Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-08-2018, 7:56 AM
cool_as_crap's Avatar
cool_as_crap cool_as_crap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 187
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Single stage press made in USA?

Are any of the reloading presses still made in USA aside from Forster?
I'd like a single stage kit to start reloading but not sure I want to pay for the co ax (and doesn't come in a kit).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2018, 8:38 AM
God Bless America's Avatar
God Bless America God Bless America is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,344
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Lee Classic Cast. Made from RR tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2018, 9:08 AM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,832
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless America View Post
Lee Classic Cast. Made from RR tracks.
Non-Breech Lock Classic Cast...add the Hornady LNL Bushing Conversion Kit
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2018, 9:41 AM
jmitchell jmitchell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 39
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_as_crap View Post
Are any of the reloading presses still made in USA aside from Forster?

I'd like a single stage kit to start reloading but not sure I want to pay for the co ax (and doesn't come in a kit).


Save up and get the Co-Ax. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2018, 10:09 AM
nn21 nn21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 61
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_as_crap View Post
I'd like a single stage kit to start reloading but not sure I want to pay for the co ax (and doesn't come in a kit).
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on getting a kit if you spend an adequate time researching what you need before hand. I have one of the lee kits and maybe use two of the non-press items. Everything else is either redundant (it comes with priming on and off the press) or has been replaced with components that I find more useful. If I did it again, I would just buy the press and buy the accessories I needed a la carte.

Lee's literature claims the breech lock challenger is made in the USA. I have no issues with it but havent loaded anything larger than 243/6.5x47.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2018, 3:03 PM
Divernhunter Divernhunter is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Denair, Ca
Posts: 7,246
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Get the RCBS kit and be done with it.
__________________
A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2018, 4:40 PM
9mmepiphany's Avatar
9mmepiphany 9mmepiphany is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: River City
Posts: 7,832
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divernhunter View Post
Get the RCBS kit and be done with it.
A major per-requisite in the OP is Made in the USA...RCBS doesn't qualify
__________________
...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2018, 5:00 PM
sghart sghart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 599
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Lee non-breech lock Classic Cast

great press
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2018, 7:31 PM
scamp62's Avatar
scamp62 scamp62 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posts: 653
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

If you like the best "Save up and get the Co-Ax. :-)" as stated above
mine has been going for 20 plus years and shows no sign of wear.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2018, 7:36 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For What's-It-Worth....

Top grade Redding Reloading Presses hold their value very well as compared to on Ebay. Coax same same.

I can't think of a single Reloader who started on a Coax press, don't know anyone with a Coax press who doesn't have a high grade single stage press or makes claims thereof.

WTF, a new car or truck in the driveway and a entry level reloading press mounted in the garage?

If the entry level single stage presses didn't happy customers then they wouldn't be selling a lot of them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Bumslie's Avatar
Bumslie Bumslie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PRK Socal
Posts: 5,035
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

The new lyman presses are made in usa

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2018, 1:17 PM
cool_as_crap's Avatar
cool_as_crap cool_as_crap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 187
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumslie View Post
The new lyman presses are made in usa

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ah snap, this is the first I've heard of the new lyman presses.

The Brass Smith Victory kit looks great, I especially like the priming system on the press (not that I have any kind of experience, just looks better than lee).

And the entire kit is priced less than just the co-ax.
I think this one may be it, thank you.

Last edited by cool_as_crap; 07-09-2018 at 1:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-09-2018, 3:25 PM
Bumslie's Avatar
Bumslie Bumslie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PRK Socal
Posts: 5,035
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_as_crap View Post
Ah snap, this is the first I've heard of the new lyman presses.

The Brass Smith Victory kit looks great, I especially like the priming system on the press (not that I have any kind of experience, just looks better than lee).

