Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Talking finished Skyrim again........

.......thought after you're done you can respec..nope.....Dragonborn DCL.....anyone bought any of these DCL's?

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-drag...t-perk-points/
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Do you have it for the PC?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply115 View Post
Do you have it for the PC?
yes
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
yes
Good. I've finished the main storyline is Skyrim a few times, but just now, I'm completing a buttload of misc. quests because I hardly ever do them. then, when I'm done with vanilla, mod time.

Old 04-04-2013, 8:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I grabbed all of the DLC and I can only say beware. I think that once I installed the HIGH RES update pack 3 or 4 things got really buggy. On the XP machine with 4 GB of ram and a 1.280gb or whatever nvidia 570 it runs great but it will crash to desktop so learn your quick load and quick save. I found a ini fix that I THINK has helped, but really nothing helped as much as NOT using the update high res packs. Since I turned them off I have YET to see people or weapons or parts of rooms that are all purple and smooth because they are missing textures. I think though that it might be due to me only having an XP machine that can only address 3-4GB of ram and sometimes when the game wants to use the ram above the 3gb mark or what not it will crash. Apparently if you have a Vista or W7 machine with 4 or more GB of ram it should be more stable. Operative word here is SHOULD be more stable. Sucks though because it is VERY sensitive around the temple on solsteim so when I start killing the temple workers or whatever soon after it will crash and I am like, DAMN...

I DO like the new weapons and new ingredients and stuff (cause I am a hoarder) though but damn. It seems like things that you start get locked in that state when you travel to solsteim. Now it seems that I can not unlock the "investigate the murder scene" or the "talk to jorlief about getting help" or "visit the winterhold college" things just do not go away but maybe I need to select and unselect them. It might be best to finish the main dragonborn questline and the side quests BEFORE you visit solsteim.

One thing is fo SHO though, dragon bone bow totally WHOOPS many things once you sharpen it up and use dragon bone arrows. I found that I like the deathbrand armor too because now there are sets of armor it seems and that makes it closer to Diablo because you get bonuses for wearing the different armors or pieces. I also like the CHAOS damage enchantment where you can enchant a weapon to do damage or frost/fire/shock as ONE enchantment and then pick another enchantment. THe new powers that you can discover after making your way through the black books are cool, but what sucks is that in order to change the books or activate the different powers you MUST be in solsteim, else the books will do nothing for you (although you can still use the power). I like having an ability to summon a dreamora as a butler to carry things or buy my stuff off me right there in the field...

I ALSO like being able to buy a plot of land and build the house that I want. EVEN though the damn apiary does not work. Funny though, on my second built house the greenhouse side has produced MORE honeycomb and bees then my apiary has. I THINK that having a green house + apiary + kitchen + storage might be good for the apiary but you can not have any kids then. Also, the garden/greenhouse does NOT work with the green thumb perk. You harvest 3-4 items from each single item that you plant in your garden. THen after a day or two you come back and you can harvest them again. BUT, when you see the greenthumb perk it says you harvest (4) (2) items meaning 8 but that is not true. Oh well... Greenthumb is STILL good to have

I keep seeing that there is a way to get weapons beefed up beyond legendary though but I dunno how to do it. I see references to flawless and perfect or something and I am like, DAMN. My bow can do about 300 damage normally and when I get lucky it will do 3x + critical strike...

I found that once you get a dragon bone arrow, give 1 to Lydia and also equip her with the giant's club from tumble pass or what not. Lydia totally rocks and can tank many enemies now...

I found that it is now ALSO harder to smith your abilities up the old way. FORGET 500 iron daggers. I think I had to make like more than 2000 so I ended up making dwarven bows and THAT seemed to be better. I guess that the smithing/enchanting/alchemy skills are now based on EXPENSE of the item you make. SO make some expensive items and you do not need to make as many. Banish or paralyze enchant dwarven bows now and you are gonna have lots of cash to play with.

Wanna make cash fast and easy? Once you get your whole lot of enchanted weapons and stuff, go to a merchant that has lots of cash (Lucian or whatever in riverwood) and sell to him, then when he is out of money, quick save, attack him and quick load and he has a full inventory and cash again... Works with just about most of the vendors.

Also, I have not played dawnguard yet. I only wanted to play hearthfire and dragonborn or whatever to build the homes and explore the new map. I got dawnguard though because it was dlc and I WILL start it, but not just yet...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

Last edited by stilly; 04-04-2013 at 8:24 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

How do you finish? I thought you just did the main quest lines and then were relegated to dong miscellaneous side quests. That's where I ended my last character. Did you actually finish every quest possible?

"We are number one, all others are number two or lower." - The Sphinx

"Why does every discussion of culture always degrade into a discussion of burritos?" - GoZoner
Old 04-04-2013, 8:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacaville View Post
How do you finish? I thought you just did the main quest lines and then were relegated to dong miscellaneous side quests. That's where I ended my last character. Did you actually finish every quest possible?
I got a few main quests open, bunch of side quests. its open ended for DLC.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:26 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Yeah, there is no FINISH LINE with rolling credits that I am aware of... IT aint like GTA San Andreas...

