Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-28-2014, 11:57 AM

My sense is it doesn't matter at the moment. You can apply, but you'll be way at the back of the line. Everyone is waiting on Peruta. See here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=811282
Old 01-04-2015, 9:05 PM

Thought I would post up my experience.
I sent in a app within 3 weeks I got a phone call for my first interview. Meet with a very nice lady named Teresa. We discussed my need to carry I am a small business owner (Automotive repair) She gave me a list of paper work to give to her on the next visit, and I gave here my wife's app at that meeting.
I gathered all the info, business licence,bank statements showing cash deposits, copy of my DD214, proof of residence and a few other things not to bad. I called for my second interview set it up the following Tuesday.
Went in with my wife and gave her all my paper work she went over everything and even helped us make some corrections. Teresa was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. She did a live scan on both of us and took our pictures and we were out the door. Very simple and quite fast.
I was also told that the city just ordered 4 more live scan machines and are gearing up for the new changes that will take effect near the end of this year. I would like to note that I was told the Sheriff never sees the apps. They go from her desk to a background investigator, then on to a 5 panel comity for finial approval. Whole process took less than 60 days.
Old 01-04-2015, 9:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the report.
With some luck they will have legions of citizens to process this year so it would behoove them to ramp up the processes.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 02-10-2015, 7:51 AM
Banned

Well...another month went by and still no change.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Argh..."Two weeks" seems to be dragging on forever...
Old 02-10-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead715 View Post
Thought I would post up my experience.
I sent in a app within 3 weeks I got a phone call for my first interview. Meet with a very nice lady named Teresa. We discussed my need to carry I am a small business owner (Automotive repair) She gave me a list of paper work to give to her on the next visit, and I gave here my wife's app at that meeting.
I gathered all the info, business licence,bank statements showing cash deposits, copy of my DD214, proof of residence and a few other things not to bad. I called for my second interview set it up the following Tuesday.
Went in with my wife and gave her all my paper work she went over everything and even helped us make some corrections. Teresa was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. She did a live scan on both of us and took our pictures and we were out the door. Very simple and quite fast.
I was also told that the city just ordered 4 more live scan machines and are gearing up for the new changes that will take effect near the end of this year. I would like to note that I was told the Sheriff never sees the apps. They go from her desk to a background investigator, then on to a 5 panel comity for finial approval. Whole process took less than 60 days.
Does that mean you and your wife were both approved?
Old 02-20-2015, 5:48 AM

Any developments on CCW Permits Issued on "Self Defense" premise. I walked into the Sheriffs Dept. in Mid November and dropped off my application and have yet to hear back from anyone. I called last week and they told me that they were still waiting for a court decision??????

I thought that this was already put to bed. The 9th District Court issued a decision, no one can appeal it, so........?????
Old 02-20-2015, 5:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosbarragan View Post
Any developments on CCW Permits Issued on "Self Defense" premise. I walked into the Sheriffs Dept. in Mid November and dropped off my application and have yet to hear back from anyone. I called last week and they told me that they were still waiting for a court decision??????

I thought that this was already put to bed. The 9th District Court issued a decision, no one can appeal it, so........?????
Here the San Diego specific thread to monitor for latest updates. Post #629 has the most recent update.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...897562&page=32
Old 02-25-2015, 12:36 PM

Yes we were both approved!
Old 03-17-2015, 3:33 PM

The "cash deposits" requirement is BULL imho. I'm an FFL and despite 90% of our transactions being electronic because IT'S THE 21ST CENTURY, she was more concerned about my cash-on-hand than me walking to and from the my car with $5-15,000 in firearms and accessories. heaven forbid someone know who we are, what we sell, where we are, when we leave, where we're going, and how we get there.

San Diego is really bumming me out.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM

Any new news? I have an empty slot in my walled for this card..
Old 06-10-2015, 1:58 AM

http://www.defeatsheriffgore2018.com/
Old 08-03-2015, 10:52 AM

What happens if I apply and get denied (I think I may actually be able to prove GC, though)? Can I reapply once they repeal good cause, and get one then?

How do you show good cause? Must it be written, or are you to recite everything? If anyone can help with a GC, please pm me.
Old 08-23-2015, 3:29 PM

wairting on an answer to fritzkatt
Old 09-08-2015, 4:58 AM

I'm actually surprised at the lack of a response. Figured I'd at least get a "if you have GC, you wouldn't need help"...

It'd be nice to speak (preferably privately) with someone who actually got a permit here and isn't swimming in $$ or has really expensive knee pads.
Old 09-17-2015, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritztkatt View Post
I'm actually surprised at the lack of a response. Figured I'd at least get a "if you have GC, you wouldn't need help"...

It'd be nice to speak (preferably privately) with someone who actually got a permit here and isn't swimming in $$ or has really expensive knee pads.
My understanding is all "Peruta" CCWs are on a back burner until a final decision is published and Gore is also not accepting any more "2nd Amendment" applications.

