Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Default Price match?

Does anyone know a gunstore in the SF Bay Area that does price match? Anywhere I go they ask $730-$750 for CZ 75 SP-01 which is listed for $589 on riflegear.
Old 10-15-2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestige View Post
Does anyone know a gunstore in the SF Bay Area that does price match? Anywhere I go they ask $730-$750 for CZ 75 SP-01 which is listed for $589 on riflegear.
Nope most LGS will not price match, even if you were not in CA. You could buy it from rifle gear but after transfer fees, tax and DROS, you will be ultimately paying the same price. LGSs cannot afford to price match other retailers or they would go out of business.
Old 10-15-2019, 4:05 PM

Once I tried to cheat the system by ordering Glock 20 from grabagun.com and ship it to LGS. The Glock was significantly cheaper than in the LGS. They were almost offended by all this and wanted to charge me $200 fee on top of the DROS. After apologizing and admitting that it was my fault they lowered the fee to $120 which made the OTD price pretty much the same if I had bought it from them. If I had decided to return the gun I would have paid shipping and restocking fee. So I bought it. Lesson learned.

But still I find the huge price difference unfounded and unreasonable. Riflegear is in the LA area. Why a handgun in SF would be 25% more expensive compared to LA? It would make sense to have 25% price difference compared to some free state. I don't get it.
Old 10-15-2019, 9:03 PM

Sportsman's Warehouse (Milpitas) has a price-matching policy.
Old 10-16-2019, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Once I tried to cheat the system by ordering Glock 20 from grabagun.com and ship it to LGS. The Glock was significantly cheaper than in the LGS. They were almost offended by all this and wanted to charge me $200 fee on top of the DROS. After apologizing and admitting that it was my fault they lowered the fee to $120 which made the OTD price pretty much the same if I had bought it from them. If I had decided to return the gun I would have paid shipping and restocking fee. So I bought it. Lesson learned.

But still I find the huge price difference unfounded and unreasonable. Riflegear is in the LA area. Why a handgun in SF would be 25% more expensive compared to LA? It would make sense to have 25% price difference compared to some free state. I don't get it.
Prices on many things can vary greatly from location to location. LGS's have to maintain their shops, pay rents, etc. Rents are especially high in the Bay Area. These all add to their cost, and they have to recoup it somehow or they go out of business. In addition, new gun sales are hard as guns are extremely durable. Accessory sales are hard because unlike guns you can just order them on the Internet and have them shipped to your home.

I try to support LGS's whenever I can. I haven't bought a new gun in a while and don't expect to for the foreseeable future. So whenever I do a PPT, I'd buy a couple boxes of ammo or some accessories as a good will.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:41 AM

Look on Gallery of Guns for your SP-01 and see what local shop pricing looks like. I know last time I ordered from GoG, CPA(Burlingame), shop I was picking up from said they could have beat the price from GoG as it would have saved shipping.
Guess what I am saying is find gun and go into shop you want to use to see if they can beat or will match.

PM me for your FrontSight needs.

WTB: Sig 220 Legion
Old 10-16-2019, 7:51 PM

Sportsman's Warehouse has it listed for $649.99. This is a fair price in my opinion. I will pay them a visit this weekend. Unlike most of the LGS they actually have fully functional decent site with not only prices but also fair prices. This is how it should be!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 PM

Bring extra money if you go to Sportsman Warehouse!! Because you will find all kinds of other stuff to buy as well. Also have always had great customer service there.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:00 AM

turnours outdoors will price match riflegear
Old 10-17-2019, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice AR View Post
turnours outdoors will price match riflegear
My experiences is depending on which store and that store's manager. Very hesitant and inconsistent.

