Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:53 PM

Your average street cop usually doesn't know what he/she is looking at.
Old 01-14-2016, 6:15 PM

Following the flow chart is at best if the LEO is too stubborn to admit their ignorance. They are not trained to preserve your rights and freedom. They pulled you over or search your property to prove that you are a menace to society or a criminal with utterly most discrimination. Yup may have a perfectly legal OLL but if you're caught slipping with something else that you know better to fiddle with... you're focked! !
This happens way too many times and the topics being beat to death with reoccurrances. It seems not everyday you run into a hot police officer that throws ***** at you but if you're as handsome as me; it has its perks. Oh my lord officer Sharon is one hot milf..
Always keep your OLL locked and zip locked with a CGN quick cheat card. I also recommend on the flip side of the holder you include a business card of our CGN very own Jason Davis esq. When pulled over and asked if there is something you're storing in your car that the LE should know about. Respond calmly and respectfully addressing that you have nothing illegal stored.
Please don't roll your windows all the way down even if the officer approaches your vehicle from the passenger side on a noisy freeway. Leave a little crack enough to slip your license and registration to the officer. Lastly, please locked your car for the love of mother Mary, the mother of our Lord Jesus.
If you manage to remember two of the four mentioned advice were my 4 years old can remember. You will be a ok.
Old 01-14-2016, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El.Terrible_SoCal View Post
Your average street cop usually doesn't know what he/she is looking at.
Oh yes they do. They are looking at something that could send them straight to the morgue. The thoughts of not able to go home to their families at the end of their shift makes them extremely hostile.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:52 AM

I asked my buddies (major crimes detectives) as well as two ada's from two different counties on their views. All of them to a point said that the vast majority of chips would not know the law, they would likely make a judgment call based on demeanor if they saw the rifles. Someone prepared and calm, and respectful of what the job of a cop is, would be unlikely to be challenged. Sure there are exceptions but this is a couple of decades worth of law enforcement and criminal prosecution.

I also asked each one how many assault weapons or lookalike they had taken into evidence. The answer is one. One cop once had taken one into evidence and it was during his rookie year, it was since returned to the owner. He told me that he wasn't sure and trained that is better to be safe than sorry. Since then he told me that he had to get a pretty big ****bag vibe from someone before he would make that call again, his point being that his job is to preserve the peace and not to hassle regular citizens. It's of course a judgment call but with fifteen years on the job he says you pretty quickly see who is an *** hat and who is a regular Joe.

All of them had taken many assault weapons in conjunction with other crimes, especially gang and drug crimes -but as my buddies call out: it's more about the other crimes and weapons charges being added than the weapon as a standalone charge.

I know it's not worth a lot here but nonetheless I figured I should share.

If I'm stopped I'd roll down the window and give him licence and registration. I would preempt any question by asking what I'm being stopped for.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 AM

I've read the first page of this thread. .. what does OLL stand for?
Old 02-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

hmmmm...where was that acronym page .. cuz i forgot too
Old 02-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G38xOC View Post
hmmmm...where was that acronym page .. cuz i forgot too
Found it https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...ad.php?t=78606
Old 02-07-2016, 11:18 AM

OLL = Off List Lower
Old 02-17-2016, 6:26 PM

OK One more time.... I carry a copy of my SB23 registration paperwork.. ALWAYS for my SGW/OLY m4A1 clone setup.

I carry a copy of my receipts that show it was purchased wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before 2000 for my magazines which are OKAY, PARSONS, and a smattering of Colt 30 rounders.

Does anyone know if a LEO will know what the hell it is or should I also have a copy of the SB23 laws and setups also?

Last edited by prdubi; 02-17-2016 at 6:29 PM..
Closed Thread