The others are treated as usual.
Old 09-20-2015, 4:31 PM

Where are we at on this?
Old 09-21-2015, 1:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoAntonio View Post
Where are we at on this?
Where you are on this is that if you want a CCW in California move to a county that issues for regular folks like we have in OC otherwise continue to grow old while you wait for Peruta and the sheriff will find some other reason not to issue!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 01-24-2016, 3:12 PM

I stumbled onto the sheriffs website today and noticed they have new operating hours (new to me):

NOTICE:
Please note our hours have changed. We are open to the public Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. All Criminal Registrations will be done Monday – Thursday. All CCW applications will be processed Tuesday through Friday. All customers must be signed in no later than 3:00 p.m. in order to be processed. You may call ahead for an appointment at 858-974-2020

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing.html
Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 PM

I was at a gun range a couple of weeks ago and met a Navy guy who told me he got his CCW two months ago. I asked how he got it and he said, he just applied and got it. Anyone knows if there has been a change in the policy? The sheriff's website doesn't seem to indicate this.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvguncollector View Post

I was at a gun range a couple of weeks ago and met a Navy guy who told me he got his CCW two months ago.

I asked how he got it and he said, he just applied and got it.

Anyone knows if there has been a change in the policy?

The sheriff's website doesn't seem to indicate this.
Hearsay at this point.

We haven't heard anything here to suggest otherwise...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 02-25-2016, 8:24 AM

I have my interview on March 4th.
Old 02-25-2016, 8:41 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up I have my interview on March 4th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej View Post

I have my interview on March 4th.
Please report back, regardless of the outcome ...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 02-25-2016, 8:51 AM

Will do
Old 03-02-2016, 1:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
Hearsay at this point.

We haven't heard anything here to suggest otherwise...
True. But in some free states all we had to do was show military ID to the Sheriff and wait 2 weeks and we got the permit. Very easy and simple.

California is a whole new ball of wax.
Old 03-05-2016, 5:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

For those in conservative SD Co cities who want CCWs:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=17791764
Old 11-23-2016, 7:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 10-30-2017, 3:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Looks like there might be "change we can believe in" taking place in SD Co SO -- with Gore still sheriff, no less!

Remember, Gore stopped fighting against Peruta after the 3-judge panel went against him. It was Kammie and CA that fought against us at the en banc panel and when seeking cert.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
From San Diego County Gun Owners PAC

Throw out everything you think you know about CCWs and San Diego. We are receiving feedback that SDCGO's efforts to highlight Gore's block of your right to bear arms is working. His internal standards have been loosened and the amount of paperwork required has been lessened. We think.

So what does this mean? Well, we aren't sure because Sheriff Gore's policy is poorly written, subjective, and purposely vague.

We are asking you to help us figure it out and maybe get your CCW in the process.

Here's how:

Step 1: Read his website, download the application, complete as much as you can. Link: https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

Step 2: Call and make an appointment for an interview. Number: 858-974-2020

Step 3: Make a list of reasons you need a CCW. Be creative. This part is hard to advise or offer specifics. And this is really where you are helping. Is Gore just making election year noise? Or can the average law-abiding San Diegan obtain a CCW? It is probably somewhere in the middle and we don't know how long it will last (the election is in June), so right now is your chance!

Step 4: Dress nicely, be polite, and go to your 1st appointment. After you get your CCW, or are denied, please send us an email to let us know if you were successful. What was your "good cause" statement and did it work? How was your experience with the staff? Were the staffers helpful or discouraging?

We hear from people all the time wanting to get their CCWs, so jump on this possible opportunity as fast as you can. The appointment slots are going to fill up so hurry up and call to make your appointment.

ETA: Just to be clear: SDCGOPAC does NOT know if Gore has liberalized issuance and even if he has, they do NOT know to what extent. For all they know he may have broadened his GC requirement only enough to take SD Co from "light red" to "yellow." Personally, I doubt if he'd go all the way to "dark green", the way Meyer has said (accepting SD/PP = GC), but if Gore goes to "light green," even that would be great since we're talking about the 2nd most populous county (at 3.3M) to LA Co (10M).

Last edited by Paladin; 10-31-2017 at 1:11 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 3:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Interesting. IF you do manage to get one how long can one expect it to last if it is just election year noise?

If general self defense is still not good enough reason what can we say?
I am away from home often late at night, I go for long walks at night, I encounter aggressive homeless often? I often move expensive equipment by myself... like firearms very desirable to criminals when I go shooting on BLM?

And you get turned down, now does it hurt you to have to say you were denied before from now on?

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 10-30-2017, 5:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Interesting. IF you do manage to get one how long can one expect it to last if it is just election year noise?
That's why SDCGOPAC wants to get the word out ASAP and get people to apply ASAP so that they can find out ASAP if Gore has changed or not. They want to know in time for influencing who wins the sheriff's election in June. The process takes months, so if you think you can come up with "decent" GC and can afford to risk the time, money and effort involved, now would be the time to apply.

