Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Young Calgunners
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Young Calgunners This forum is for our younger members, the sons and daughters of Calgunners, younger guests and their parents.

Old 06-08-2009, 9:34 PM

Default First time "really" shooting

My daughter shot for the first time yesterday. She was shooting a BB gun at a rather large target (actually the back of an over-sized princess coloring book page) at about 15 feet in our backyard. She's 5 years old. It was a proud moment for me. She had a big smile and was having fun. Every shot was on the paper. We quit while it was still fun after maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Additionally I was pleased that it was pretty obvious that my teaching technique has improved. I started by twin boys at about the same age a couple years ago and there was much frustration on my part and a few tears on their part. It is amazing to me how difficult it is to get kids that age to understand how a sight picture works.

Anyway...just had to brag on my daughter. She considered taking her target in to show her Sunday School teacher but decided to take a doll instead. lol

Last edited by bpetro; 06-09-2009 at 11:09 AM..
Old 06-13-2009, 3:19 PM

Default great job dad

Here is my 15 year old daughter, we were shooting the 22 at the range and she wanted to try the 9mm, then a buddies 223 AR, then I brought out the 1911 and she "tried" a couple of magazines... she helped me sight in my new Nikon scope on my Weatherby 30-06 and then gave it a try (1.5 inches off the bullseye at 100 yards). She loves going to the range and is an eagle eye. Keep up the training, one day she will be asking for a 22, start stocking up on ammo. I love seeing young kids, especially girls at the range, that is what is going to protect our 2nd ammendment. It also helps keep the liberal guys from asking them out . Missy brags about here targets at the church youth group, make sure you keep her first "target".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missy at range with 1911.jpg (92.7 KB, 284 views)
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM

I shot BB guns at about 5 and my dad taught my gun safetly when I was really young, I can't even remember when I didn't know gun safety. The first time I shot a real gun I was 10.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Way to go guys. Reminded me of raising my boys around guns not so long ago. The years went by and both of my sons are responsible young men. Neither one has ever given me or their mother a problem. I really believe that family's that shoot together, stay together. Now I want grandchildren, PLEASE!
Old 02-20-2010, 6:10 PM

thats really cool im 15 i started shooting when i was 5 or 6 with a bb gun and now i shoot my dads ar's and handguns.