Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

View Poll Results: Do You Want One More 2013 CGSSA VC Reloading Clinic
Yes, if you hold another reloading clinic in November/December 2013, I am in 10 47.62%
No, I think the holiday season will be too busy to hold another reloading clinic 0 0%
I would participate in a low cost brass prep clinic before the end of the year 2 9.52%
Alright, just settle down, have your next event in January 2014 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2016, 9:39 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

One spot left!

Old 03-14-2016, 5:52 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

***********************ATTENTION ALL VC RELOADING CLUB CLASS STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE!!!!************************
Through not being careful and checking the calendar, I failed to realize that Sunday, March 27th is Easter Sunday. After polling the students who have signed up so far for the class, we have decided that the majority of the students and instructors would like to move the date to the following Sunday, April 3rd so that they can spend Easter Sunday with their families. My apologies for the inconvenience. If you e-mailed me and said that you cannot make Sunday, April 3rd, I am dropping you from the sign up list below.

We would like to announce the next Ventura County Reloading Club Clinic!

Date: Sunday, March 27, 2016 April 3rd, 2016
Location: The Super Secret VC Reloading Facility, Camarillo, CA 93010
Time: 9:00 AM to whenever we are finished (mid afternoon probably)

Purpose: For participants and members of the VC Reloading Club to learn how to reload in a hands-on, educational environment and to have some fun.

Donation to participate/cover reloading supplies: $70.00, this will include your membership in the VC Reloading Club. If you are already a paid in full member, donation will be $50.00. Membership will have its privileges including discounts on future clinics, reloading educational seminars, group reloading supply buys, etc. You must bring cash only to the reloading clinic, we are not setup to take donations by credit card or check. $20.00 Membership is for one year and will get you into any of the California Reloading Club Clinics Statewide for a $50.00 donation, you will be notified and will receive special discounts on the Extreme bullet buys, component buys, reloading gear discounts and more.

E-mail us if you plan to attend, here is the information needed:

1. Your Name
2. Date of the clinic you want to sign up for?
3. Your #1 and #2 ammo choices
4. What is your reloading experience?

Class will commence at 9:00 am and Instructors should arrive at 8:00 am to set up. Your donation will include lunch, reloading components for 40 rounds of .223, 20 rounds of bottle necked large caliber rifle (.308/.30-06) cartridges or 50 rounds of straight walled pistol cartridges. We are limited to the dies and components we have available, so "normal" calibers will be better to work with than 9x18 Mak or .338 Lapua, unless you want to bring your own dies, brass and projectiles.

Your donation DOES NOT include brass. Reloaders save their brass or scrounge their friend's brass so if you are going to become a reloader, it's time to begin saving your brass, you have months to do so. If you have dirty brass, bring it to the clinic and we will exchange it, free of charge, for de-primed, cleaned/tumbled brass. If, for some reason, you have no brass available, we will have de-primed, cleaned/tumbled brass for sale for a small donation as follows:

50 rounds of 9mm $3.00
50 rounds of .40 S&W $4.00
50 rounds of .45 ACP $7.00
50 rounds of .357 Mag $8.00
50 rounds of .38 Special $4.50
40 rounds of .223 $8.00
20 rounds of .308 $5.00
20 rounds of .30-06 $6.00

The address will be sent out to those who have committed to attend just prior to the event. There is only room for 14 students so sign up asap or wait until the next one. Once the first 14 students have signed up, we will also have a sub list in case people don't show up. If all 14 students do show up, as a sub, you are still welcome to observe and learn. The donation for a sub/observer will be a $10.00 to cover lunch.

ID will be required. Must be 18 years old or must be 21 to load Pistol ammo unless with a parent. Just to clarify, this rule, because of insurance requirements, means NO children may attend, NO pets may attend, NO concealed carry! NO observers, friends, acquaintances, hangers on, groupies, various misc. people who are not signed up. Every person attending must be on the sign up list and if not reloading, we will need a donation of $10.00 to cover lunch costs.