Old 04-04-2013, 8:29 AM
Veteran Member

I fired up another go at just last week now that I can finally sneak a few hours in per week. Great fun!
Old 04-04-2013, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
.......thought after you're done you can respec..nope.....Dragonborn DCL.....anyone bought any of these DCL's?

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-drag...t-perk-points/
What you're thinking about is the Legendary dlc. This basically lets you reset any skill you get to 100 back to (15? Don't remember). This is the only way to get past the original level cap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-04-2013, 2:16 PM
Veteran Member

Skyrim is amazing.

I did think Miraak was kinda underpowered though.
Old 04-05-2013, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdawg View Post
Skyrim is amazing.

I did think Miraak was kinda underpowered though.
Once you know the fortify restoration glitch, everything becomes under powered hehe.
Old 04-04-2013, 4:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I like how you can give your follower a single arrow adn they make unlimited ones from it or if you can pick pocket a guard they will use the higher damage arrows at the archery target. Then you just go collect them...

Old 04-04-2013, 7:47 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Dragonborn's okay, I leveled up a Khajit character just for that. He's conjuration, heavy armor and blacksmithing (nothing else). Just runs around punching stuff and conjuring up atronachs etc. Pretty hilarious how fast things die to him.
Old 04-04-2013, 7:53 PM

I never beat it. I admit it was fun but got so boring after. Sure the world is huge but it's just so repetitive. All dungeons are pretty much the same. Side quests are the same as well. The only fun part I had was doing faction quests. I wish the side quests were as fun but all they are is go to this place and get this from me. Maybe it's because it's on console lol. Man I need to get a gaming PC.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter556 View Post
I never beat it. I admit it was fun but got so boring after. Sure the world is huge but it's just so repetitive. All dungeons are pretty much the same. Side quests are the same as well. The only fun part I had was doing faction quests. I wish the side quests were as fun but all they are is go to this place and get this from me. Maybe it's because it's on console lol. Man I need to get a gaming PC.
You can mod the game so that it looks different on the PC.
Old 04-05-2013, 8:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

But the kill shots are funny. I like how I can shoot an arrow at a bear or elk or whatever from a hundred yards away and the camera will follow the arrow and make it an arrow cam until it kills the creature. Totally cool...

Even the cut screens for being a mage are funny sometimes.

I am like, YAY! cutscreen! I'm gonna kill something!

Old 04-05-2013, 9:40 AM
CGSSA Associate

im about 150hrs into my only character. Its such a great game
Old 04-05-2013, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't think I'll EVER finish Skyrim. I have a bajillion small quests open and keep getting distracted....

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
I don't think I'll EVER finish Skyrim. I have a bajillion small quests open and keep getting distracted....
thats exactly where ive sank my time. Im almost to the level 50 cap, I focused on enchanting and blacksmithing but otherwise im a heavy armor wearing barbarian orc.

Man this reads like a terrible craigslist ad
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
thats exactly where ive sank my time. Im almost to the level 50 cap, I focused on enchanting and blacksmithing but otherwise im a heavy armor wearing barbarian orc.

Hate to tell ya, level 50 isn't the cap You have a long ways to go.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post

LOL. I'm a level 24 exquisite steel plate Nord working up to daedric smithing. I can almost kill everything in the game except giants with a mace now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedivision View Post
I'll never finish this thing....

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 04-13-2013, 9:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedivision View Post

Borderlands maybe?

But then they patched the level cap to 69...

Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This new Steam Workshop is really nice, instant mods!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 7:20 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

After being a PC gamer for a long time (10 hrs a day of Everquest playing over a 56K modem was the norm in the late 90's) I was completely overwhelmed by Skyrim. It runs great on my newer PC (i7, 8G ram, ATI 5870) but the size and complexity of the game sort of overwhelmed me. It does not seem at all like a casual game, but rather requires a hard core commitment to really understand it.
Old 04-06-2013, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
After being a PC gamer for a long time (10 hrs a day of Everquest playing over a 56K modem was the norm in the late 90's) I was completely overwhelmed by Skyrim. It runs great on my newer PC (i7, 8G ram, ATI 5870) but the size and complexity of the game sort of overwhelmed me. It does not seem at all like a casual game, but rather requires a hard core commitment to really understand it.
Actually, it's fairly casual compared to the other Elder Scrolls before it, IV and III.

Old 04-06-2013, 7:50 AM

I played Skyrim for a week before I got Dark Souls, then didn't touch the game for 6 months before finally getting back to it. After playing such a difficult game coming back to Skyrim was easy, even on higher difficulty settings. Finished the main quest just to see what happens and was sort of underwhelmed by the climax, but as with all of Bethesda's games, the fun is in the side quests.
Old 04-06-2013, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, some people who were turned off by Oblivion really liked Skyrim.

I had a friend who could not work Oblivion's journal to save his life, but he found Skyrim to be fun and he understood the menu functions.
Old 04-13-2013, 2:32 PM

With patch 1.9 the level cap was essentially removed. the base "cap" is level 81, but since you can now reset and go legendary on skill trees the effective maximum is level 252 with every perk unlocked.

Not like it really matters, with a build focused on smithing/enchanting/alchemy you should be essentially invincible by level 30.

Last edited by peacedivision; 04-13-2013 at 2:35 PM..