Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Primary Arms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 3:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default New Primary Arms 6x with "ACSS" reticule are finally here!!

First batch of PA 6x with patent pending "ACSS Reticule are here!!!"

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_..._p/pa6xrbd.htm

The "ACSS" reticule combines bullet drop compensation correlating with range estimation, decreasing time of engagement increasing accuracy and first hit ratio dramatically!
Video of it in action below

http://youtu.be/nxwaiDeXP8c

Our testing

We fired thousands of rounds and tested in multiple altitudes, temperatures, and field conditions.

M193 600 yards 5 rounds 5 hits

M855 600 yards 5 rounds 5 hits

AK Siaga 5.45 600 yards 10-15 mph wind 13 hits 20 rounds fired.

7n6

Very cold high altitude 600 yards 3 rounds 3 hits.

7n6

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-23-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Without knowing for sure, I'm assuming the red illuminated circle-dot requires batteries. With that said, during daylight, will the reticle show a black outline in the circle-dot and still be useful without batteries?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontezumaBlackOut View Post
Without knowing for sure, I'm assuming the red illuminated circle-dot requires batteries. With that said, during daylight, will the reticle show a black outline in the circle-dot and still be useful without batteries?
Yes battery powered. Yes turned off it will show all black. ainst
Contact me at: Marshall@Primaryarms.com
Old 03-22-2013, 1:14 PM

So I "pulled the trigger" and just finished purchasing this new scope! Got the butler creek flip-ups and AD Scout mount with it. Can't wait for X-mas to get here in the month of March!
Old 03-22-2013, 1:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
So I "pulled the trigger" and just finished purchasing this new scope! Got the butler creek flip-ups and AD Scout mount with it. Can't wait for X-mas to get here in the month of March!
Thanks for your order if you need ballistic help PM me.

Dimitri
Old 03-22-2013, 2:00 PM

Thanks Dimitri! Reticle makes total sense and I don't think there is one aspect of it that I don't understand. I'll only be using m193 or m855 so it should be fairly straight forward. Very cool reticle!

Last edited by MontezumaBlackOut; 03-22-2013 at 2:09 PM.. Reason: add sentence.
Old 03-22-2013, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Thanks Dimitri! Reticle makes total sense and I don't think there is one aspect of it that I don't understand. Very cool reticle!
Thanks we were after simplicity, elegance and above all effectiveness.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-22-2013 at 6:18 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 6:29 PM

Wait what happen with the 5x?
Old 03-22-2013, 7:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelarry View Post
Wait what happen with the 5x?
Its coming but no ETA

Dimitri
Old 03-23-2013, 6:29 AM
Calguns Addict

I have a lot of other PA stuff, and this item looks good to go. I just bought one, but it was tough, took about 30 minutes. The website is pretty glitchy and I had to really work to get it done.

Hope you get the site working a bit smoother.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
Its coming but no ETA

Dimitri
Man it feel like forever...
Ordered 6x and will get 5x.I can't wait anymore, this reticle is top notch!!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 AM

Mine shows that it will be delivered on the 28th, hard part will be to decide which rifle it's going on. 1st world problems are awesome.
Old 03-25-2013, 4:19 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggan View Post
Mine shows that it will be delivered on the 28th, hard part will be to decide which rifle it's going on. 1st world problems are awesome.
Let us know how it works for you.

Dimitri
Old 03-25-2013, 9:21 PM

I don't know if this is possible, but I would love to see something like this reticle incorporated into a 6x magnifier for use with one of the PA red dots. I'm not sure how it would work, but it would work something like having everything but the center dot incorporated in the magnifier. Mounting a magnifier like that on a flip to side mound would be the ultimate combo of range and CQC. I'm not sure if I expressed the idea well, but it's something to chew on.
Those acting in the public interest assume obligations of accountability and transparency. Retroactively redefining goals while claiming yet refusing to disclose some "master plan" is just the opposite. So is viciously trashing anyone who questions your judgment. -navyinrwanda
Old 03-26-2013, 6:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculo View Post
I don't know if this is possible, but I would love to see something like this reticle incorporated into a 6x magnifier for use with one of the PA red dots. I'm not sure how it would work, but it would work something like having everything but the center dot incorporated in the magnifier. Mounting a magnifier like that on a flip to side mound would be the ultimate combo of range and CQC. I'm not sure if I expressed the idea well, but it's something to chew on.
Not physically possible to do that,but your on the right track. We have something in the works that I can't talk about.
There will be some awesome things coming from PA stay tuned...

Dimitri
Old 03-26-2013, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Not physically possible to do that,but your on the right track. We have something in the works that I can't talk about.