Sunday, March 27 April 3rd, 2016 Clinic

Student Roster
1. David L. .357 Mag, .40 S&W - Mailing List
2. Jim L. .45 ACP, 9mm Mailing List
3. Alonzo R. .30-06, .308 Mailing List
4. Eric S. .308, .223 Mailing List
5. Adam R. 9mm, .223 Mailing List
6. Jeff M. .357 Mag, .223 Mailing List
7. Kevin L. .45 ACP, .223 Calguns PM and thread
8. Tobin W. 9mm, .223 Calguns/E-mail
9. Raymond C. .223, .308 e-mail/Mailing List
10. Scott W. 9mm, .38 SPL Mailing List
11. Alex A. .30-06, .45 ACP Facebook PM
12. Valentin R. 9mm, .223 Facebook PM
13. Eric O. .223, .38 SPL Calguns/E-mail
14. Mondoman2k .223, 9mm Calguns/Email

Standby Student Roster
1. Rick F. .223, .45-70 Calguns/Email
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open

Instructor Roster
1. JJ805
2. Capybara
3. CSA Cannoneer
4. IntoForever
5. Bumslie
6. Burbur
7. Bubbala

Thanks,

The Ventura County Reloading Club Team

Last edited by Capybara; 03-22-2016 at 4:05 PM..
Old 03-14-2016, 7:31 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Student slot number eight just opened up, grab it while it is still available, it will be going quickly!

Old 03-15-2016, 1:51 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

The number eight student spot is filled! You can still sign up as a standby/observer. If someone flakes and doesn't show, you will be in line to take their spot. First come, first served.

Old 03-22-2016, 4:05 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Only four more standby slots left!

Old 03-25-2016, 9:02 AM

Should we bring our own drinks? Water, coffee etc?
Old 03-25-2016, 9:22 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Hi:

We will have cokes, coffee, water and will have bacon cheeseburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Anything else, yes (sorry, no vegetarianism allowed), you should bring your own. Are you signed up under a different name that your Calguns name above?

Old 03-25-2016, 9:39 AM

Me and another guy signed up for the email but never got an email. We would have signed up. Been waiting for this for a long time.
Old 03-25-2016, 9:53 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
Me and another guy signed up for the email but never got an email. We would have signed up. Been waiting for this for a long time.
Sorry about that, let's deconstruct the chain of events to see if we can figure out why you didn't receive the invite. Please send me the email addresses that you and your friend signed up to the mailing list with.

Did you sign up with the Facebook link that looks like this?

Or did you sign up at www.vcreloading.com by clicking on "here"?

If you did either of these, you would end up at a screen that looks like this

If you didn't fill out this form, you are not on the mailing list.

You and your friend should sign up on the standby list for this class, if people flake and don't show up, which sometimes happens, you get their slot. There is one person on the standby list ahead of you.

But let me know which name and email you signed up, I would like to cross reference your name with the mailing list to make sure that you aren't on the mailing list and that the Mail Chimp robot didn't mess up and not send you an invite. Or it could have easily ended up in your spam folders? LMK your names and #1 and #2 caliber choices. If you only observe, and cannot reload because everyone shows up, you will still learn a lot and it's just a $10.00 donation to cover lunch.

Last edited by Capybara; 03-25-2016 at 9:55 AM..
Old 03-25-2016, 10:28 AM

This was on January 20th, so I don't remember Exactly what steps I went through, but I know that I went to www.vcreloading.com after I got the flyer at Camarillo Shooter Supply. I went back through my emails and found one that said "Please confirm subscription." I don't know if I had confirmed it, but just in case, I did it just now. Perhaps it was my mistake. I don't know what steps my friend took but I can ask him later.

Here's a screen shot. Perhaps I never confirmed it, IDK. Shucks. my email is nicksanchez530@gmail.com and my name is Nick Sanchez. I don't know if I can get the day off work on such short notice, I'm in the military and typically have to ask for schedule changes prior to the 10th of the month before. I'll ask my supervisor.

If I can, I have my own brass if it matters, but I wouldn't mind buying more, and I would be interested in 9mm and .357 magnum.

