Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-26-2019, 8:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
I'm not going to further that conversation with you because you will never admit that the NRA sucks donkey balls. If someone says they support an abortion law, do you expect them to go around in each and every state and support every single one that pops up? Of course not, they made a blanket statement that they support red flag laws, there is no need to support each individual law that is proposed. I included links in previous posts to back up my claim, it's not my fault that you can't read or can't understand what you're reading.
Except the links that you provided didn't back up your claims, in fact they disproved them.
They did not in the link make a blanket statement that they support red-flag laws, in fact they specifically stated that any such laws required due process which is the same position that you claimed to have. The simple fact is that you can't point to one specific red-flag law that the NRA supports because so far, all the proposed laws do not have the due process protections that the NRA wants.
I have given you several opportunities to point out one single red-flag law that the NRA supports and prove me wrong. Your response has been to lie, deceive and pretend that you are doing the opposite.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-26-2019 at 8:09 PM..
Old 05-26-2019, 8:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The current lawsuits they've filed say otherwise.
Any idiot can file a lawsuit, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are accomplishing anything, in fact if they don't know what they are doing, they can do more harm than good.
How many cases have they won?

Old 05-26-2019, 8:25 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
The current lawsuits they've filed say otherwise.
Look below the surface. Read their financials. Don't be a chump.
Old 05-27-2019, 8:28 AM

Go NRA !!!

Send money till it hurts. We are up against a tsunami of anti-2A monies attempting to deny citizens the right to bear arms.

Banging on the NRA belittles the legal representation that they have provided to ensure your rights.

I have heard an organized drumbeat denigrating the NRA for 50 years. The drumbeat always gets louder during election cycles.

Where would Ca. Gun owners be without the NRA ? Safety... they are the gold standard in training, safety and firearm education.

Wise up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2019, 9:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Any idiot can file a lawsuit, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are accomplishing anything, in fact if they don't know what they are doing, they can do more harm than good.
How many cases have they won?
Sir so correct, years back I met genius,super gun culture, patriot,author Steven Halbrook at a friends of the NRA banquet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Halbrook
Being in awe of this great man led me to approach him with the recent development where a state ( Montana) would challenge NFA laws within its borders.

He politely asked me where this case would be heard? I said federal court and he said this case will set a bad precedent when the fed court rules against it.

Like you said any idiot can file a suit and sometimes "they can do more harm than good"

Good point!
Old 05-27-2019, 2:38 PM

Bye bye Python.
Old 05-27-2019, 3:12 PM

Default Excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
That is so weak and petty. Do you want income equity in every company? Sounds like an excuse more than a position.

You going to join Python in "sending" money to GOA for absolutely no action?

You either want to be in the fight or mouthing off from the sidelines. If you can't stand the NRA so much. Are you sending money to CRPA. Or do they do something that causes you not to participate there too?
Wayne Le Pierre is on a spending spree. The crap they give as free gifts are made in China. Mis management of an organization, and spending will be it's demise.
Old 05-27-2019, 5:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypaint77 View Post
Wayne Le Pierre is on a spending spree. The crap they give as free gifts are made in China. Mis management of an organization, and spending will be it's demise.
Can you post what his expenditures have been, what they were for and over what period of time? Without such details, accusations are just that, accusations. Considering the fact that Bloomberg is spending millions recruiting useful idiots in an effort to discredit and destroy the NRA, anyone that makes comments like this without being able to provide the details to back them up is most likely being used as one of Bloomberg's useful idiots.

And I never could understand people complaining about the NRA wasting money on incentives gifts, which give them free advertising from those who use them, pointing out that they purchase those incentive gifts where they will cost the NRA the least amount of money.

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-27-2019 at 5:22 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 6:46 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypaint77 View Post
I have said in the past and still feel a public audit of the Org. is the thing to do.

If change is required after the audit. Do the change to keep the Org alive and strong.

That aside, The NRA is still the oldest civil rights org and the best when it comes to 2A.
Old 05-27-2019, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Bye bye Python.
Yep.

If your only response is just a Vulgar comment, that's a Good
Indication you have no valid response and have tactically
admitted you've lost the Debate.

Noble
Old 05-27-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
A compelling case can be made that the NRA, and it’s unflinching devotion to the firearms industry over the opinions of its own membership(the majority of which consistently poll in favor of universal background checks) or its stated principles(where was the NRA when Philando Castilla was murdered by a cop in front of his family, ohh right he was black) is at least half the problem the firearms community has in 21st century America. Their blatant hypocrisy has destroyed any moral high ground they could claim by supposedly being a grass roots organization

Their rampant corruption and self dealing is a wholly self inflicted wound.