Dimitri
Something else, that sounds COOL, in the works? More toys! Thanks for the heads-up. I'm gonna have to do more "honey-do" stuff so my wife doesn't freak out when that next Brown Box gets delivered by UPS.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM

Mine arrived today, unboxed it (and the PA Deluxe AR Extended Mount) and have been looking through it for the last 20 minutes or so (slow day at work). Looks good, I'm able to see clearly enough to read the LP off of the car across the street (about 50yds, through glass, flourescent lighting to sunlight) can't judge the distance/clarity any farther than that due to the buildings blocking my view. Good clicks on the turrets and the on/off brightness settings, finish is great and the weight isn't bad (haven't mounted it yet). Only issue so far is the reticle size, and thats from my end as I thought it was going to be a bit larger, and I don't see that as being a flaw just a misunderstanding. I'll get it mounted up tonight and try to edit this post to review the eye relief, up close target acquisition speed and whatever else I can think of. All in all I give it an A for features, price and concept. Good Job PA.
Old 03-26-2013, 1:36 PM

Quote:

Dimitri
Well then, you need me as a beta tester
Those acting in the public interest assume obligations of accountability and transparency. Retroactively redefining goals while claiming yet refusing to disclose some "master plan" is just the opposite. So is viciously trashing anyone who questions your judgment. -navyinrwanda
Old 03-26-2013, 2:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Mine arrived today, unboxed it (and the PA Deluxe AR Extended Mount) and have been looking through it for the last 20 minutes or so (slow day at work). Looks good, I'm able to see clearly enough to read the LP off of the car across the street (about 50yds, through glass, flourescent lighting to sunlight) can't judge the distance/clarity any farther than that due to the buildings blocking my view. Good clicks on the turrets and the on/off brightness settings, finish is great and the weight isn't bad (haven't mounted it yet). Only issue so far is the reticle size, and thats from my end as I thought it was going to be a bit larger, and I don't see that as being a flaw just a misunderstanding. I'll get it mounted up tonight and try to edit this post to review the eye relief, up close target acquisition speed and whatever else I can think of. All in all I give it an A for features, price and concept. Good Job PA.
Glad you like it so far, the reticle is mathematically set for ranging. When you go mall ninja style all through the house testing CQB keep both eyes open and reticle illuminated in your peripheral vision pointed a bit down and then whip over like a red dot again both eyes open. There is no need to look through it like your going to shoot further out. I hope you understand what I mean.

Dimitri
Old 03-26-2013, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Glad you like it so far, the reticle is mathematically set for ranging. When you go mall ninja style all through the house testing CQB keep both eyes open and reticle illuminated in your peripheral vision pointed a bit down and then whip over like a red dot again both eyes open. There is no need to look through it like your going to shoot further out. I hope you understand what I mean.

Dimitri
I don't go mall ninja lol, and I've worked with ACOGS, EOTECHS and Aimpoints so I've got the Bindon Aiming Concept thing down. Full on range report will be useless as my weekends are going to be tied up working on my 51 pickup and I'm sure others will beat me to the punch, but my first impression of this scope is great, whenever there is a lull in business the thing is getting looked through. Also had some customers look through it and they all liked it so hopefully y'all will see some new customers.
Old 03-26-2013, 4:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I don't go mall ninja lol, and I've worked with ACOGS, EOTECHS and Aimpoints so I've got the Bindon Aiming Concept thing down. Full on range report will be useless as my weekends are going to be tied up working on my 51 pickup and I'm sure others will beat me to the punch, but my first impression of this scope is great, whenever there is a lull in business the thing is getting looked through. Also had some customers look through it and they all liked it so hopefully y'all will see some new customers.
No MallNinja style!!!

I do flips and rolls all through the house. Even the dog looks at me funny...

On a serious note we shot M193 today and got hits all the way out to 800! We had a 3-5 mph wind so holding about half way and on 5mph dot was key.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-26-2013 at 4:52 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 1:20 PM

I DON'T NEED NO MILLION DOLLAR ACOG WITH THIS FANTASTIC 6X ACSS SCOPE!!! AND CQB IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE WITH IT TOO! I LOVE THIS SCOPE!!! Just need to slightly skew your line of sight with the scope when it JUST slightly goes out of focus and your good with CQB using Bindon Aiming Concept. I'm having so much fun with this scope right now and I have yet to take it to the BLM or Southbay Gun and Rod club. Have been practicing in my backyard with it. Glass is fantastic too! This reticle is much better than i thought it would be. The ACSS Reticle views like an upgraded version of the $1300 name brand! PRIMARY ARMS ROCKS!