And the entire kit is priced less than just the co-ax.
I think this one may be it, thank you.
Take some photos and post a review if you decide to get it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-09-2018, 5:42 PM
OpenSightsOnly OpenSightsOnly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,447
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Redding Big Boss II

Also, buy the Ultramount stand from Inline Fabrication - your shoulder, back, and neck will thank you
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2018, 6:14 PM
RR.44's Avatar
RR.44 RR.44 is offline
CGSSA Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: L.A. County
Posts: 1,886
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Redding Ultra Mag press = Awesome!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-09-2018, 7:13 PM
God Bless America's Avatar
God Bless America God Bless America is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,344
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I'm not an RCBS fanboy, but aren't they making them here again?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 AM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My problem free still-in-reliable-service made in USA 1978 Rockchucker has the word, 'Fanboy', embossed on it. USA made robust single stage reloading presses have had some improvements since then and unfortunately RCBS has not kept up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-10-2018, 9:04 AM
robert101 robert101 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: southern CA
Posts: 1,393
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

OP, sorry I don't have a specific answer to your question. I will advocate the RCBS press as I've had mine for over 30 years and it works like brand new. Their customer service is 2nd to none. As far as "keeping up" goes. It is a single stage Rock Chucker loader. I really don't need any upgrades to it. My progressive Dilion handles that burden.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-10-2018, 9:34 AM
Kwikvette's Avatar
Kwikvette Kwikvette is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Monterey County
Posts: 3,513
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

You're looking for a quality press but don't want to spend the money?

Looking for a 'kit' is a bad way to go because you'll end up with sub-par accessories that you'll replace any way = more $$$

Buy the Forster Co-Ax and be done.

/thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1 View Post
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM
TimRB TimRB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central CA
Posts: 734
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
I can't think of a single Reloader who started on a Coax press
I did. I did exactly what nn21 suggested--bought a Co-Ax and assembled my own kit, buying exactly what I wanted, and nothing I didn't want.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
23's Dad's Avatar
23's Dad 23's Dad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 382
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default Same Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRB View Post
I did. I did exactly what nn21 suggested--bought a Co-Ax and assembled my own kit, buying exactly what I wanted, and nothing I didn't want.

Tim
First and only metallic cartridge press is a Co-Ax. I tried some presses that my friends had and was sold on the Co-Ax. The rest of my kit is a mish-mosh of tools from Dillon, Lee, Hornady, Whidden, Forster/Bonanza and more. No Green tools for me though! (Nomex ON!)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Bumslie's Avatar
Bumslie Bumslie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PRK Socal
Posts: 5,035
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Don't listen to those advocating not to get a kit. They are usually new loaders that are talking out of their butt.

Everyone, and I mean everyone upgrades their stuff as they progress in their reloading career. Their is zero point in blowing your entire wad on "the best" when you won't even be sure if you'll stick with it. Look at the for sale forum. Lots of guys getting out of it and selling their entire kit due to time or money or it just wasn't worth it for them.

About the only thing most new loaders won't use in a reloading kit is the lube pad. Now, I know a bunch of old timers that still do use a lube pad, and you know what it still works absolutely fine.

One of the main things to consider when buying into a company's stuff is their customer service and warranty.

My personal experience is.

Rcbs service is phenomenal - my first press was a rockchucker and I have a ton of their dies. I only moved away from their press because of how the spent primer handling is done. I feel it is inferior to others. But it has some of the best leverage.



Redding service is phenomenal - I love their big boss 2 press and want to expand to a t-7.

Forster service is phenomenal - I love their dies and moving most of my rifle dies to them. I have experience with a bonanza co ax and the forster co ax. I do love it but my needs require more of an 0 frame press and I don't have the space for their press.

Hornady - I've had poor enough service that I try not to buy their products. I own the lock and load and other products by them. I had 3 sour experiences with their service that has led me to personally swear them off. Others have different experiences with them, I'm just sharing mine. I still do reccomend the LnL AP for most people considering a progressive press.

Dillon - I've had a few hiccups with their service. Not enough to swear them off like hornady mind you, but their "no bs" I feel is not as solid as it once was. I own a 550 and as of now use it as my main progressive press. I have no need to go 650 or 1050.

Lyman - most of my lyman stuff is very old and it wouldn't be covered under a warranty anyway. I feel lyman has definately fallen from what they once were. During the reloading club we purchased 4 lyman dies and if I remember right at least 2 had burrs or machining issues. They did eventually help us but they were more reluctant to help as opposed to rcbs who will take care of it no questions asked. Lyman has started to step up their game again with products and I will be checking out some of them soon.

Lee - I own some lee dies and case prep products and casting products. They are great for the money and great for oddball die sets and great for entry level casting equipment. They have a solid following. I've never needed their service because their products are so cheap I just buy a new one. Now other that have used them say Lee asks to present a receipt as proof if purchase and it's only warrantied for about 2 years.

Mec makes their marksman press which is made in the usa. Known for their shotshell loaders, this seems like an awesome press, too. Gavintoob has a great video on it.

