Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 08-03-2008, 3:44 PM

My warmed over 870. Unfortunately I don't shoot it so it's in the For Sale forum to fund another handgun project:

Old 08-03-2008, 4:14 PM
Banned

my $185 wal mart win 1300
Old 08-03-2008, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Here's my modified "tacticool" Mossberg 500 with the ATI catalog bolted on. I know, I know ATI is crap, but it was my first gun and they actually don't work too bad......

Nice, mine almost looks like that. ATI rules, anyways are there any other brands that give you the same parts except for knoxx stocks. I have never found any like the heat shield or side saddle.
Old 08-03-2008, 6:39 PM

Ok I got a question, does anyone have a remmington 870 or 1100. I have a charles daly that im trying to make into a small first grab weapon. Im looking at a website that has a 4 shell 12 gauge holder. Now I have a mossberg 500 with a 6 shell holder and saw one of the mounting holes dont line up. I had to modifiy a remmington pistol grip spacer slightly to work on the charles daly so im wondering if a remmington is closer to what I need. I dont have a remmington to look at for the measurements but looking at my shotty I could probably replace both pins and install bolts to the 4 shell holder like the mossbeg type uses. Here is a pic of my pin layout, hoping the remmington is the same. My pins measure1-7/8 center to center. Also here is the website selling the shell holder. I dont mind modifying the holder but dont want to modify the gun. I did notice the mossberg shell holder rear pin does line up with the charles daly, but not the front one.

I found another website showing the same pic for 3 types of shotguns, now im confused to which one is in the photo.. Here is the google site showing all types . http://www.google.com/products?q=tac...w=dd&scoring=p . [/URL][IMG][/IMG] .. [IMG][/IMG] ......

/ http://www.wescooutfitters.com/p-2461-hunter-sidesaddle-4-shot-remington-8701100.aspx

Last edited by Chunky_lover; 08-03-2008 at 6:44 PM..
Old 08-03-2008, 7:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

We don't have enough FN SLP pics here so I thought I'd share mine. I've added fiber optics sights (green rear and red front), a tacstar sidesaddle, and a modified Speedfeed IV-s 870 stock. Stock requires some minor dremel work to fit but works extremely well once it fits.

I love shooting this gun!

Old 08-03-2008, 8:43 PM

click image to play video 17mb wmv
Old 08-06-2008, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Here's my modified "tacticool" Mossberg 500 with the ATI catalog bolted on. I know, I know ATI is crap, but it was my first gun and they actually don't work too bad......

I just got the same shield/ghost ring. I really like the ghost rings seem to work good for me but the looks and finish of the shield is horrible. They dont list the shield as being a very rough texture and the side profile of the shield is undesirable to me. And after tightening the piss out of the shield it still walked 4 inches to the end of my shell tube. Took it off used my old shield and mounted the sights on it , the old one is different metal and I can clamp it down very tight and the metal wont fold around the barrel because it seems to be a different gauge. I am ordering mossberg sights and heatshield because there shield has some type of brace to keep it in place, and the sights because I thought the ATI ones were actually metal but are plastic.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-07-2008, 9:00 AM

Found this gem a couple weeks ago, just picked her up. (camera phone quality warning)

Old 08-07-2008, 3:52 PM

I took my 870 out to the range and took off all the add-ons. Looks like a completely different beast than the one I posted a few pages back.

Old 08-09-2008, 8:29 PM

Default MoBerg (Mosin Nagant/Mossberg) 20 ga

Have this listed on the Curio & Relic forum, but had to add here too for our shotgun friends:

My brother had a 185 Mossberg, no stock; had a Mosin Nagant M-44 stock, no hand guard, cracked - it just had to happen. the Mossberg darn near dropped in to the stock with very little Dremmel work. Turned the head of the screw down that holds the Mossberg together so it fit perfect into the front hole of the Mosin mag. Then tig welded a 'new' rear tang on the back of the Mossberg receiver so could use the rear mosin screw into the now fake mag. the Mossberg does rest up against the Mosin crossbolt in the stock. the barrel bands were not modified at all. Of course removed the old box mag. guide from the Mossberg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moberg.jpg (94.4 KB, 247 views)

Old 08-09-2008, 9:14 PM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

^Wow thats neat! LOL So im guessing thats a single shot?