Last edited by MontezumaBlackOut; 03-28-2013 at 1:44 PM.. Reason: re word sentence.
Old 03-28-2013, 5:13 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I DON'T NEED NO MILLION DOLLAR ACOG WITH THIS FANTASTIC 6X ACSS SCOPE!!! AND CQB IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE WITH IT TOO! I LOVE THIS SCOPE!!! Just need to slightly skew your line of sight with the scope when it JUST slightly goes out of focus and your good with CQB using Bindon Aiming Concept. I'm having so much fun with this scope right now and I have yet to take it to the BLM or Southbay Gun and Rod club. Have been practicing in my backyard with it. Glass is fantastic too! This reticle is much better than i thought it would be. The ACSS Reticle views like an upgraded version of the $1300 name brand! PRIMARY ARMS ROCKS!
Lol glad u like it whats your set up? Barrel length, elevation ammo altitude?
Please give range report after shooting.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-28-2013 at 7:05 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 8:13 PM

Let's see, the temperature, pressure, and humidity in my family room right now for density altitude is...ha haaa. I still have lots to learn. I generally use m193, m855, and have some .223 rem 55gr (or whatever i can get my hands on). Barrel length is 16 with a 1:7 twist. Civilian ranges here in San Diego...not much distance to play with other than southbay gun & rod where the main range only goes up to 300 yards. My only real choice would be BLM with some friends to set something up. My irons, a cheapy variable 3-9, and my PAM3M red dot have kept me pretty happy. I don't plan on having a range finder with me should the SHTF and I need to bug out with the family, hence the desire for your awesome reticle. When I get the chance to do some decent distance I'll post results n pics. Thanks again for the design, Dimitri!

Last edited by MontezumaBlackOut; 03-28-2013 at 8:33 PM.. Reason: added
Old 03-28-2013, 8:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Let's see, the temperature, pressure, and humidity in my family room right now for density altitude is...ha haaa. I still have lots to learn. I generally use m193, m855, and have some .223 rem 55gr (or whatever i can get my hands on). Barrel length is 16 with a 1:7 twist. Civilian ranges here in San Diego...not much distance to play with other than southbay gun & rod where the main range only goes up to 300 yards. My only real choice would be BLM with some friends to set something up. My irons, a cheapy variable 3-9, and my PAM3M red dot have kept me pretty happy. I don't plan on having a range finder with me should the SHTF and I need to bug out with the family, hence the desire for your awesome reticle. When I get the chance to do some decent distance I'll post results n pics. Thanks again for the design, Dimitri!
Read the ballistic section on dialing in your barrel and altitude. Ever shoot in palm desert ?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 PM

Crazy weird you mention Palm Desert. I've never been, but my friend recently invited me to shoot in that area. Guess I need to make the trip.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Crazy weird you mention Palm Desert. I've never been, but my friend recently invited me to shoot in that area. Guess I need to make the trip.
Pm me and we can meet up. We have steel targets and set them up 300-800 yards away.

Dimitri
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 PM

Sounds great. I have a shipment of m855 coming to the house in the next week or so and they'll need to be used. Thanks again!
Old 03-29-2013, 5:38 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Sounds great. I have a shipment of m855 coming to the house in the next week or so and they'll need to be used. Thanks again!
No problem
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM

Took mine out to 400 yards and got hit after hit! Still waiting on 5x
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 PM

just put my order in as well. my range is blm local land with maybe 100 yards. I will look do a range report when I visit my favorite shooting place SLOSA in San Luis Obispo.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphaMale View Post
just put my order in as well. my range is blm local land with maybe 100 yards. I will look do a range report when I visit my favorite shooting place SLOSA in San Luis Obispo.
Ok let us know and be sure to hold for wind.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-31-2013 at 7:18 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 9:12 AM

What MOA is the center dot on this scope?

Is it possible for PA to post the native file for the instructions that came with the scope? I tried to make a copy of it to keep in my range bag, but the font doesn't copy well in the "dialing your scope" section. Also, seems that the youtube link that is on the directions is broken. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
What MOA is the center dot on this scope?

Is it possible for PA to post the native file for the instructions that came with the scope? I tried to make a copy of it to keep in my range bag, but the font doesn't copy well in the "dialing your scope" section. Also, seems that the youtube link that is on the directions is broken. Thanks.
Center dot is 1MOA

What barrel length,altitude,and ammo are you running?

Dimitri
Old 04-05-2013, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Center dot is 1MOA

What barrel length,altitude,and ammo are you running?

Dimitri
14.5 & 16. All of the above for ammo. 0-1,000 ft elevation.

Last edited by NorCalNative; 04-06-2013 at 3:51 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
14.5 & 16. All of the above for ammo.
Altitude?

Dimitri
Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
14.5 & 16. All of the above for ammo. 0-1,000 ft elevation.
M855 with 100 yard zero would be dead on out to 800
M193 with 50 yard 0 will be center mass out to 600 at 700 hold 14" high 800 hold about 3.5' you can also dial in using turrets. The instructions that come with it will guide you.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 04-13-2013 at 7:58 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 8:52 PM

Does it include a mount? Or i need to buy the mount separately? What is the size of the scope ring?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 PM

Are you working on doing in 7.62x51 reticles for this?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLTW View Post
Are you working on doing in 7.62x51 reticles for this?
Thanks
Yes