Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-08-2013, 7:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Default Lessons From Santa Monica: Criminals Know Gun-Free Zones are Easy Targets

I'm of the opinion that anti-rights politicians are well aware that their gun-free zones are natural deathtraps and that they consider it more of a feature and than a bug. Nobody, not even a mainstream media journalist or a Democrat politician could possibly be dumb enough to believe that they make kids any safer, so they either must not care that they are empowering psychos or they're hoping that more people will die so that they can push though their gun grabbing agenda. Sort of like Obama's Fast & Furious operation only with kids in the crosshairs.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Gun-Free-Zones
Quote:
From the 1999 Columbine shooting to Sandy Hook Elementary to the June 7th shooting in Santa Monica, CA, an overarching narrative from public shootings in gun-free zones is the demeanor of the shooter(s)--they are confident their victims will not be able to fire back and therefore feel little reason to stop their rampages.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association
Old 06-08-2013, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Good article and the logic is proven out in nearly every situation the animal came up against an armed adversary .

Sort of off the topic,but is there a reason this particulair lab rat has not been named ?
Old 06-08-2013, 9:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
I'm of the opinion that anti-rights politicians are well aware that their gun-free zones are natural deathtraps and that they consider it more of a feature and than a bug. Nobody, not even a mainstream media journalist or a Democrat politician could possibly be dumb enough to believe that they make kids any safer, so they either must not care that they are empowering psychos or they're hoping that more people will die so that they can push though their gun grabbing agenda. Sort of like Obama's Fast & Furious operation only with kids in the crosshairs.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Gun-Free-Zones
You'd be surprised.

The rationale behind gun free zones stems from a cultural aversion to firearms within school management organizations. Schools and college campuses are run by academics, most of whom are farther left then Vladimir Lenin. They've spent their entire adult careers inside the academic sphere, and that cultural sphere believes the first step to "global peace" is total disarmament.

To add to the problem, colleges are hosts to international students and faculty members; and its not uncommon for foreigners to import their attitudes on guns along with their subject matter expertise. The result is a resilient outbreak of Logic-Resistant Hoplophobia (LRH). It doesn't help that college boards know jack squat about practical security measures.

The way these LRH infected folk think, their asinine gun bans SAVED lives. If six people died with a gun free zone in place, imagine the carnage if there were no restrictions at all?!! Unfortunately, these LRH infected patients run the colleges of America, and we do not.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Good article and the logic is proven out in nearly every situation the animal came up against an armed adversary .

Sort of off the topic,but is there a reason this particulair lab rat has not been named ?
The reason he has not been named yet is because his name is John Zawahri. I will let you put 2+2 together on that one. If his name was John Smith I bet his name would've been released as the story broke. Feels like I am watching news in Iran the way they control what you are told.

Last edited by jglabe; 06-09-2013 at 1:44 AM..
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
They've spent their entire adult careers inside the academic sphere.
The idea of "sphere" reminded me of this one time...

I did my undergrad in a "bad" area. We called the campus the "Dome" because nothing bad, other the student initiated stuff, really happened on campus. If you didnt look like a student there our campus safety people would be all over you and the Sheriffs substation was maybe 2mi away.

However, go 2 blocks off campus and there were shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. We had a professors stalker come on campus and shoot her and another professor that was with her. Iirc the shooter then killed himself. I sat in on my Girlfriends class and just remember some little upper middle class female student saying (and this is a true quote that Ive never forgotten): "I didn't know evil like that existed in this world."

This was after Columbine and before 9-11... My GF and I wanted to scream at her to turn on a TV and watch the news for 30 min.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaibuilt View Post
The idea of "sphere" reminded me of this one time...

I did my undergrad in a "bad" area. We called the campus the "Dome" because nothing bad, other the student initiated stuff, really happened on campus. If you didnt look like a student there our campus safety people would be all over you and the Sheriffs substation was maybe 2mi away.

However, go 2 blocks off campus and there were shootings, drugs, gangs, etc. We had a professors stalker come on campus and shoot her and another professor that was with her. Iirc the shooter then killed himself. I sat in on my Girlfriends class and just remember some little upper middle class female student saying (and this is a true quote that Ive never forgotten): "I didn't know evil like that existed in this world."

This was after Columbine and before 9-11... My GF and I wanted to scream at her to turn on a TV and watch the news for 30 min.
sounds like USC campus..........
Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

People, try to relax, do a quick yahoo news or even youtube and read the comments. Everyone that isn't in California are laughing at how our strict gun laws are working to stop crime.

The public perception has already turned away from more gun laws = safer society. And I'll be the first to thank Mayor Bloomberg and his PAC, because with them as the face of gun control, more people are waking up.
Old 06-09-2013, 4:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglabe View Post
The reason he has not been named yet is because his name is John Zawahri. I will let you put 2+2 together on that one. If his name was John Smith I bet his name would've been released as the story broke. Feels like I am watching news in Iran the way they control what you are told.

I should have known
My 1st thought was the media that altered the Zimmerman 911 tape just made the whole thing up. Regretfully it appears to have happened .
My heart goes to those who were savagely killed and injured.

It is surprising that so few USA mass shootings have occurred since the democrats " BIG DAY at Sandy Hook .
Many were expecting some "labrat " to go off every day ,until more restrictions were passed.

Sholling thank you for the analysis above it was right on and I learned from it !
Old 06-09-2013, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
sounds like USC campus..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5&G23 View Post
You beat me too it...
True... Actually my undergrad was a small, private Division III University in the PNW (Pacific Northwest).
Old 06-09-2013, 5:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Schools and college campuses are run by academics, most of whom are farther left then Vladimir Lenin.
^ Sig worthy!

P.S. Not to go totally academic on your butt, BUT farther refers to physical distances, further to figurative distances, therefore:

Quote:
Schools and college campuses are run by academics, most of whom are further left then Vladimir Lenin.

Also, further is also employed as a modifier, as in “Further, I see no reason to delay the proceedings”; furthermore is a variant. Farther, however, does not fit this role.

Last edited by SickofSoCal; 06-09-2013 at 5:38 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 5:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaibuilt View Post
I sat in on my Girlfriends class and just remember some little upper middle class female student saying (and this is a true quote that Ive never forgotten): "I didn't know evil like that existed in this world."
She is a primitive Eloi.
Old 06-09-2013, 6:14 AM

Kalifornia is lost to the mental cases in Sacratomato. (With apologies to those who are mental cases). To a demorat, prostrating themselves towards Muslims is a dogma - sources say the people involved have middle eastern last names. But you can't say that publicly in Kaliforniastan. What a croc.

It's all about "feel good" politics. Not common sense. Thank you liberals for making our schools "safer"...:not:

Next up for the liberals - erect Anthony Weiner mayor of NY.
Old 06-09-2013, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Dude I read this last night and thought you were just pulling a name out of the proverbial hat....good job and I agree 100% with you on this one...just seen the perps name in the news a few minutes ago...
Old 06-09-2013, 7:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Lessons from Shanghai: don't let people buy gasoline?

Quote:
Chinese police have identified a suspect who might be responsible for the fire that gutted a commuter bus, killing 47 and injuring dozens more during rush hour in the southeastern port city of Xiamen.

Investigators said early on Saturday that the fire appeared to be intentionally set, and not an accident, the state news agency Xinhua reported.

Xinhua also said that in addition to the 47 dead, 34 people remained hospitalised.
source

I don't even know what kind of lesson you can draw, other than, crazy people will do crazy things, and maybe we should be selective about which people we allow in to our free and open society. In particular, for some recent attacks, like the Chechen bombers, or the Fort Hood shooter, those attacks were a failure of immigration policy, not of any type of weapon legislation. Other than that, there isn't much pattern or much that can be done about it, as the Chinese bus burning attacks show unfortunately.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure his real name was Samir, not John. John sounds a lot better as the name of a shooter than Samir, especially now that immigration is a touchy subject. But whether he's John or Samir, he shares a last name and probably an ethnic origin with the current leader of Al Qeda. Diversity is a strength!

