Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-16-2013, 6:24 AM

Default CCW at Stockton 99 speedway

Anybody know what their CCW policy is? Do they have any prohibition? Do they actually check with metal detectors?

Going to a race Saturday night and this isn't in the best part of Stockton.

Update: It appears they do not allow firearms or weapons of any kind. I still wonder if they have metal detectors.

Last edited by tylersdad; 08-16-2013 at 6:26 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 1:01 PM

I guess you find out. If its posted no firearms with or without metal detectors, I guess you will be heading back to your car for a lockup. It's the area not the track you need to be concerned about.
Old 08-16-2013, 1:40 PM

http://stockton99.com/2012_General_Rules.pdf

Rule 15 states no weapons of any sort.
Old 08-16-2013, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Concealed means concealed.
Old 08-16-2013, 2:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersdad View Post
Anybody know what their CCW policy is? Do they have any prohibition? Do they actually check with metal detectors?

Going to a race Saturday night and this isn't in the best part of Stockton.

Update: It appears they do not allow firearms or weapons of any kind. I still wonder if they have metal detectors.
Check Stockton municipal code and SJ Co ordinances online to make sure there's nothing in there about private venues. I doubt there is, but it's best to check. Their policy itself has no force of law. If you have a restriction printed on your license that prohibits you from carrying at private venues where there are signs/no firearms policies, that'd be the other big reason to not do it. If none of these things apply, and if there are no metal detectors (something tells me they probably wand--it's Stockton), then maybe the data below will be useful one way or the other when deciding whether to carry, lock it up in your vehicle, or leave it at home (I make no statement as to which way this info should weigh--that's a personal choice). This crime map is for 8/1 to 8/16 for a 2.0 mile radius around the venue. The selected layers are robbery, assault, homicide, sex crimes, vehicle burglary/theft, and weapons calls. There are three assaults near the periphery of the 2 mile radius. The task bar above the map indicates that there were two crimes during that time period that occurred atthe address, but they don't display no matter which layers I enable. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Old 08-17-2013, 9:51 PM

Just a quick follow up.

They did not have wands or metal detectors. Nobody even gave me a second look.

Security was non-existent.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:53 AM

Unless they have it posted they can't expect people to go online and read their policies before attending events there.
Old 08-19-2013, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbflyboy172 View Post
Unless they have it posted they can't expect people to go online and read their policies before attending events there.
It wasn't posted. The only thing posted was "No Refunds".
Old 08-19-2013, 8:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My bet is it's an insurance requirement.
Old 08-26-2013, 8:17 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Check Stockton municipal code and SJ Co ordinances online to make sure there's nothing in there about private venues. I doubt there is, but it's best to check. Their policy itself has no force of law. If you have a restriction printed on your license that prohibits you from carrying at private venues where there are signs/no firearms policies, that'd be the other big reason to not do it. If none of these things apply, and if there are no metal detectors (something tells me they probably wand--it's Stockton), then maybe the data below will be useful one way or the other when deciding whether to carry, lock it up in your vehicle, or leave it at home (I make no statement as to which way this info should weigh--that's a personal choice). This crime map is for 8/1 to 8/16 for a 2.0 mile radius around the venue. The selected layers are robbery, assault, homicide, sex crimes, vehicle burglary/theft, and weapons calls. There are three assaults near the periphery of the 2 mile radius. The task bar above the map indicates that there were two crimes during that time period that occurred atthe address, but they don't display no matter which layers I enable. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Any way of validating that website? I tried it and I know it's wrong, for a fact. My friends house in Madera was robbed 2 months ago, and is not listed in that application. It states 0 crimes for Madera in 3 months. Anyone from there knows that's wrong without even verifying it. It also only has large departments listed. I think that it is very misinforming, possibly out of date or under-reported.
Old 08-26-2013, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

I have no idea. It's what Stockton PD links to. There are several of these sites; Elk Grove PD links to crimereports.com, but you won't get much info there for agencies like Stockton PD because they don't report their data to crimereports.com.
Old 08-26-2013, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw559 View Post
Any way of validating that website? I tried it and I know it's wrong, for a fact. My friends house in Madera was robbed 2 months ago, and is not listed in that application. It states 0 crimes for Madera in 3 months. Anyone from there knows that's wrong without even verifying it. It also only has large departments listed. I think that it is very misinforming, possibly out of date or under-reported.
Your friends house was robbed? As in home invasion? Or do you mean burglarized?
Old 08-26-2013, 2:07 PM
Veteran Member

Default CCW at Stockton 99 speedway

Madera does report their data to crimereports.com. I just checked. Go there.
Old 08-26-2013, 2:50 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Madera does report their data to crimereports.com. I just checked. Go there.
Thank you, that site is much better. I know of a few but they are B.S.

We just signed a lease at a new place but my girlfriend is researching for a new place, already.