Old 08-09-2008, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar View Post

Pardon my ignorance here but would you mind explaining that that metal thing is mounted to the side of the receiver? it kind of hangs down and is angled backward.

I must be missing something because I can't figure out its purpose.
-g
Old 08-10-2008, 6:14 AM
Veteran Member

Who makes those clear shot shells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_lover View Post
I just got the same shield/ghost ring. I really like the ghost rings seem to work good for me but the looks and finish of the shield is horrible. They dont list the shield as being a very rough texture and the side profile of the shield is undesirable to me. And after tightening the piss out of the shield it still walked 4 inches to the end of my shell tube. Took it off used my old shield and mounted the sights on it , the old one is different metal and I can clamp it down very tight and the metal wont fold around the barrel because it seems to be a different gauge. I am ordering mossberg sights and heatshield because there shield has some type of brace to keep it in place, and the sights because I thought the ATI ones were actually metal but are plastic.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-10-2008, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn View Post
Pardon my ignorance here but would you mind explaining that that metal thing is mounted to the side of the receiver? it kind of hangs down and is angled backward.

I must be missing something because I can't figure out its purpose.
-g
It's a speed loader.

You use this to push in a row of shells

FreeLock Bullet-Button Installation and Removal Tool
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...64#post1749664

The M.L.D. (Magazine Locking Device)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...hlight=Vamfire
Old 08-10-2008, 8:16 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZL View Post

Looks like it might be Sellier & Bellot. I have a bunch of it a friend gave me. I think he got it at Cabelas, but Natchez has it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 08-10-2008, 8:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Looks like it might be Sellier & Bellot. I have a bunch of it a friend gave me. I think he got it at Cabelas, but Natchez has it too.

I remember getting them from the sportsmansguide.com, and there also sellier & bellot 00buck it would be cool to find clear slugs to match.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_lover View Post
I remember getting them from the sportsmansguide.com, and there also sellier & bellot 00buck it would be cool to find clear slugs to match.
http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&ammoGroup=0&bran d=NW&src=RcSub&prodID=ZYSBA12010&prodTitle=Sellier %20and%20Bellot%20Shotgun%20Slugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 08-10-2008, 4:24 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
^Wow thats neat! LOL So im guessing thats a single shot?
Hey Vinny, Mo-berg is a single shot, but if I build a .410 somewhere down the road I might make the box mag. work.
Old 08-11-2008, 9:33 PM

Here's my 870 Express 7+1
aka Zombie Killer

Hogue Rubber Forend Grip
Knoxx SpecOps Stock
TacStar 6 Shot Side Saddle

go Lakers! go Dodgers!

If you have it, you wont need it. If you need it, you wont have it.

Last edited by reyna12; 08-11-2008 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-18-2008, 4:31 PM

Here's my new shotty, its not all tacticool but I'll actualy get to kill things with mine.

Remington 1100 duck and pheasant killer!
Old 08-18-2008, 6:07 PM

My ghost ring sights finally came in, called a local smith and they wanted $180 to weld it on, Sorry way to much. Im trying the jb weld, hopefully will shoot it this weekend to see if it holds, used a level laser line tool to align everything. I left the brass front bead on so im hoping the glue will also bond to that helping to keep it all bonded to the barrel, packed the sight full of jb weld and carefully cleaned the outside of the sight for a very clean install, but after an hour the excess glue can pick off with a finger nail. Also got the mossberg heatshield with the plastic rod to keep it from sliding down the barrel. Got the remmington 4 shell holder for the charles daly shotugn, just had to tap new holes in the holder to line up with the pins on the gun, and installed a light on it also. The sight pic is not highlighted the front post is very bright orange looks good inside and outside. Unless something goes wrong I think im done except for maybe a knoxx stock in the future and maybe a houge fore end on the mossberg.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Actually made it to the range today, put about 20 00 buck and 20 birdshot through both shotguns, the mossberg jb welded sight held, no sign of it coming loose even inspected it very closly, heatshield didnt budge and new metal light mount didnt move either. Very happy. The charles daly heatshield moved and plastic light mount moved, going to change both. Tried my hand a blueing on the dlay shotgun after scratching the barrel, very easy to use. It was tetra liquid blueing. I finally understand how it works, its a chemical that somehow tarnishes the barrel smells awful but a few coats and looks just like new. Now my shoulder will ache for a few days.