Ch4d makes amazing stuff as well. they are a go to for hard to find dies. They too make a press.

There is more to add and much more possibilities but that should help for now


Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!

Last edited by Bumslie; 07-10-2018 at 1:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-10-2018, 2:46 PM
17+1's Avatar
17+1 17+1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,950
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Well said bums lie.

I’m of the camp that the stuff I bought in college still works great so why replace it? I also started with a kit and upgraded powder meaures, digital scales, trimmer, etc. that I bought second hand at the swap meet after high power rifle matches. Saved a ton of money and now have top notch stuff, even though the press is considered ‘entry level’. I’d rather spend my gun money on a new CZ 75, a ruger American rimfire, more bullets...

Haha I guess you can tell what my recent purchases were...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-10-2018, 2:47 PM
cool_as_crap's Avatar
cool_as_crap cool_as_crap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 187
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvette View Post
You're looking for a quality press but don't want to spend the money?

Looking for a 'kit' is a bad way to go because you'll end up with sub-par accessories that you'll replace any way = more $$$

Buy the Forster Co-Ax and be done.

/thread
I don't mind spending the money I was just curious what is still US made. It just seems that everyone has different opinions on what parts to upgrade, to which brand, and I think the best way to find out what works best is trial and error.
But I agree with your reasoning, you can ask my wife, I'm all about the buy once cry once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumslie View Post
Don't listen to those advocating not to get a kit. They are usually new loaders that are talking out of their butt.

Everyone, and I mean everyone upgrades their stuff as they progress in their reloading career. Their is zero point in blowing your entire wad on "the best" when you won't even be sure if you'll stick with it. Look at the for sale forum. Lots of guys getting out of it and selling their entire kit due to time or money or it just wasn't worth it for them.

About the only thing most new loaders won't use in a reloading kit is the lube pad. Now, I know a bunch of old timers that still do use a lube pad, and you know what it still works absolutely fine.

One of the main things to consider when buying into a company's stuff is their customer service and warranty.

My personal experience is.

Rcbs service is phenomenal - my first press was a rockchucker and I have a ton of their dies. I only moved away from their press because of how the spent primer handling is done. I feel it is inferior to others. But it has some of the best leverage.



Redding service is phenomenal - I love their big boss 2 press and want to expand to a t-7.

Forster service is phenomenal - I love their dies and moving most of my rifle dies to them. I have experience with a bonanza co ax and the forster co ax. I do love it but my needs require more of an 0 frame press and I don't have the space for their press.

Hornady - I've had poor enough service that I try not to buy their products. I own the lock and load and other products by them. I had 3 sour experiences with their service that has led me to personally swear them off. Others have different experiences with them, I'm just sharing mine. I still do reccomend the LnL AP for most people considering a progressive press.

Dillon - I've had a few hiccups with their service. Not enough to swear them off like hornady mind you, but their "no bs" I feel is not as solid as it once was. I own a 550 and as of now use it as my main progressive press. I have no need to go 650 or 1050.

Lyman - most of my lyman stuff is very old and it wouldn't be covered under a warranty anyway. I feel lyman has definately fallen from what they once were. During the reloading club we purchased 4 lyman dies and if I remember right at least 2 had burrs or machining issues. They did eventually help us but they were more reluctant to help as opposed to rcbs who will take care of it no questions asked. Lyman has started to step up their game again with products and I will be checking out some of them soon.

Lee - I own some lee dies and case prep products and casting products. They are great for the money and great for oddball die sets and great for entry level casting equipment. They have a solid following. I've never needed their service because their products are so cheap I just buy a new one. Now other that have used them say Lee asks to present a receipt as proof if purchase and it's only warrantied for about 2 years.

Mec makes their marksman press which is made in the usa. Known for their shotshell loaders, this seems like an awesome press, too. Gavintoob has a great video on it.

Ch4d makes amazing stuff as well. they are a go to for hard to find dies. They too make a press.

There is more to add and much more possibilities but that should help for now


Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help, a lot of great info.
You make a good point about buying a kit and not investing too much into something i may not pursue.
And a big reason for me to reload is save money reloading to shoot more often at the range.

Last edited by cool_as_crap; 07-10-2018 at 4:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-10-2018, 2:53 PM
Kwikvette's Avatar
Kwikvette Kwikvette is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Monterey County
Posts: 3,513
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
I can't think of a single Reloader who started on a Coax press,
I started on a Co Ax and it's the only press I own (or have owned).

