Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 4:14 PM

Default RUN in with LEO's

This happened not too long ago and just wanted to share, a couple months back I was awakened by someone yelling outside(6:20 something in the morning), so I get up and make the short walk to my sons room and see him looking out the window. I asked him what was going on, and he said he heard a loud noise and that one guy was chasing another guy and cursing him out and I had noticed there was a pair of boots in the road in front of my neighbors house, so I watched the guy who was yelling and waving his arms until he left(approximately 1 minute) and told my son to wake up his sister to get ready for school both under teens...well as I am in my bedroom, I can see light flashing on and off through my curtains, so I take a look...and I see an LEO standing on the fence flashing my backyard with his flashlight and then flashes me in the window, so a couple minutes later I hear a loud knock on my door as if metal was banging on wood, I turn on the porch light and see 6 LEO standing on my porch, (2 plain clothes and 4 uniformed)..I am still in my undies and answer the door, and one of the plain clothes officer starts to explain to me that, one of my neighbors car was stolen and that the perp had jumped my fence to get away from my neighbor, and that if they could search my house....so I said...NO...you cannot search the inside of my house but will gladly let you search my backyard...so he says...why can we not search your house, if a bad guy had jumped into my backyard,and officers were at my door, I would let them search....and so I said, thank you for your concern of me and my family, but I would know if anyone were to come into this house without my permission and they would not be having a good day...so then he starts to ask what my name is, who is in the house, how old are my kids and says he needs it for his report, so after being denied entry to the inside of my house, they check my back yard and leave with a look of disapointment...and this is when my son comes up to me and ask's why I did not let them search the house they are the police, I tell him...why do they need to check the inside of our home, we have an alarm, a dog that barks when ever a stranger is present, and the doors and windows are always locked when we are home and then I tell him that I felt as if they were treating me as a suspect, by asking who lives here, how old, and tall, etc...and he starts to agree with me and then 20 mins later I get a knock on the door, it is another LEO and he starts explaining the situation of what happened with my neighbor, and ask why I did not let them search my house...I explain....and then ask...are all my neighbors homes going to be searched...so I thought to myself what a great learning expierence this would be for my kids...I said sure..you can search my home, but you need clean shoes...so 2 LEO's(1 female and 1 male) enter my home, not after 2 minutes the female officer starts to interogate my son in his room, who lives here, how many people are here, is there anyone hiding in the house, and my son is like just me, my sis, and dad.....they check every room and leave once again with a look of disappointment, and tell them to have a nice day!...and my son came to me and said he understood exactly what I was saying, they treated US as if WE were the criminals!!!....
Old 04-12-2013, 4:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggysour View Post
they treated US as if WE were the criminals!!!....
This seems to be happening ALOT. My phone goes off with calls or texts about 1x a week from friends and its the same **** all the time.
Old 04-12-2013, 4:21 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Closed.

Nothing to do with guns, but doesn't really fit in OT.

No place to go with this event.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Closed Thread