Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 8:25 AM

I believe all dirt trails are off limits until march 31 up there. I believe I read this on the el dorado nf page. If u go up during winter, I stick to the paved road and find somewhere there. Don't have to worry as much on the mud. In the summer I like going deep in the woods and finding a good private place.
Old 03-13-2014, 8:28 AM

Thats crazy. Never been harassed up there. Law enforcement rolled by me many times with an open holstered pistol and ready to shoot a black rifle.
Old 03-17-2014, 1:06 AM

Went today and visited my usual spot via dirt roads. A few mud spots got me slinging mud on all 4 wheels but nothing my truck can't handle. Surprisingly there was not much usual trash left behind like cardboard and paper targets. But lots of shotshells and broken clays. Glad I have shooting buddies that did a great job cleaning up without me asking to help out.
Old 03-19-2014, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpeal View Post
I believe all dirt trails are off limits until march 31 up there. I believe I read this on the el dorado nf page. If u go up during winter, I stick to the paved road and find somewhere there. Don't have to worry as much on the mud. In the summer I like going deep in the woods and finding a good private place.
I've heard this as well. Do you have a link to the regulation stating this?

Old 03-19-2014, 5:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgen4runner View Post
Ya I was just up there and got patted down for her safety. I was on a trail that's closed during winter for some reason and almost got my jeep ticketed and Ar s bullet button tested...harassment at its finest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
By a deputy or Ranger?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 04-29-2014, 9:39 AM

There is a cleanup group going up to Bonetti Rd this Wed, April 30..
P.L.I.N.K. = Please Leave It NRA Kleen
This program is to promote responsible use of National Forest and other Public Lands for recreational shooting. They do so by going to shooting areas and cleaning up after irresponsible shooters and leaving signs to Please Leave It NRA Klean. Major thanks to Steve Morgan for organizing this forest clean-up program.
Your National Forest - USE IT OR LOSE IT

Last edited by mike kays; 04-29-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

I've never been up there to shoot but would love to go check it out. Can I just show up Thursday to help with the clean up? I've got a truck and would be able to haul out a load.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Sorry wrong date information here is the correct info
Please Leave It NRA Klean volunteers will convoy out of the Pollock Pines Safeway Market parking lot at 9 am on WEDNESDAY April 30 to clean up some shooting areas in Your Eldorado National Forest. We are trying a Wednesday to avoid the usual weekend crowds.

PLINK will supply tools, bags, drinks and lunches.
Please reply if you can help.

Steve 1-530-620-3946