Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2018, 4:07 PM

Default Question about Turner's ordering direct from their distributor

A few days ago I went to Turner's looking for a 590A1 which they didn't have in stock, and they said it was back ordered. However the manager checked their distributor's inventory and the gun was available, so he special ordered it for me (which cost me extra money). So my question is - how long does it usually take for their distributor to ship a gun direct to the store? The manager said it would be "quick" but I haven't heard anything since.
Old 07-19-2018, 2:08 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
A few days ago I went to Turner's looking for a 590A1 which they didn't have in stock, and they said it was back ordered. However the manager checked their distributor's inventory and the gun was available, so he special ordered it for me (which cost me extra money). So my question is - how long does it usually take for their distributor to ship a gun direct to the store? The manager said it would be "quick" but I haven't heard anything since.
Depending on where it's shipping from. Long guns ship ground and most of our distributors have multiple warehouse locations that can be anywhere in the country. Usually its 5-7 days depending on what time the order was placed.
-Chris

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill | Temecula
| Torrance | Victorville | West Covina | Salinas | Sacramento | Fresno | Modesto | Roseville | Stockton | Santa Clarita | Fresno |Bakersfield| West Bakersfield | Palm Desert | Tucson|

33 Throughout California
Store Location Info
Our Weekly Ad
Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-19-2018, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneTurnersGuy View Post
Depending on where it's shipping from. Long guns ship ground and most of our distributors have multiple warehouse locations that can be anywhere in the country. Usually its 5-7 days depending on what time the order was placed.
-Chris
Thanks. I actually got a call earlier today and just got home from doing the paperwork, so all's good.
Old 07-19-2018, 3:23 PM

Why would they charge you extra? I've ordered firearms from turners that had to be ordered from the distributor and I was never charged extra.
Old 07-19-2018, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
Why would they charge you extra? I've ordered firearms from turners that had to be ordered from the distributor and I was never charged extra.
I don't know. They said I could either pay the regular price and wait an indeterminate amount of time for the gun to come back in stock, or pay extra to get it directly from the distributor. Maybe it was some kind of higher tier distributor, since even the Turner's website says the 590A1 is unavailable. I would've just ordered it somewhere else and had it shipped to a FFL but I had a bunch of store credit at Turner's.

Last edited by randir14; 07-19-2018 at 3:48 PM..