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 06-09-2013 at 7:05 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post

here's coverage from the #1 liberal state:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...sEnabled=false
Old 06-09-2013, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
I'm pretty sure his real name was Samir, not John. John sounds a lot better as the name of a shooter than Samir, especially now that immigration is a touchy subject. But whether he's John or Samir, he shares a last name and probably an ethnic origin with the current leader of Al Qeda. Diversity is a strength!
His father's name was Samir. His name was John.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8dragon88 View Post
here's coverage from the #1 liberal state:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...sEnabled=false
Looking at those pictures I know I must be imagining things because it looks like he had at least 30 magazines (4th picture from the bottom) that held more than 10 bullets (unless they're blocked, which I highly doubt because LEO said he had over 1,300 rounds).

Are those grandfathered? Otherwise they were illegally obtained and he obviously cannot have them because criminals never get their hands on illegal things. California's overlords told me so.

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal.
Janet Reno, former US Attorney General, 1993
Old 06-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Calguns Addict

did his second upper have an extended muzzle device on it or is that a true suppressor?

As for the reporting: i wish they would never say his name, let it blotted from or history and never be spoken of. I'm sick of the media making these no name gutless punks famous. Just call them the "no dick shooter" from this state or " the brain dead shooter" from this state, and stop talking about the body count like it's a scoreboard. The media is creating a situation where young ignored problematic kids have something to shoot for (pun intended).
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

Last edited by morfeeis; 06-09-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintelligentsia View Post
Looking at those pictures I know I must be imagining things because it looks like he had at least 30 magazines (4th picture from the bottom) that held more than 10 bullets (unless they're blocked, which I highly doubt because LEO said he had over 1,300 rounds).

Are those grandfathered? Otherwise they were illegally obtained and he obviously cannot have them because criminals never get their hands on illegal things. California's overlords told me so.
they were given to him as a child...

and how do we know if they were his? the pictures of him walking into the library did not show a backpack...

Last edited by gr8dragon88; 06-09-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
did his second upper have an extended muzzle device on it or is that a true suppressor?

As for the reporting: i wish they would never say his name, let it blotted from or history and never be spoken of. I'm sick of the media making these no name gutless punks famous. Just call them the "no dick shooter" from this state or " the brain dead shooter" from this state, and stop talking about the body count like it's a scoreboard. The media is creating a situation where young ignored problematic kids have something to shoot for (pun intended).
Look at it from their perspective.The job of the modern day media is to influence society as drastically as possible.Dealing with the consequences is the viewers' problem.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
looks like a suppressor but who knows for sure...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Agreed. The only logical reason you would want these disarmed victim zones is to create more victims, you are literally advertising to criminals and sick minds to come and kill. ALL to advance their gun grabber agenda by manipulating the public with tragedy.

The LAST thing they want is one of these lunatics stopped in their tracks by an armed citizen.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 06-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

when the goal of disarmament is the goal they will use what ever means necessary to achieve that goal and that includes the death of children and young adults. these people have no shame in their duplicity in the gun free zones.

think about it have enough shootings in an area that criminals and those bent on murder will commit their acts with impunity until the police arrive and that can be from 15 to 30 minutes maybe less who really knows but in those opening seconds of gunfire in a school they have no one to stop them and they know the media will plaster their name to rockstar status in seconds.

the goal is to have as many children killed as possible so that the public outcry will be so loud that disarmament will seem logical.

Newtown is the prime example of the utter failure of gun free zones. they are working the way the law is designed with great effect.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 06-09-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
when the goal of disarmament is the goal they will use what ever means necessary to achieve that goal and that includes the death of children and young adults. these people have no shame in their duplicity in the gun free zones.

think about it have enough shootings in an area that criminals and those bent on murder will commit their acts with impunity until the police arrive and that can be from 15 to 30 minutes maybe less who really knows but in those opening seconds of gunfire in a school they have no one to stop them and they know the media will plaster their name to rockstar status in seconds.

the goal is to have as many children killed as possible so that the public outcry will be so loud that disarmament will seem logical.

Newtown is the prime example of the utter failure of gun free zones. they are working the way the law is designed with great effect.
it's been done in the past. during vietnam war, communists used similar tactic to "win the hearts and minds" of civilians...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Why can't more people realize this?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR79 View Post
Why can't more people realize this?
because they control the government, press, education and other mind bending tools....
Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
it's been done in the past. during vietnam war, communists used similar tactic to "win the hearts and minds" of civilians...
and being done today with great effectiveness.