When RG has a sale, or even their regular price, TO stores around RG might depending on how much margin is left, stores not near RG . . . . my experience 95% no.
Old 10-19-2019, 6:07 PM

So, I went shopping today and ended up ordering SP-01 from Sportsman's Warehouse at Milpitas. Price on site is $649. They said they will match the price on riflegear.com and will sell it to me for $589. But I had to order it online and pay the listed price ($649 + tax). When the gun arrives and we do the paperwork, they will reimburse me. I don't have this in writing so will see how it goes. There will be no reimbursement really because I will buy ammo from them. I still cannot fathom how one LGS has no problem offering a gun for $589 and another LGS insist on $739 for the very same firearm. Maybe Sportsman's Warehouse can afford it because they are a lot bigger store/chain. One downside is that it had to be ordered online which means paying cash is not an option.

I went to Reed's in Santa Clara. They are super nice to work with! Extremely patient and helpful staff. They had all CZs I was interested in and handed all of them to me to compare them side by side which was a big mistake because now I want them all. Unfortunately, I could not close the deal with them even though I wanted - they could not match the Sportsman's Warehouse nor the riflegear prices. $589 vs $739 is just too big of a difference so I will give my business to Sportsman's Warehouse this time. But Reed's did say that they have price matching policy but only for firearms in stock from brick and mortar stores in the state. If I had not told them that Sportsman's Warehouse do not have SP-01 in stock, they might have matched their price - $649. Who knows. I don't think they will ever match riflegear's price.

I thought my experience today might be in any value for someone. I can share my future experience when I pick up the gun if someone is interested. This is like shopping for a car. I did not expect that! Learning new gun stuff every day.

Last edited by prestige; 10-19-2019 at 6:13 PM..
Old 10-19-2019, 9:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you order a firearm from a good kitchen top FFL, you're not going to get screwed. I recommend Josh Riddell in Brentwood.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Got my SP-01 from Sacramento for that price. I see them regularly anywhere from 610-650 or so. If you wait you’ll see it for 599, haven’t seen it hit 589 since I got mine which was 4 months ago.
Old 10-25-2019, 6:04 PM

Default $649 at SPORTSMAN'S

Quote:
Sportsman's Warehouse has it listed for $649.99. This is a fair price in my opinion. I will pay them a visit this weekend. Unlike most of the LGS they actually have fully functional decent site with not only prices but also fair prices. This is how it should be!

Sportsmans usually sells at a fair price, plus they have better customer service than those over priced hole in the wall bay area stores.

you can always buy from Sacramento gun stores like the GUN RANGE , it's worth the trip.
Old 10-29-2019, 3:54 PM

Quote:

ditto for Sportsman's Warhouse for $650 SP-01. i was a bit shocked it was available for such a good price; in the end its the customer service that may make me want to pay more for a firearm over another place w/ a slightly lower price.
Old 10-29-2019, 5:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

In college, I worked for the now bankrupt Sport Chalet....

As a chain, Sport Chalet could and would have a Sale and sell Scuba regulators cheaper than other dive shops could buy them from the manufacturer..

Our Sale price was cheaper than mom and pop shops could buy the same regulator.,..

Anywho-
Get to know your local Mom and Pop shops managers and Owners... build a long term relationship with them....

The gun will last 25,000- 100,000 rounds....

don't sweat $100 on the purchase price...
start that relationship...

thats my suggestion

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 11-08-2019, 10:24 AM

If you’re in the San Jose Area; the sportsman’s warehouse in Milpitas will price match and beat it by 5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 2:12 PM

Got the gun two weeks or so ago. The price match did not work me. I was there three times and three different people told me "no problem" (after they consulted with another person). When I picked up the gun and mentioned the magic words "price match" they were confused but agreed. All of a sudden they have signed off the gun from the system and could not apply the price match discount. Bad luck.

When I got home with my new gun I discovered that there is no certificate for accuracy in the box. Is this normal? I thought all CZ come with such a paper target. After the price match fiasco and the whole excitement I forgot to check for this in the store.

The gun shoots well and I love it. I put new LOK grips and Dawson sights and I will be again on the range tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabe74 View Post
If you’re in the San Jose Area; the sportsman’s warehouse in Milpitas will price match and beat it by 5%
This is exactly where I got it from.