Last edited by Chunky_lover; 08-19-2008 at 6:04 PM..
Old 08-18-2008, 7:50 PM

The wife's pretty shotty

and the happy couple
Old 08-23-2008, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenon4060 View Post
The wife's pretty shotty
Are the receiver and barrel purple?
Old 08-27-2008, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZL View Post
Fiocchi makes clear shotshells. I have fiochi buckshot and slugs and these are clear shells. not sure about other brands
Old 08-27-2008, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trykp View Post
Fiocchi makes clear shotshells. I have fiochi buckshot and slugs and these are clear shells. not sure about other brands
and its inexpensive.
Old 08-28-2008, 7:32 AM
Veteran Member

Default My Turds

Some Shotguns

Last edited by louscamaro91; 12-16-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 09-01-2008, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy334 View Post
nothin really special...

Mine is on the way.. (11 day wait) How do you like it?

Oh, and I bought the same lock for it...
Old 09-01-2008, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitung View Post
Mine is on the way.. (11 day wait) How do you like it?

Oh, and I bought the same lock for it...

I also got the same one and lock, I guess you got the big 5 special 11 day wait like I had in feb. One thing it shoots a very nice round pattern, my mossberg does a sideways S shape compared to the daly.
Old 09-01-2008, 6:15 PM

Its very light! but then again its my first shotgun, I really don't have anything to compare it with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 09-01-2008, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy334 View Post
Its very light! but then again its my first shotgun, I really don't have anything to compare it with
It was light, and I heard some good things about it before hand, that's what prompted me to buy it.. The price wasn't bad either..
Old 09-01-2008, 7:06 PM

Here is mine.

25yrd
Old 09-01-2008, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitung View Post
It was light, and I heard some good things about it before hand, that's what prompted me to buy it.. The price wasn't bad either..
One negative I found is good luck finding useful aftermarket stuff for it... Most things seem to be tailored to the 870 and Mossberg 500s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 09-28-2008, 1:26 PM
Calguns Addict

one day i will have this
http://www.remington.com/products/fi...tic_18inch.asp
with knoxx stock
D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.
Old 10-01-2008, 9:31 AM
Banned

A couple of shotguns i messed with

remington 870

mossberg 930 and 500

winchester defender 1300
Old 10-01-2008, 1:15 PM

justinlemieux,

Do you have any clearance issues with the Sage stock and the pic rail? I have the older KAC rail that is held on with a barrel mount, but like the receiver mount version better.

And how did you get that grip on the Sage? Is this a new version?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Old 10-01-2008, 2:53 PM

Camera Phone pic: M1 Fever!, modded and stock
Don't mind the white box, had to edit my foot out of there

Old 10-01-2008, 2:54 PM
Banned

Old 10-01-2008, 5:12 PM
Veteran Member

Remington 870 Express Magnum
Knoxx SpecOps Stock
Wilson Combat - Scattergun Technologies™ +2 magazine tube.
Mossberg - Remington 870 Special Purpose 18 1/2" barrel

I'm thinking of adding some sights other than the bead.....maybe some ghost rigs or a florescent tube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Not everyone is so smart.
We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastro View Post
justinlemieux,

Do you have any clearance issues with the Sage stock and the pic rail? I have the older KAC rail that is held on with a barrel mount, but like the receiver mount version better.

And how did you get that grip on the Sage? Is this a new version?
Yeah big time, but I just macined the inside of the rails and reinforced them. It worked well.
Old 10-11-2008, 9:55 PM

I finally got myself a red dot. So I decided to update pics: