Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 03-09-2014, 2:26 PM

Default Neat kit for your car...

Just got this in the other day. Very cool. Its basically a sun visor organizer for your car but it has MOLLE webbing on it so you can attach gear. Seems very well made (made in the USA actually) by Zulu Nylon Gear. Two rows of the webbing is elastic, making it easier to fit items through.

Just thought it was a really neat idea. Of course, I do have a GHB in my car but it is really nice to have some equipment instantly accessable without having to search through the bag. This also freed up some space in my glove box which was starting to look like a junk drawer.

Anyway, here's some pics. This is what it looks like in its normal position. On the front/bottom of the visor panel I keep a Rite In The Rain notepad and a Fisher Space Pen. Also, I now keep my vehicle registration and insurance papers on this side too instead of in my glovebox.

On the other side (with the visor flipped down) I keep a chemical light, a Kershaw Blackout, Bic lighter, Advil, and a Victorinox Classic. In the magazine pouches I keep a multitool (Victorinox Swisstool) and a Surefire 6PX flashlight. Lastly, you can see a spare magazine to my CZ75.

I'm very happy with this product so far and it seems like it holds the gear very secure (my main concern) while still being very convenient to access. Sootch00 has a video review on it as well if you're curious to see more. Feel free to embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJ1K3YIdc0
Old 03-09-2014, 2:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

that looks really practical. everything right there.
but I would hate to get pulled over by the police in my city.
Old 03-09-2014, 8:43 PM
Banned

With all that weight, I would venture hitting a bump while off-roading (or even just a pothole on road) could result in the deployment of the visor at a possibly inopportune time.
Old 03-10-2014, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
With all that weight, I would venture hitting a bump while off-roading (or even just a pothole on road) could result in the deployment of the visor at a possibly inopportune time.
I thought about the same thing. So far it has held in place and has not moved down at all. Every car/truck is different, and Wrangler drivers know that their visors are actually pretty stiff and rigid. I will be going out to my hunting spot soon for the upcoming turkey season which requires some four-wheeling so I will let you guys know how it holds up after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa2 View Post
I like the idea. My only concern would be if I needed all that stuff, but had to get out of the vehicle and wanted it with me. I keep that kind of stuff in my pack behind my driver's side seat.
Yes, like I mentioned in the original post, I also keep a pack in my vehicle with all the necessary gear in it. I bought this visor panel as just a way to keep a few items handy while driving.
Old 03-09-2014, 8:46 PM

nice jeep
Old 03-09-2014, 11:11 PM

I like the idea. My only concern would be if I needed all that stuff, but had to get out of the vehicle and wanted it with me. I keep that kind of stuff in my pack behind my driver's side seat.
Old 03-10-2014, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Just what I was thinking, visors are not designed to hold weight.
Hit something and your "essentials" are all over the place..
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 03-10-2014, 4:47 AM
Calguns Addict

I've never had a sun visor that would A-hold all that weight and B-have any space behind it to stuff all those things. Mine folds flat into a recess in the roof liner.

For me, I don't want all those missiles flying at head level in case of a serious accident.
Old 03-10-2014, 4:50 AM

Nice kit, just bought this one for my FJ. They make one for Jeep as well.

http://www.springtailsolutions.com/p...category/jeep/

Quote:
45ACP putting human garbage to rest since 1911

Last edited by Biff...; 03-10-2014 at 4:55 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 8:57 AM

I went with a tailgate molle panel (from Smitybilt)...the individual bags can't hold more than 10lbs without falling apart after 5 years but the panel has held up very well.

Old 03-10-2014, 9:16 AM

that is a lot of weight by your face to smack you with in case of an accident.

I just keep everything in the center console or trunk.
Old 03-10-2014, 9:30 AM

Stopped using those back in the 80's. The straps would get weak after a while or the visor would slowly start to fall down after time. Good idea, but failed after a while.