My friends name is Daniel and he is interested in reloading (waiting for him to call me back)___________ He would like to be on the stand by list as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 11.23.20 AM.jpg (11.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by _Nick_; 03-25-2016 at 10:36 AM..
Old 03-25-2016, 11:07 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Interesting Nick, I check the Mail Chimp Database and it shows you in it. I would suspect the invite was sent and ended up in your spam folder or was somehow deleted. Anyway, it shows you in the list.

LMK if you can get the day off and I will add you to the standby list and same with your friend Daniel, LMK.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Hi:

We will have cokes, coffee, water and will have bacon cheeseburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Anything else, yes (sorry, no vegetarianism allowed), you should bring your own. Are you signed up under a different name that your Calguns name above?
Ya. Im ALex A. I reached out by FB
Old 03-25-2016, 11:27 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Oh good, just wanted to make sure!

Old 03-25-2016, 11:31 AM

Yep. Found it, it was in my spam folder from March 9th
Old 03-25-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Hi:

Will we have vegetables with said burgers?
Old 03-25-2016, 6:18 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinliuser View Post
Will we have vegetables with said burgers?
Hi:

No, VC Reloading Club tradition dictates big, greasy burgers with lots of bacon and cheese, no rabbit food. We have hot dogs as an alternative. Feel free to bring your own if you need something green ;-)

Old 03-25-2016, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Hi:

No, VC Reloading Club tradition dictates big, greasy burgers with lots of bacon and cheese, no rabbit food. We have hot dogs as an alternative. Feel free to bring your own if you need something green ;-)

I'm perfectly fine with big, greasy burgers, but I was asking if we will be able to top these big, greasy burgers with tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc.

I'm pretty sure I eat greasier food than anyone here, since I follow a nutritional ketogenic diet.
Old 03-25-2016, 6:28 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Only if you bring it.

Old 03-25-2016, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Only if you bring it.

Sounds good. But you guys will provide the cheese, burgers, bacon, and hotdogs? That is included in the donation?
Old 03-25-2016, 6:46 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinliuser View Post
Sounds good. But you guys will provide the cheese, burgers, bacon, and hotdogs? That is included in the donation?
Yes, the club provides you with donuts, coffee, water, sodas, bacon cheeseburgers, buns, hot dogs, condiments like mustard, ketchup and relish (no, no mayo, mayo on a greasy bacon cheeseburger is disgusting!) chips, sometimes JJ805s homemade from scratch killer salsa (don't quote me on that, sometimes he has time to make it, sometimes not), all of your reloading components, except for brass, you bring your own and we exchange it for cleaned, deprimed brass or we sell you some brass for a nominal fee. Sometimes one of the instructor brings some farm fresh eggs for sale from his chickens and sometimes Burbur brings reloading components for sale from his store, at a special VC Reloading Club discount rate.

I do the shopping so I pick the menu.

Old 03-25-2016, 6:50 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

BTW, if you want to buy any reloading components, PM Burbur and he can bring anything you want to buy for reloading and you can pick it up at the class. Camarillo Gun Store has TONS of reloading supplies in stock (they even have 8 pounders of Bullseye! I saw them there today). Being a Reloading Club member has it's privileges and getting killer deals on reloading components is one of them.

Old 03-25-2016, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, the club provides you with donuts, coffee, water, sodas, bacon cheeseburgers, buns, hot dogs, condiments like mustard, ketchup and relish (no, no mayo, mayo on a greasy bacon cheeseburger is disgusting!) chips, sometimes JJ805s homemade from scratch killer salsa (don't quote me on that, sometimes he has time to make it, sometimes not), all of your reloading components, except for brass, you bring your own and we exchange it for cleaned, deprimed brass or we sell you some brass for a nominal fee. Sometimes one of the instructor brings some farm fresh eggs for sale from his chickens and sometimes Burbur brings reloading components for sale from his store, at a special VC Reloading Club discount rate.

I do the shopping so I pick the menu.

Thank you. This sounds like a great event!

Sorry I asked so many questions about the food. I didn't know whether or not to bring my own lunch.