These ‘attacks’ as you call them seem to be ‘crimes’ they’ve long gotten away with because of the political clout they’ve squandered through their own actions in becoming a political partisan instead of the ‘advocacy organization’ their own charter proclaims them to be.

I’m old enough to remember what the NRA used to be. Accordingly, I am hard pressed to have any sympathy for what is happening to the NRA in light of their wholesale abandonment of their own stayed principles and wonton corruption.
Thank you for bringing clarity to the issue and reminding me to make another donation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Default So now the NRA is the KKK?

Just saw this enlightened comment over on Reddit (link)

Quote:
Literally, the second amendment is supposed to help us defend ourselves against a tyrannical government - aka the police. The NRA is nothing more than a slightly more socially acceptable skin for the KKK.
Not sure how someone can be so right and so wrong at the same time.
Old 05-28-2019, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoJack View Post
Thank you for bringing clarity to the issue and reminding me to make another donation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Lol.

Yeah, sfarchitect’s leftist proclamations usually produces the
opposite of his intended results.

He perpetually gets hit with the Law of Unintended Consequences, but
never learns anything from the experience.

Noble
Old 05-28-2019, 3:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeCoffee View Post
Just saw this enlightened comment over on Reddit (link)

Not sure how someone can be so right and so wrong at the same time.
Welcome to Calguns, GetMeCoffee

Its called Psychological Projection:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Quote:
Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human
ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both
positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while
attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually
rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.
It incorporates blame shifting.

Don't forget, it was the Democrat Party that created the KKK.

The NRA was founded by Union Officers who fought against slavery,
and it was the Republican Party that Freed the slaves.

The NRA fights for the 2nd Amendment Rights for Everyone, including
minorities. The Democrats want to take that Right Away, especially from
minorities (like for example, Chicago).

The Real Racists are the Democrat Party.

Noble
Old 05-28-2019, 4:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

"The NRA's view of the police tends to be that they are the good guys who uphold those laws.
Literally, the second amendment is supposed to help us defend ourselves against a tyrannical government - aka the police. The NRA is nothing more than a slightly more socially acceptable skin for the KKK."

I believe the NRA thinks police will fight along side of those who would attempt tyranny in the USA .

We see lots of examples when Sherrifs and police condemn state legislators and publicly refuse to enforce tyrannical laws.

Noble thanx for the link on Pyscological Projection it does fit well .
Old 05-29-2019, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Cause View Post
Welcome to Calguns, GetMeCoffee
Thank you!

Quote:
Don't forget, it was the Democrat Party that created the KKK.

The NRA was founded by Union Officers who fought against slavery,
and it was the Republican Party that Freed the slaves.

The NRA fights for the 2nd Amendment Rights for Everyone, including
minorities. The Democrats want to take that Right Away, especially from
minorities (like for example, Chicago).

The Real Racists are the Democrat Party.

I sometimes mention to people that the Republican party was formed on the premise that slavery was wrong; that the very first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln, made slavery illegal; and that the (majority) Republican half of the country fought a bitter civil war against the (majority) Democrat half to ensure that slavery stayed illegal.

Of course, what I get back is something like "Oh yeah, well that was like 200 years ago and the Democrats no longer believe in slavery but the Republicans want to keep minorities down"

I love the cartoon - I'm sure I'll be using that somewhere!
Old 05-29-2019, 2:20 PM

Okay....

So I read the entire thread.... and whats really funny...… Some people point out 'the NRA claims to be solvent and safe'.... but wants more money.

Of course they ALWAYS want more money- doesn't matter what day of the week.... you gotta tell the person on the phone... please stop calling me asking for money...

Yeah... we (NRA members) know that...

But that's not the funny part.

The funny part, is people here 'think' Pena is on hold waiting for NY. Everyone knows Pena isn't going anywhere, anytime.... (if it actually is on hold because NY... well... that decision isn't likely to come out until next spring.....)

Talk about people wanting money.... here's what showed up in my email the other day EVEN WITH THE CASE ON HOLD....

"We've just been told that there's less than four days left until an important deadline in the case against the Roster.
As you know, our friends at CGF have been litigating this case, and have been rushing to raise money to prepare for a possible green light from SCOTUS.
DESTROY THE ROSTER - WIN A GLOCK 19!
However, they only have mere days to meet a critical fundraising goal. And they need our help!
That's why we're asking every able-bodied patriot in the Grassroots Army to chip in a donation to CGF's Roster challenge - ASAP."