I'm not one for the here but the amount of shootings as of late especially after 0 was re-elected there are too many for me to even think this not being planned.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-09-2013, 4:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
and being done today with great effectiveness.

I'm not one for the here but the amount of shootings as of late especially after 0 was re-elected there are too many for me to even think this not being planned.

I was thinking of starting a thread about mass shootings when a republican or a democrat is in the White House !

It seemed to me that more shootings happen during democrat terms . I recall Columbine and lots during Clinton years .

However I could not find this exact information with my limited reasearch skills . Maybe some one will explore this topic in depth and if there is a statistical difference lets shine a light on it !

Last edited by ja308; 06-09-2013 at 4:24 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 5:16 PM

At least the college had a "safe room" in their gun free zone.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/loc...onica-shooting
Old 06-09-2013, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Looking at the pic that looks like an extended muzzle from a Car15 if im not mistaken. Its got the mini "nam" style hand guards and fixed carry handle but I could be wrong
Old 06-09-2013, 7:52 PM

Some poor CNN coverage of the event here (additional click required to the video showing reporter side by side with a picture of the suspect). CNN's Stephanie Elam reports that the police were very concerned about the highly regulated rifle the suspect had, "it's not like he could just go out and get it". Well, in fact, that is exactly what he could have done. Assuming, of course, no loss of rights from prohibiting offenses. It is a regular old AR-15, semi-auto, THE MOST POPULAR RIFLE IN THE US.

Now of course, not what good old Stepanie meant, but we do know that the rifle is way too highly regulated here in CA...

Beating the dead horse but I pray for media who have a single clue about accuracy in regards to these types of issues.

The best explanation I can come up with for her mistatement is that fact that that rifle appears to have been used in combination with 30 rounds magazines which does render it an illegal rifle.
Old 06-09-2013, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Some poor CNN coverage of the event here (additional click required to the video showing reporter side by side with a picture of the suspect). CNN's Stephanie Elam reports that the police were very concerned about the highly regulated rifle the suspect had, "it's not like he could just go out and get it". Well, in fact, that is exactly what he could have done. Assuming, of course, no loss of rights from prohibiting offenses. It is a regular old AR-15, semi-auto, THE MOST POPULAR RIFLE IN THE US.

Now of course, not what good old Stepanie meant, but we do know that the rifle is way too highly regulated here in CA...

Beating the dead horse but I pray for media who have a single clue about accuracy in regards to these types of issues.

The best explanation I can come up with for her mistatement is that fact that that rifle appears to have been used in combination with 30 rounds magazines which does render it an illegal rifle.

The media is institutionally incapable of telling it straight regarding firearms.They have a job to do,and it has nothing to do with telling the truth.

Old 06-09-2013, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Anyone notice the cap and ball pistol? looks like a remington.
Old 06-10-2013, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
Anyone notice the cap and ball pistol? looks like a remington.
Yeah, interesting choice of sidearm.... I thought it was a Colt SAA clone.
Old 06-10-2013, 9:12 AM

Quote:
they were given to him as a child...

and how do we know if they were his? the pictures of him walking into the library did not show a backpack...
Yeah they show a good-sized duffel bag as what he was carrying his mags and ammo around in. But in the photos of him going into the library, I didn't see any way a duffel bag could be hanging off his shoulder and somehow not be seen in those photos.
Old 06-10-2013, 9:19 AM

the pistol from the pics saw looks to be a 1858 new army replica with the drop in 45 long cylinder.
Old 06-10-2013, 9:29 AM

Why did the bag have pmc ammo boxes in it? Kind of odd to have ammo in boxes for a shooting rampage...
Old 06-10-2013, 9:30 AM

So this picture shows the upper but does anyone know if this rifle was CA compliant?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...feeds-videoxml
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge
Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If you have a CCW you can carry on a college campus. The issue isn't as much the gun-free zone, it's our ability to be able obtain a CCW.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMik View Post
So this picture shows the upper but does anyone know if this rifle was CA compliant?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...feeds-videoxml
There's no BCG or CH in that upper, if he took it in case of a failure it would have taken more time to clear the jam then to replace all those parts.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.