Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 11-14-2019, 8:51 PM

Default Holster/Belly band types for S&W Shield?

Couldn't find anything through a search. What options are out there for runners/gym-go'ers? I reckon wearing a belt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but is there some secure solution out there?
Orrrr is there a male apparel solution like with 'Alexo Athletica'?

Last edited by Triple765; 11-14-2019 at 8:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2019, 11:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Crossbreed makes a package that includes a thin kydex holster which offers far greater trigger protection than just a regular belly band.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html

Fighter Pilot
Old 11-15-2019, 6:02 AM

model has very long fingers
Old 11-15-2019, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
Crossbreed makes a package that includes a thin kydex holster which offers far greater trigger protection than just a regular belly band.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html
Ahhh. I had no idea they made that; Awesome!

For others interested, I found these options earlier:

*Cloud Tuck Belt-Less Holster by Ultimate Holsters.
*Ulticlip + whatever kydex holster.
Old 11-15-2019, 7:22 AM
Calguns Addict

The one nice thing about those belly band type holsters that most folks don't even consider, is that it has many positions all over your body you could use a belly band holster, in an Emergency situation...

That is it's wearing position flexibility. Because most of the belly bands are made today are 90%. Velcro on one side and 90%. Of the other side of the velcro on the other side... and they can be folded in such a way that they go from super skinny ( probably thinner than your thigh) to super fat person in a second, a wide variety of sizing options.
So you can wear it high on your chest with your pistol under your underarms ( for those times when your wife makes you lift your shirt to make sure you're not packing at her friends bridal shower.)
or low on your belly, like so low it doesn't even show when your pants are up or anywhere in between, or as they are meant to be worn right in the belly area.
You can fold it up,over itself, make it as tight as you feel comfortable and wear around your thigh, for when you're going really deep concealment at the beach in your just your shorts, on that day that you tell your girl you have to work instead of going to the bridal shower.
It's possible you could even use it as an ankle holster but there's so much material it's going to show unless you're wearing bell bottoms.
But then again that might be okay if you were driving long distance and got sick of wearing it around your belly but wanted a ankle holster (* where legally allowable of course , as with all of this I'm posting.)

You could even wear across your chest and over your shoulder, like the Mexican Banditos or those old-style big bore handgun chest holsters rigs for big revolvers.

Most of the newer ones have multiple pockets for your spare magazines, your cell phone , secret wallet Etc etc... and Now some of them even come with a little extra, thick cloth, plastic, or leather type material to more "safely cover" the area all around trigger but if the gun is inside the belly band fabric holster, it isn't that easy to pull a long trigger, like a revolver might have, or a lot of guns have these days.

Also they're very inexpensive. I'm not saying they are perfect because they're Not, your skin gets warm underneath the wrappings of elastic and Velcro, which would be fine if you live in a cold environment.
or that it would work for everyone I'm just stating that they are very flexible in an emergency situation where you don't Know where you want to put which gun ( you can make almost any handgun fit inside the newer types) or possibly you don't know who will be wearing it , like your fat cousin or your skinny cousin, who has joined you to fight the apocalypse zombies.

It'll fit almost any gun and you can put it anywhere , including on the outside of your pants, more like a traditional old school gun rig if you want plus they're are cheap ( did I mention that already?)

What at more would you want in a backup / special occasion holster.
It shouldn't replace your comfortable, secure, daily carry rig or your "go to combat battle rig" but a nice flexible option for special occasions in Some situations.

I'll end this long posts by saying the problem used to be their gun retention strap snaps/ the thing that holds the gun in if you are jogger, mountain biker or a runner.
Velcro is often very loud as you rip out your gun and in the old style snap buttons sometimes supposedly cut people's hands or scratched firearms in the process of doing quick draws from belly band holsters but one I saw recently has these magnetic type button clasps that hold the gun secure yet are easily removed on a "quick draw" (which of course is never going to be as quick as a outside the waistband type holster.) The negative of these being that they don't lie as flat as a strap of velcro holding your gun in but maybe them sticking out a bit it's a good thing. ( they sell belly bands without any kind of retention straps but I wouldn't advise that you never know when you have to bend over or stand on your head.)

That one with a magnetic button type straps can be found if you do do an internet search for ...

"amazon.com KAYLLE Belly holster concealed "

But as always, search around and find what works best for you.

Last edited by sealocan; 11-15-2019 at 8:05 AM.. Reason: I forgot to mention I think that actor from the old 80's TV show Buck Rogers was wearing one. :-)
Old 11-15-2019, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesland View Post
model has very long fingers
Veiny...

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom