and (2) to see when & where Lopez will have public meetings where you can ask him about CCWs and tell him you want him to issue them readily just like all Yolo's neighboring counties, including Solano and Sacramento.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 10-13-2018, 6:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Yolo folk, since you're also light red on the CA CCW GC map, you should check out the advice I posted for Contra Costa folk who want CCWs:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

Old 10-24-2018, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Just another reminder for Yolo folk/activists who want CCWs to start regularly googling to see: (1) if Prieto will retire early and (2) to see when & where Lopez will have public meetings where you can ask him about CCWs and tell him you want him to issue them readily just like all Yolo's neighboring counties, including Solano and Sacramento.
Another 2 weeks have gone by so another reminder to you Yolo Co folk to watch for a possible early retirement announcement, probably between mid Nov and mid Dec.

But even more important is monitoring for "meet & greet" events by Lopez and encouraging him to liberally issue CCWs, like all of Yolo's neighboring counties, esp Sacto that should have issued something like >12,000 CCW by now.

You folks say you want CCWs, and now is your the best opportunity you've had in YEARS to improve issuance, don't come whining back here if you don't seize the day.

Old 11-04-2018, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Another week and a half has gone by....

Old 12-03-2018, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

We're now in Dec. I just googled and found no new news searching "Tom Lopez Yolo county sheriff", so I assume he won't be taking office until early January.

Have any of you tried contacting him re. CCWs or when he's going to have those "Meet & Greet" and Q&As with the public? You'll be able to explain to him how states and CA counties that readily issue do NOT have problems with CCWers (neither public safety risks, nor officer safety risks), but that they have stopped numerous crimes, including crimes against LEOs (see link in my sig line). If those events happen during Dec, they'll happen ASAP to avoid Christmas and New Years.

There's a link to his campaign's FB page and email at the top right of:
https://tomlopez4sheriff.com/

Last edited by Paladin; 12-05-2018 at 12:14 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 9:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Did anyone volunteer or work with Lopez's campaign? If so, can you PM me. Yes, this is both urgent and important. Less than 4 weeks until he's sworn in.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconte5 View Post
I live in Yolo County but work for a neighboring Sheriff's Office as a Correctional Officer. Does this give me any better chances of getting my CCW? Should I just hold off until we hear something about the court case?
I'm not sure, but as a CO I believe you would be applying for a 4-year Reserve Officer (vs 2-year Standard) CCW from Yolo Co. I also do not know if the GC standard is the same for the 4-year as the 2-year.

Either way, your chances under Lopez once he takes office will be better than they have been in many years. If I were you, I'd fill out an app, get all the supporting documents (e.g., residence and Good Cause) together and keep improving my Good Cause statement. For helpful information, see:

Last edited by Paladin; 12-13-2018 at 1:29 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Did anyone volunteer or work with Lopez's campaign? If so, can you PM me. Yes, this is both urgent and important. Less than 4 weeks until he's sworn in.
About 2 1/2 weeks until Lopez is sworn in....

Old 01-07-2019, 1:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Here's an article that someone who lives in Yolo Co can go thru to see if it mentions any "Meet & Greet"/"Q&A" with the new sheriff, Lopez. You all remember why that's important, right?... If not, just go backwards thru this thread until you find out why.

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...ing-events-26/
Has anyone read that article yet?

Has anyone contacted the SO via their FB or calling them or dropping by their HQ to ask?

If you guys (sic) are too afraid to even contact the SO and ask, how do you expect to have enough, ahem, guts to draw down on a BG and shoot him during a gunfight???

Old 01-07-2019, 1:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Once again, here's the current CCW GC policy that Lopez says he has no intention of changing, but will discuss the issue at "meet & greets."

Quote:
205.4.3 CRITERIA

• Examples of valid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:

(a) Victim's of violent crime and/ or documented threats of violence

(b) Business owners who carry large sums of cash or valuable items.

(c) Business owners who work all hours in remote areas and are likely to encounter dangerous people and situations

• Examples of invalid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:

(a) Recreation in remote areas

(b) Hunting or fishing

(c) Self-protection and protection of family without credible threat of violence

(d) Employment in the security field, i.e. security guard, body guard, VIP protection

(e) Personal safety due to job conditions or duties placed on the applicant by their employer
From: http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...irearm-1-1.pdf

If you guys don't grow a pair and step up to organize on how to talk to him to convince him to liberalize issuance, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves for not having CCWs.

Old 01-07-2019, 1:48 PM
Calguns Addict

You need me to wipe your ---es?

Here's the SO's contact info for this sort of thing:
Quote:
Address:
140 Tony Diaz Drive
Woodland, CA 95776

Email: The Yolo County Sheriff’s Office may be contacted via email at yolocountysheriffs@yolocounty.org. Please note that this email account is not monitored after normal business hours.

Administration (530) 668-5280
West Sacramento Residents call (916) 375-6493

Here's their FaceBook site to contact them via private message: https://www.facebook.com/YoloCountySheriffsOffice

If none of you contact them and post what you find, you don't deserve a CCW and I don't know how you can even look yourself in the mirror....

(No, I won't do it for you, I don't even live in Yolo Co....)

Old 01-07-2019, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Dare I even ask if ANYONE showed up to this, shook Lopez's hand, greeted him, congratulated him and say they'd like to meet with him or his office regarding liberalizing CCW issuance for Yolo Co?

Or was this another opportunity WASTED???

Why am I, who doesn't even live in Yolo Co, doing all of this? "Helloooo! Anybody home? Anybody want a CCW?"

Last edited by Paladin; 01-07-2019 at 9:31 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 3:00 PM
Calguns Addict

This is really pretty pathetic (I was going to say funny, but it isn't): the biggest opening for CCWs in Yolo Co in over 10 years and all the Yolo Co CGNers are AWOL....

Old 01-08-2019, 8:26 PM

I am out of Yolo County as of last month (hallelujah!) but as far as what I am hearing there is going to be no change to the CCW policy but like what Paladin is saying if more upstanding/responsible citizens get involved and reach out to the Sheriff he could possibly see the need and at least lighten up the criteria.

The hearsay what I am referring to is based on what I am reading on some Woodland Facebook groups. A few have questioned Tom Lopez on the CCW policy and each time he has responded there will be no change. A hunting buddy of mine who isn't on this forum said he asked a few deputies in town and they say Tom has no plans to change the policy.

But it seems he is open to change...
"Changes Lopez intends to make include bringing back the resident deputy program and gang task force, working on homeless outreach and increasing training for supervisors and staff.

He said he wants to create a “grassroots atmosphere where everybody has a voice” and form committees where team members can give input on everything from uniforms to cars.

The sheriff-coroner says his new position serves as a political head tasked with creating relationships with other agencies and the public while undersheriffs are typically fixers who are boots on the ground."

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...t-days-behind/

New Undersheriff: http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...dersheriff.pdf

What does this mean? I have no idea and do not know his opinion on CCW issuance.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
I am out of Yolo County as of last month (hallelujah!) but as far as what I am hearing there is going to be no change to the CCW policy but like what Paladin is saying if more upstanding/responsible citizens get involved and reach out to the Sheriff he could possibly see the need and at least lighten up the criteria.

The hearsay what I am referring to is based on what I am reading on some Woodland Facebook groups. A few have questioned Tom Lopez on the CCW policy and each time he has responded there will be no change. A hunting buddy of mine who isn't on this forum said he asked a few deputies in town and they say Tom has no plans to change the policy.

But it seems he is open to change...
"Changes Lopez intends to make include bringing back the resident deputy program and gang task force, working on homeless outreach and increasing training for supervisors and staff.

He said he wants to create a “grassroots atmosphere where everybody has a voice” and form committees where team members can give input on everything from uniforms to cars.

The sheriff-coroner says his new position serves as a political head tasked with creating relationships with other agencies and the public while undersheriffs are typically fixers who are boots on the ground."

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...t-days-behind/

New Undersheriff: http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...dersheriff.pdf

What does this mean? I have no idea and do not know his opinion on CCW issuance.
This is what Sheriff Lopez said on his campaign website during the campaign:

Quote:
Conceal Carry Weapons Permits (CCW):

I’m not planning to make any changes to the current policy. In my experience there is quite a bit of misinformation and misunderstanding, and because the topic is very emotionally charged any past dialogue has been difficult.

I’d like to start by bringing people together to talk. After a thorough dialogue, we’ll have a clearer picture and can proceed from there. But I absolutely commit to an inclusive, open and transparent discussion.
More at: http://tomlopez4sheriff.com/issues/

IOW, there's an opening, and opening for discussing and persuading him to liberalize CCW issuance. But don't expect him to accept SD = GC. That's unrealistic. But if you can explain to him that liberalizing issuance has NOT been an officer safety or public safety problem in either the 42 out of 50 Shall Issue states, or the 46 out of 58 readily issuing CA counties, he may be willing to issue more. Be sure to point out that there are now >17,000,000 CCWers in the USA including >100,000 in CA. This is not some radical, untested policy. We've had >30 years of experience with it. Restrictive issuing is the extreme, out of the mainstream approach.

Be sure to be polite, respectful and patient when talking with Lopez.

Be sure to read over all the advice I give for applying for a CoCoCo SO CCW at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

and internalize all the "Preliminary Matter" before talking with him so you don't go off on a 2nd A tangent, to avoid any discussions from being "misinformation and misunderstanding," and "very emotionally charged."

Right now, Yolo Co is sticking out like a sort thumb -- it's an island of light red in a sea of green. You Yolo CGNers need to change that.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-09-2019 at 11:21 AM..
Old 01-11-2019, 7:49 AM

Paladin - thank you for the updates. I agree these are opportunities wasted.

I moved here a couple years ago - a former Virginia CCW holder and Vet. Since moving to California for tech work (first Santa Clara then here) I've been beaten into acquiescence. I should have done my research before moving to West Sacramento....I'm literally 1/4 mile away from owning a CCW.

I hadn't been tracking Yolo politics, and that's on me. I might write a letter congratulating him, and asking him his policies on CCW. I'm a bit sensitive to the timing though, with Officer Corona's end-of-watch last night (RIP).

If I moved back to the Bay Area, would I lose my CCW on renewal? Just curious (this commute is kicking my ***).
Old 01-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasty View Post
I moved here a couple years ago - a former Virginia CCW holder and Vet. Since moving to California for tech work (first Santa Clara then here) I've been beaten into acquiescence. I should have done my research before moving to West Sacramento....I'm literally 1/4 mile away from owning a CCW.

I hadn't been tracking Yolo politics, and that's on me. I might write a letter congratulating him, and asking him his policies on CCW. I'm a bit sensitive to the timing though, with Officer Corona's end-of-watch last night (RIP).

If I moved back to the Bay Area, would I lose my CCW on renewal?

Just curious (this commute is kicking my ***).
First off, I'd contact the SO and ask when Sheriff Lopez will be having his "meet & greet"/Q&A sessions with the public. They'll probably transfer you to their PR person and just say you'd like to attend to ask him about his CCW policy and to make the case that he should liberalize it. He'll be much more open to someone "normal" he's seeing and talking to than just a letter.

Next, re. your residence: I'm not sure I'm tracking you. You live in Yolo Co. You currently do not have a CA CCW. You commute to work in where? You might move to which SFBA county?

IIRC, you lose your CCW 90 days after you leave your current county. (Double check that with Librarian.) That's to give you time to apply with your new sheriff and get issued a new CA CCW so that you're never stripped of your ability to defend you & yours!

Get it? Move into your new residence, apply with the sheriff and get issued all within 90 days!

More seriously, this map should show you what you need to know. baggss (IT as well as intel guy) who along with myself make the map, has made it so that this image will be automatically updated whenever the map is updated.

ETA: Bottom line: It all depends upon what Good Cause you can prove exist. if you want to know that you've got a solid chance of getting a CCW, move to Solano Co. (think Benicia or Vallejo). Sonoma Co should be equally good once the new sheriff settles in and gets issuing, but we don't know for sure yet. Napa is on the border of being yellow. CoCoCo is doable if you have rock solid Good Cause. See this thread for details (that will also help you with applying to any non-Dark Green county): http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

Last edited by Paladin; 03-26-2019 at 9:48 AM..
Old 01-25-2019, 3:50 PM

hasty... likely lives a short distant from Sacramento County (which issues); but, commutes to the Bay Area!
Old 03-23-2019, 12:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Better jail, more training are goals for Yolo County Sheriff

“Honored to serve” is the new slogan of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office under the leadership of Tom Lopez.

Lopez was sworn in as Sheriff in January, taking the reins from Ed Prieto, who served in the position for decades.

Lopez shared his vision for the department during a Woodland Chamber of Commerce event earlier this week.

<snip>

One of his main goals moving forward is to increase training opportunities for staff, admitting the department has “fallen behind the curve” over the last few years.

<snip>

“There are a lot of changes coming for the sheriff’s office,” he said.
More at: https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...ounty-sheriff/

Last edited by Paladin; 03-26-2019 at 9:47 AM..
Old 03-26-2019, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Moving this post over to here, the main Yolo Co SO thread. Bolding & underlining added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrey View Post
So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry. I was pretty blown away talking to him but he kept advising me to just apply. Anyone have any advice do's or don'ts?
Mass PM sent out to encourage posters in this thread to consider applying NOW! Per the above post, it sounds like Lopez has switched Yolo Co from light red to a shade of green, even though he still has the previous sheriff's anti CCW policy on the Yolo Co SO's website. But we won't know for sure until more folks apply and either post about their experience (but not so much detail as to ID themselves), or at least PM me (all PMs kept in STRICT confidence).

The ball's in your court, CGNers. Time to step up.

Old 03-26-2019, 2:26 PM

Just applied and scheduled my interview in April.

We’ll see....
Old 03-26-2019, 3:08 PM

This is positive news. I'm getting my ducks in a row and will be applying as well. Thanks Paladin and Co. for doing the heavy lifting. Will also have details to follow as well.
Old 03-26-2019, 3:09 PM

Scheduled my CCW class for next weekend.
Old 03-26-2019, 4:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPagaduan View Post
Scheduled my CCW class for next weekend.
Hmm. Not sure I'd pay for and take a CCW class yet. If you've got a really strong GC that would fly even in a light red country, sure. But right now, this is all based upon what Ostrey posted. They may have misinterpreted, misheard or mis-remembered what the Sgt said. Or the Sgt might have been in a particularly good mood and misstated what in fact is their new policy under Lopez.

I have a couple people in touch w/me who've already applied, but their GCs would pass even under a light red or yellow GC policy. IOW, if they get issued (most likely) it won't tell us the chances of most CGNers. But they did say the staff/LEOs were friendly, helpful, and encouraging, which is a good indicator that the SO went from anti to pro-CCW.

What we need now are various CGNers to call or drop by the SO, ask to speak to whoever handles CCWs. (See post #251 above for contact info.) Make an apt or phone apt if necessary. When you talk with them (Sgt? CCW Unit?), ask if they've liberalized acceptable GC after Lopez took office. Take careful notes and post in this thread. Since I PM'ed >50 CGNers in Yolo this morning, the SO won't be able to tell who posts what since there's so many possibilities. (I doubt they'll make a list of unique alternative responses to match similar posts to usernames... Don't get too )

I'd feel much more confident re. all this when more CGNers post what their initial conversations (i.e., before applying, before interviews) with the SO re. CCWs were like.

Thanks.

ETA: I should also mention that the PM was sent out less than 12 hours ago and over a half dozen people have said they'll apply. Best not to wait too long, either....

ETA2: you will note that Yolo Co is still light red on the CA CCW GC map. Until we get verification of what Ostrey posted, that's the way it will remain. We're counting on you guys and what you post/PM us to decide whether a change for the better (or worse) is justified.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-26-2019 at 5:11 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 6:47 PM

Reading through the yolo policy, they say you should complete training for phase 1 before you move to phase 2

Last edited by JPagaduan; 03-26-2019 at 6:55 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 6:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Reading through the yolo policy, they say you should complete training for phase 1 before you move to phase 2
Right, but I'm saying you should get a preliminary approval of your GC as part of phase 1 before paying for a CCW training course. Just ask them if that is possible. That way, if they deny your app because of insufficient GC, you're only out the $65 non-refundable app fee, not also the cost of the training course.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-26-2019 at 6:53 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 6:55 PM

I take that back.

When filling out the online, you’re supposed to upload the certificate or bring with you to the interview
Old 03-26-2019, 7:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I take that back.

When filling out the online, you’re supposed to upload the certificate or bring with you to the interview
1) state law requires them to give you a decision on your GC prior to you spending any extra money on training or anything else. Librarian can tell you the exact statute and I might have it somewhere, if they give you a hard time.

2) several SOs say this in order to speed things up, to streamline the process. Since the policy on Yolo's website is still the old anti one and since we're not sure what their current practice is, I'd contact them and explain the situation, that you'd like to get a GC determination first, lest you spend money on training just to get denied for insufficient GC.

