Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2016, 9:55 AM

Default The Glass Factory in Santa Barbara is open again

January 11th

"Today, January 11, 2016, the Forest Service officially lifted the Fire Level III restrictions, the Glass Factory is open.

Please, for any of our 1,335 FB followers, CLEAN UP YOUR TARGETS, any and all things you drag out to the range to shoot! If you see other shooters leaving trash, talk to them about it, don't be confrontational but let them know that leaving trash in the National Forest is NOT OK and is against the law. They can be sited with tickets and fines up to $7,500.00 plus jail time.

Be safe, practice the four rules.
1. Treat Every Gun As If It Is Loaded At All Times.
2. Keep the Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction. Never Muzzle Sweep Anyone.
3. Be Aware of Your Target and What Lies Beyond It
4. Keep Your Finger Off Of The Trigger Until You Are Ready To Fire.
If anyone is shot, injured or killed up there, the range will be shut down permanently and we will have lost one more of the few remaining California public shooting areas."

SOURCE:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...63147933741468
Old 01-23-2016, 10:32 PM

Is the road to the Glass Factory paved? My car is pretty low... will I run into any problems getting here?
Old 01-28-2016, 8:51 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

It is paved but keep an eye out on the road conditions when the big El Ninos finally hit. So far, so good but I have a feeling then we get hit with the big stuff, very good chance that mud and or boulders will block the road until the road crews get them removed. Then again, we are supposed to be in El Ninos right now and it's like freaking Summer here this week.

Maybe you can help us with our CGSSA Yearly Glass Factory Community Cleanup? Date is TBD. The only way we have kept the area open is that we assemble between 50-100 volunteers every year, close the range for half the day and remove between 20 and 40 tons of garbage that your fellow shooters have left up there. Been doing it for years, the bad people will never stop polluting the place so the good people have to clean up their mess or the Glass Factory will be closed permanently by the Forest Service and the local politicians, just like Cherry Creek above Ojai was years ago.

Old 04-25-2016, 7:42 PM

Hi guys.. I went target shooting at the Glass factory for the first time last week. I really like the area only if every one picks up all their targets and trash that they shoot at. I saw so many people leave trash there and shoot at it, so disappointing. Dose any one know when is the clean up date for this place going to be? I searched online how this place use to look when it was clean and it looked great. This range needs some serious cleaning soon.