I reload .223, .30-06, .308, and .300wm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRB View Post
I did. I did exactly what nn21 suggested--bought a Co-Ax and assembled my own kit, buying exactly what I wanted, and nothing I didn't want.

Tim
Exactly what I did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1 View Post
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-10-2018, 3:19 PM
arrowshooter's Avatar
arrowshooter arrowshooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Modesto
Posts: 615
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

According to Brownells, the RCBS RockChucker Supreme is made in the USA.
https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...acturer_1=RCBS

Primer handling can be a pain, but is solvable:



Plus, my 6 year old Grand Daughter can hop on it any time she wants:


Last edited by arrowshooter; 07-10-2018 at 5:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-10-2018, 4:44 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Well then the both of you need to send me a picture so I can say I finally know someone who started with a Coax, lucky reloaders.

As to the OP,
It is really about matching your personal beliefs and plans than it is equipment. "Mindset" has much more to do with the decision more than a couple hundred bucks here and there.

Maybe the industry can offer some disposable reloading presses that lasts 30 or 40 years of hard use. We all want to be sure, and we don't want to over-spend.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-10-2018, 6:53 PM
Kwikvette's Avatar
Kwikvette Kwikvette is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Monterey County
Posts: 3,513
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambam105 View Post
Well then the both of you need to send me a picture so I can say I finally know someone who started with a Coax, lucky reloaders.
Delighted -

Went straight to a Forster Co Ax as my first (and only) press as well as an RCBS Chargemaster combo and a ton of other things.











As for dies, all I use are RCBS Gold Medal Match.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1 View Post
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-10-2018, 8:12 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Looks like a good start.
I didn't see a trimmer.
I never bought a ChargeMaster because I hear you need to buy two in order to keep up production.
The Lee handpress looks like the newer model. That quick change option should come in handy.
Reloading requires stout financial commitment.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:43 AM
23's Dad's Avatar
23's Dad 23's Dad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 382
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default Kit or not to kit

Bumslie makes a good point about getting everything you need to get started with a kit and building from there.

I didn't go that route. Instead I picked a single caliber (308) and started acquiring the necessary tools. Most of my big ticket items were second hand, including my CO-AX press. Look at the reloading sales here on Calguns, ebay, other fourms etc. My press, scale, primer pocket swager, and powder measure are all second hand.

I have had one set of 2nd hand dies that had a burr inside the sizing die. My second hand trimmer was so dull it was useless. I now stick to new dies and cutting equipment (i.e trimmers, primer pocket uniformer, etc.)

BTW, I'm loading for 3 rifle calibers and 10 pistol calibers on this one SS press. I need to upgrade to a progressive, but I just don't have the space.

It's a matter of how you want to follow this hobby!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM
LynnJr LynnJr is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Corbin press and I would not buy a kit as most of it is never used or of poor quality.
And I have been loading for 40+ years and load national champion level ammo.
Press inside outside chamfer tool primer pocket uniformed flashhole uniformer scale funnel and a trimmer that works off of the shoulder.
You don't need a powder drop or a trickler ever!!!
__________________
Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

Last edited by LynnJr; 07-11-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-12-2018, 7:58 AM
cool_as_crap's Avatar
cool_as_crap cool_as_crap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 187
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Thanks all for the advice, i ordered the lyman victory press kit last night and got $46 off using the ebay code ($260 shipped).
I had it narrowed down to co-ax, rock chucker supreme (which i confirmed with RCBS that it is made in USA), and victory.

The co-ax is sold out everywhere so eliminated that option.

The rock chucker seemed like a great option based on everyone's feedback on their warranty service, but the thing that killed it for me is the weak spent primer collector and the price compared to the victory.

The victory kit seems like a great value for what you get (powder dispenser stand included), same warranty as the chucker, and a nice looking primer seat setup.

Ill make a thread about the victory kit though it will be a while as I slowly acquire more reloading parts (FART is next on the list).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-12-2018, 2:19 PM
Bumslie's Avatar
Bumslie Bumslie is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PRK Socal
Posts: 5,035
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Great price on the kit. I'm sure it will serve you well in starting your reloading endeavor.

You'll soon figure out what direction you'll want to head.

I'm sure you'll be back soon to seek about which progressive press to upgrade to

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-12-2018, 5:01 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Lymans new reloading presses appear to be a good value.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.