Thanks again!
Old 03-28-2016, 5:01 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

I sent out the directions and details for this Sunday's Reloading Class. If you are signed up for the class as a student or instructor, you should have received the email. If you did not receive the email with the details, PM me so I can send it to you.

Old 03-29-2016, 9:36 PM

I cannot get the day off. I'll wait for the next class.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 9:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If anyone wants real, farm fresh, organic, free range, fertile eggs, please PM me with your order and I'll do my best to get them. We ask for a $3 (or more)/dozen donation to help offset the cost of feed.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 03-30-2016, 8:32 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
I cannot get the day off. I'll wait for the next class.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Old 04-03-2016, 2:25 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work! Will be attending the next one.
Alex A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2016, 3:39 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Thanks Alex, that's the best compliment you could pay us. Glad you learned a lot and hopefully you had a good time too. See you at the next one.

Old 04-03-2016, 4:26 PM

Great class today! Learned a lot and had a whole lot of fun in the process. Now I'm even more anxious then before to order my reloading supplies and get to work! Thanks to all the instructors for the help, and everyone involved in the club who help out on these classes! 👍👍👍
-Eric O.
Old 04-03-2016, 4:29 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

A great group of students today! Everyone was so engaged, we finished at 2:00 pm, a new record with 14 students. Glad you thought it was worthwhile.

Last edited by Capybara; 04-03-2016 at 4:32 PM..
Old 04-03-2016, 4:59 PM

Thanks for this great class today. A big thanks to the instructors for making this a great learning experience. It was worth definitely the 2.5 hour round trip drive.
Old 04-03-2016, 5:01 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Glad you dug it Kevin. It was nice meeting you in person.

Old 04-03-2016, 5:02 PM

Sorry for asking you like a million questions. Thank you again for all of your help.
Old 04-03-2016, 5:03 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

All good man. Let us know how your ammo shoots!

Old 04-04-2016, 5:30 AM

Btw,

Someone had mentioned someone on Calguns had a good price on Trim It tool. Can someone give that name again?
Old 04-04-2016, 5:51 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealot9802 View Post
Btw,

Someone had mentioned someone on Calguns had a good price on Trim It tool. Can someone give that name again?
I believe that would be either Big Bronco or Burbur, one of our instructors, just PM them and ask.

Old 04-04-2016, 6:57 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

The VC Reloading Club Class from yesterday went great, we had fourteen reloading students, nine doing handgun calibers and five doing rifle calibers. The class went so smoothly and efficiently, we were finished by 2:00 PM, the earliest we have ever finished. Sorry, no pictures, most of the students in this group didn't want to be photographed and I was busy manning the BBQ for lunch and then cleanup so I didn't have time to take photos anyway.

If you were a student yesterday, please post your results shooting your ammo, we like to hear how your ammo shot. Thanks to all of our instructors and to Blitzburgh for the use of the Ventura County Reloading Club Super Secret HQ.

Old 04-04-2016, 4:47 PM

Default Great Instruction and Great Time!

Had a great time yesterday at the reloading clinic. The instructors were all great and it's a great atmosphere to learn the nuances of reloading for the first time. Thanks everybody who conducted the class and keep up the professional instruction! I also enjoyed my .223 reloading partners!
Old 04-04-2016, 4:50 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Love to hear that, we wish we could have a class like this every month but we need more instructors. Come back and do pistol for the next one

Old 07-05-2016, 5:29 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

So if we held a reloading class this month or in August, wonder if anyone would come to it? Post your interest and we'll see if it's worth putting one together during the height of the good old Summertime. Or is everyone on vacation, traveling and out of town for July and August? Thanks to your buddies, Senate Pro Tem DeLeon and Governor Jerry Brown, and their legislative masterpiece, SB 1235, by next year, you won't be buying any more ammo without a background check, registering with the CADOJ and paying a transaction fee, having all of your ammo purchases tracked and recorded by the state. You'll never again buy ammo over the Internet and have it delivered to your door (in this state!) As of right now, reloading components are still not restricted by California although it's obvious to anyone that they will be soon. 2016 is probably a good year to learn how to reload and stock up on reloading components?