Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-22-2014, 7:22 PM

Default Stanislaus County 2014 Sheriff race CCW talk

I'd like to see us flush out firm commitments for the Stanislaus County 2014 Sheriff race regarding their commitment to issuing CCWs.

We all know Christianson signed the Madison Society pledge to issue for "personal protection" for good cause. But we also know that the 11+ month application wait stinks. But, at least he is good to his word and does issue (and not with stupid restrictions like the bitter San Joaquin Sheriff does).

Letras & CCW - but no Madison Society pledge signature, even though he states:
Quote:
I want to set your mind at ease and let you all know that I am a big supporter of our citizens’ rights to bear arms and support the issuance of concealed weapons permits on the basis of self-protection as good cause.
It looks like the Patterson Police Chief Tori Hughes (a Stanislaus Sheriff Lt.) has dropped out of the race.

Are there any other contenders for the race?

Last edited by Jason95357; 01-22-2014 at 7:28 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 7:34 PM

I am pretty sure Letras stated he was procarry and even encouraged his family and girlfriend to get there CCW's. Check his website, but I know I seen it somewhere

Old 01-22-2014, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelster1574 View Post
I am pretty sure Letras stated he was procarry and even encouraged his family and girlfriend to get there CCW's. Check his website, but I know I seen it somewhere
::thwapp:: Yeah, I linked to his blog where he talks about concealed carry.

He also talks about wanting to speed up the process. That's a rock and a hard place though, as the state limits how much they can charge.
Old 01-24-2014, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
::thwapp:: Yeah, I linked to his blog where he talks about concealed carry.

He also talks about wanting to speed up the process. That's a rock and a hard place though, as the state limits how much they can charge.
Well, he could start off by eliminating that silly interview that serves no purpose.
Old 01-25-2014, 1:54 PM

I just dropped off my paperwork, was finger printed, and paid my fees.....now just the pre-approval letter and my class.....then the interview and more waiting....lol The positive is in the 30 minutes I was there, four different individuals came in to pick up there new or renewals.....that good, keep on issuing those babies
Old 01-25-2014, 8:28 PM

[QUOTE=Jason95357;13267002]
We all know Christianson signed the Madison Society pledge to issue for "personal protection" for good cause. But we also know that the 11+ month application wait stinks.

I had heard somewhere that the anti-gun peeps were making appointments to clog the calendar, then cancel at the last minute. I also heard they were going to re-vamp the process, maybe by taking a non-refundable deposit that would go towards your fees when you moved forward with the process?
Not sure what has been done though. When I renewed, my appointment was moved up due to a cancellation though.

Re-elect Christianson....let him work on it
Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
We all know Christianson signed the Madison Society pledge to issue for "personal protection" for good cause. But we also know that the 11+ month application wait stinks.
I had heard somewhere that the anti-gun peeps were making appointments to clog the calendar, then cancel at the last minute. I also heard they were going to re-vamp the process, maybe by taking a non-refundable deposit that would go towards your fees when you moved forward with the process?
Not sure what has been done though. When I renewed, my appointment was moved up due to a cancellation though.

Re-elect Christianson....let him work on it
Yeah, I've head that about anti-gun folks stuffing the appointment calendar. I believe they dealt with that by two ways: tracking the submitting IPs and then filtering them if they have more than a couple submissions from the same IP. Second, they follow-up with a phone call to see if folks want to move their appointment up sooner. My guess is that if no one answers or returns the call, or if the phone number is bogus, then they drop the appointment slot (and everything else from that IP).

My appointment was moved up 4 months sooner, probably due to them cleaning up those bogus slots.

I'm with you: re-eleect Christianson as he started the ball rolling and Letras won't sign the Madison Society CCW pledge. (he signed the pledge in April).

I think right now Christianson's hands are tied for funds as the state caps the CCW fees (a blessing and a curse). However, the Madison Society has retired deputies who have offered to volunteer with help review CCW applications, and Christianson turned them down. Of course, I can see his point of view on that - he wants control of who is reviewing them, and that could become sticky if he allows some retired deputies but not others.

Last edited by Jason95357; 05-15-2014 at 6:52 PM..