Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-06-2013, 8:50 PM

Default Another Sac County Proof Of Residence

Sorry guys I know theres alot of these but my question is a bit different from what I found searching. I don't have any bills in my name except for like netflix and little things lol. I do have my work paystubs which I've read works just fine but for my second, Do you guys think my Guard Card/Exposed Firearms Permit would be fine?
Old 08-06-2013, 9:12 PM

They ask for a utility bill, email Amber Wong for another proof.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Do you have a renters or homeowners insurance policy in your name? It will work.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM

You'll need a lease agreement. I dont think insurance works because you can get insurance on the whitehouse if you wanted to.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Lease Agreement, Credit Card Bill, Cell Phone Bill, Hunting License
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM

I verified today that a bank statement and a lease or mortgage form will do fine.
Old 08-08-2013, 9:41 AM

I use comcast bill statement and my paystab and they accept it.
Old 08-08-2013, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpam View Post
You'll need a lease agreement. I dont think insurance works because you can get insurance on the whitehouse if you wanted to.
that's incorrect - renter/home owner insurance is acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
You have not been here long enough to see how low they can really go.
Old 08-14-2013, 6:04 PM

I just email'd Amber and she responded "You could use bank statements, pay stubs, tax forms.." So looks like I'll be using a pay stub and probably my W2 from taxes.
Old 08-14-2013, 9:04 PM
Calguns Addict

All the proof you need is a completed signed application. Anything else exceeds the statute.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-15-2013, 7:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Citadel is correct but they feel like being difficult and what can we do? The bank statement and cell phone bill is easy to do. At least it isn't utility bill only. Many people who rent rent have any bills, like my brother who wouldn't have had any bills in his name if it wasn't for me knowing his inability to buy a handgun without it when he lived with me.
Old 08-15-2013, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

I had always just used a driving history record(as long as it has your current address, it is GTG). Its a few bucks at the DMV......if you feel like going to the DMV that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 08-15-2013, 9:14 AM

Maybe an arrest warrant would do
Old 08-15-2013, 3:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Citadel is correct but they feel like being difficult and what can we do? The bank statement and cell phone bill is easy to do. At least it isn't utility bill only. Many people who rent rent have any bills, like my brother who wouldn't have had any bills in his name if it wasn't for me knowing his inability to buy a handgun without it when he lived with me.

Here, let me help you form a response to issuing agency representatives. All you have to do is fill in the blank with the appropriate multiple choice answer.

I want my license to carry so bad, I am willing to_________________.

a) provide anything any the authorities want, whether a legal obligation exists or not.
b) waive my 4th and 5th amendment rights, because it will be easier to go along to obtain my license.
c) advise the issuing agency clerk that I have already supplied my complete and true information and signed the application under penalty of law. I invoke my 5th amendment to remain silent and any additional demands for documentation constitute a search and will be forwarded to my legal counsel.
d) Ermagerdmershedpudaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
I had always just used a driving history record(as long as it has your current address, it is GTG). Its a few bucks at the DMV......if you feel like going to the DMV that is.
Curious. What does one's driving record have to do with obtaining a carry license? Yeah, that's right. Nothing. And spending money to prove something that is not your burden? May as well set fire to that money.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb0n3z View Post
Lease Agreement, Credit Card Bill, Cell Phone Bill, Hunting License
As I heard that documents that are NOT acceptable proof of residency:

Hunting or fishing license (these documents are not issued by the government).

Sig P220 Combat
Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry
Sig P938 Nightmare
Sig P238 Rosewood
SpringFeild XD 9mm Sub Compact
Browning X-Bolt 308 WIN Carbon fiber/White Gold medallion
Old 08-16-2013, 6:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Here, let me help you form a response to issuing agency representatives. All you have to do is fill in the blank with the appropriate multiple choice answer.

I want my license to carry so bad, I am willing to_________________.

a) provide anything any the authorities want, whether a legal obligation exists or not.
b) waive my 4th and 5th amendment rights, because it will be easier to go along to obtain my license.
c) advise the issuing agency clerk that I have already supplied my complete and true information and signed the application under penalty of law. I invoke my 5th amendment to remain silent and any additional demands for documentation constitute a search and will be forwarded to my legal counsel.
d) Ermagerdmershedpudaters.
Yeah, that'll work.
Old 08-16-2013, 6:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Yeah, that'll work.
Yeah, you're right. It's better to 'go along to get along'. No sense in rocking the boat, even if they are doing something unlawful in the administration of carry license policy.

Old 08-16-2013, 8:40 PM
Veteran Member

Whatever.
Old 08-16-2013, 9:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Whatever.
Ambivalence works well with tyranny. Which is why California allowed gun control to become status quo. With the law on our side, it is better to hold agencies accountable, rather than to persist in complacency.

Old 08-20-2013, 6:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Ambivalence works well with tyranny. Which is why California allowed gun control to become status quo. With the law on our side, it is better to hold agencies accountable, rather than to persist in complacency.
That would make an interesting bumper sticker or speech. Move to Sacramento County and use that when you get to the proof of residency part. Let us know how it goes for you. Or, to be even more consistent with your stated and implied beliefs, simply refuse to be licensed at all, carry freely everywhere, and if you get caught, call the arresting officers tyrants. Have a friend put it on YouTube. Go to court and call the judge a tyrant and tell him/her that you're obeying God by rebelling. That should work.