If its on hold.... why do you need money to sit on your hands and wait? And people talking smack about NRA trying to raise money at any opportunity.....

That's funny stuff.....

And... what "IMPORTANT (evasive/elusive) DEADLINE? It's on hold... aint no deadlines...….. CGF and FPC email.....

Last edited by yacko; 05-29-2019 at 2:30 PM..
Old 05-30-2019, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacko View Post
Okay....

So I read the entire thread.... and whats really funny...… Some people point out 'the NRA claims to be solvent and safe'.... but wants more money.

Of course they ALWAYS want more money- doesn't matter what day of the week.... you gotta tell the person on the phone... please stop calling me asking for money...

Yeah... we (NRA members) know that...

But that's not the funny part.

The funny part, is people here 'think' Pena is on hold waiting for NY. Everyone knows Pena isn't going anywhere, anytime.... (if it actually is on hold because NY... well... that decision isn't likely to come out until next spring.....)

Talk about people wanting money.... here's what showed up in my email the other day EVEN WITH THE CASE ON HOLD....

"We've just been told that there's less than four days left until an important deadline in the case against the Roster.
As you know, our friends at CGF have been litigating this case, and have been rushing to raise money to prepare for a possible green light from SCOTUS.
DESTROY THE ROSTER - WIN A GLOCK 19!
However, they only have mere days to meet a critical fundraising goal. And they need our help!
That's why we're asking every able-bodied patriot in the Grassroots Army to chip in a donation to CGF's Roster challenge - ASAP."

If its on hold.... why do you need money to sit on your hands and wait? And people talking smack about NRA trying to raise money at any opportunity.....

That's funny stuff.....

And... what "IMPORTANT (evasive/elusive) DEADLINE? It's on hold... aint no deadlines...….. CGF and FPC email.....
Problem easily solved.

Don't send money.

Except the Anti-2A Zealots haven't gone away.

The War against the 2nd Amendment hasn't stopped.

The Democrats are still trying to Kill the 2nd Amendment.

And they have Endless Piles of Cash to use against us, supplied by
Bloomberg and his Billionaire Buddy's like Soros, who just recently
transferred $18 BILLION to his Open Society Foundations to fund
things like Gun Control and getting Democrats elected.

So Yes, all Pro 2A Organizations need donations to fight back against
this Tidal Wave of Anti-2A funding, like Bloomberg, who has given
about $110 Million Targeted at the NRA and Anti-2A issues.

All sides use Hyperbole to try and generate support. This is nothing
new or unusual, and is typical behavior when trying to get people
to donate.

The problem is when Hyperbole starts to match Reality.

The NRA is under a serious threat from Democrat Gov Cuomo, who
is attempting to cripple them financially, which even the ACLU thinks
is wrong and illegal, and is supporting the NRA's lawsuit against NY.

Democrat Malfeasance at its finest.

In addition, NY AG, who ran on a Anti-NRA platform (NRA is a Terrorist
Organization) is currently taking advantage of the NRA being
founded in NY to go after their 501c status and attempt to dissolve
the NRA.

The Trace, source of all these NRA " Exposé " is a creation of
Bloomberg, to legitimize Gun Control and Destroy the NRA.

And it appears to be working.

For those of you saying the NRA brought this on its self, yes, its
quite possible after things are proven in court that might be the
case. But your talking about a possible few bad apples in a
organization that has Millions of members dedicated to defending
our 2nd Amendment Rights.

But we still have Due Process and Presumption of Innocence to attend
to before we start convicting people in the Court of Public Opinion.

And for those among us that are actually taking Pleasure in seeing the
possible downfall of the NRA, keep in mind that IF the Anti-2A Zealots
are successful at destroying the NRA....

Do you think they are going to Stop There ?!

They are coming for You and Your Pro-2A Organization Next.

I'm looking at You, Gun Owners of America.

Don't forget who the Real Enemy is:

The Anti-2A Democrat Party.

Noble
Old 05-31-2019, 7:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Noble very well stated and I am at a loss to understand some of these comments from people who I thought were interested in facts, liberty and RKBA.

I think some are very envious and jealous of Wayne and others I believe are anti gun trolls who identify with the democrat party goals of only cops and military having guns!

Your point of going after GOA and others after the NRA is spot on. These tyrants will stop at nothing to eliminate gun rights and groups that are trying to preserve them.

Last edited by ja308; 05-31-2019 at 7:13 PM..