If you can afford to lose the training money and not mind it, sure, go right ahead with training prior to getting a GC determination.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-26-2019 at 7:18 PM..
Old 03-26-2019, 7:22 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

PC 26190 (g)
Quote:
(g) Except as authorized pursuant to this section, no requirement, charge, assessment, fee, or condition that requires the payment of any additional funds by the applicant, or requires the applicant to obtain liability insurance, may be imposed by any licensing authority as a condition of the application for a license.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=26190.

So, unless the training might be free, seems that can't require it before determining that the other requirements have been fulfilled.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Gregg Easterbrook’s “Law of Doomsaying”: Predict catastrophe no later than ten years hence but no sooner than five years away — soon enough to terrify people but distant enough that they will not remember that you were wrong.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-26-2019, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
PC 26190 (g)
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=26190.

So, unless the training might be free, seems that can't require it before determining that the other requirements have been fulfilled.

JPagaduan, be careful you don't come off as a jerk when mentioning that statute to them. If they are liberalizing things, we want to work with them since they're helping us out. If the LEO/Sgt says you're likely to be approved and that you should get the training first, I'd just stick my neck out and do it.

But don't come back complaining to me if you do get denied and are out the training fee...

Last edited by Paladin; 03-27-2019 at 1:15 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 4:55 AM

No problem. I don’t mind waiting.

Here’s my experience with Yolo so far.

First attempt: I took the training prior to submitting the application
Received interview and then a week later...received a letter of denial

Second attempt a year and a half later: submitted application without training
A week later....received a letter of denial

Rock and a hard place
Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 AM

This is great news! I’m out of Yolo Co now but used to live there. I’ll encourage a couple of my friends to apply. They’re not on the forum but I know they are interested in getting their CCW. One of them was denied under Prieto a few years ago.
Old 03-27-2019, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
This is great news! I’m out of Yolo Co now but used to live there. I’ll encourage a couple of my friends to apply. They’re not on the forum but I know they are interested in getting their CCW. One of them was denied under Prieto a few years ago.
Be sure to send them a link to my CoCoCo Advice thread and tell them to read all of my posts there carefully. Much will transfer to Yolo Co app process.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Reading through the yolo policy, they say you should complete training for phase 1 before you move to phase 2.
Where are you seeing this? The statute says:
Quote:
26165. (a) For new license applicants, the course of training for issuance of a license under Section 26150 or 26155 may be any course acceptable to the licensing authority that meets all of the following criteria:
[...]
(e) The applicant shall not be required to pay for any training courses prior to the determination of good cause being made pursuant to Section 26202.
The 2019 web site presents the 2017 Yolo policy which states this as a part of Phase 2:
Quote:
(c) The applicant shall complete a course of training approved by the agency, which complies with Penal Code § 26165. The applicant will not be required to complete and pay for any training courses prior to any determination of good cause (Penal Code § 26165; Penal Code § 26202).
Old 03-28-2019, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Where are you seeing this? The statute says:
The 2019 web site presents the 2017 Yolo policy which states this as a part of Phase 2:

i Miss spoke.

I quickly read through it and when filling out my online app, it asked of you wanted to upload your training cert
Old 03-28-2019, 3:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
i Miss spoke.

I quickly read through it and when filling out my online app, it asked of you wanted to upload your training cert
Ah...given the abundance of information stuffed into the Permitium program and other policy statements, it would be improbable to expect everything to be understood.

Good Luck.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Ostrey made their post that got us all optimistic in the other thread back on 2019 Feb 23 -- a month and a half ago.

It's been 2 weeks since I cross posted it over here, into the main Yolo Co CCW thread.

Anyone have any updates???

Anyone also hear from someone in the Yolo Co SO CCW unit that Lopez is liberalizing acceptable GC?

Old 04-13-2019, 3:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Yolo Co is now yellow on the CA CCW GC map!
The only thing better is if it goes green.

Hopefully, as CGNers apply and post (or at least PM me) re. their application experiences we'll find out if either shade of green is justified (or if it stays at yellow or, Egads!, goes back to light red).

Last edited by Paladin; 04-13-2019 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-16-2019, 7:56 AM

16 hour course is required per email

Old 04-21-2019, 12:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
16 hour course is required per email
So, what did you decide to do? Point out the discrepancy to them and wait on the training, or just take the training, submit the cert, and go for the interview?