Quote:
If general self defense is still not good enough reason what can we say?
I am away from home often late at night, I go for long walks at night, I encounter aggressive homeless often? I often move expensive equipment by myself... like firearms very desirable to criminals when I go shooting on BLM?
Yes, that sort of thing, plus proof/evidence of it (e.g., gun club membership card, shooting match fees receipts, photos from your walks/hikes, map printout showing your trails/routes, road trips to visit daughter at college or vacations within CA, etc). That's "light green" territory.

Quote:
And you get turned down, now does it hurt you to have to say you were denied before from now on?
Not if it was because of a lack of GC. If it was because of lack of GMC or lying on the application (e.g., re. your residency), then that would come up again and not to your benefit, to put it mildly....
Old 10-31-2017, 10:25 AM

Remember right after the 3-judge ruling there were a bunch of folks that were told to hand in their application, did so, and those applications were literally put in a pile pending the outcome of the case/Gore's decision on what to do?

AFAIK, those are all still sitting there. How do they fit into this? Does one re-apply even though there is technically an existing application sitting somewhere in the Sheriff's office?
Old 10-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMan View Post
Remember right after the 3-judge ruling there were a bunch of folks that were told to hand in their application, did so, and those applications were literally put in a pile pending the outcome of the case/Gore's decision on what to do?

AFAIK, those are all still sitting there. How do they fit into this? Does one re-apply even though there is technically an existing application sitting somewhere in the Sheriff's office?

Yep thousands of us in that pile right now.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yep thousands of us in that pile right now.
Mine got approved. All I had to do was move to Colorado an reapply there.....

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 10-31-2017, 1:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMan View Post

If I had an app in that pile AND I could afford to waste the, what, less than $100 involved with an app that gets denied AND I wrote more than SD/PP as my GC on that app (or if I could revise my GC for that app to more than just SD/PP), THEN I would get in touch immediately with SDCGOPAC (and join them, if you haven't already), explain my situation and tell them I'm willing to be a "test case" to see if Gore has, in fact, liberalized his GC standard.

But that's just me. I WANT a CA CCW!

Can you afford and are you willing to gamble some $$$ to see if you can get one? (Remember, the training expense ($$$) nowadays comes only after an approval of your GC.)

Last edited by Paladin; 10-31-2017 at 1:10 PM..
Old 11-18-2017, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

More evidence (but not proof) that Gore is liberalizing CCW issuance in SD Co.:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1400940

If you have "decent" GC (beyond just SD = GC), I would apply ASAP. (See post #268 above.)

If you do, be sure to let use know at the end of the process if you got issued or denied, and a rough idea of what you used for GC.

Old 11-18-2017, 5:56 PM
Veteran Member

OK. I’ll go work for a Real Estate brokerage and hold open houses once a month and tell them I’m afraid oh Kevin Spacey.
Old 11-18-2017, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

My wife thought, selling stuff on Craig's list a lot could be a reason to give.

Old 11-18-2017, 6:22 PM

Default What to do if you don't have a good GC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
More evidence (but not proof) that Gore is liberalizing CCW issuance in SD Co.:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1400940

If you have "decent" GC (beyond just SD = GC), I would apply ASAP. (See post #268 above.)

If you do, be sure to let use know at the end of the process if you got issued or denied, and a rough idea of what you used for GC.

I've got all the paperwork filled out, but I don't have a good GC statement beyond - "I want a CCW because you're telling me I can't have one." I don't fit any of Gore's stated GC reasons so I'm stuck. I don't see any reason to waste the money on trying.
Old 11-19-2017, 6:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twidget1995 View Post
I've got all the paperwork filled out, but I don't have a good GC statement beyond - "I want a CCW because you're telling me I can't have one." I don't fit any of Gore's stated GC reasons so I'm stuck. I don't see any reason to waste the money on trying.
To answer the question in the title of this post ("What to do if you don't have a good GC?"):

(1) move to another county;

(2) move to another state;

(3) join, support, and help SDCGOPAC as they try to drag Gore to expand his GC policy;

(4) join, support and help SDCGOPAC as they try to get SD Co CoP's to issue CCWs to their cities' residents for SD = GC;

(5) support, donate and help Dave Myers beat Gore in the June 2018 election.

ETA: start a relationship with a crazy stripper. Dump her hard so she goes psycho on you. Once she acts on it, if you survive, get a restraining order against her. Apply for a SDCSO CCW with your new GC....

Last edited by Paladin; 11-19-2017 at 6:07 AM..
Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Default Interesting suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
To answer the question in the title of this post ("What to do if you don't have a good GC?"):

(1) move to another county;

(2) move to another state;

(3) join, support, and help SDCGOPAC as they try to drag Gore to expand his GC policy;

(4) join, support and help SDCGOPAC as they try to get SD Co CoP's to issue CCWs to their cities' residents for SD = GC;

(5) support, donate and help Dave Myers beat Gore in the June 2018 election.

ETA: start a relationship with a crazy stripper. Dump her hard so she goes psycho on you. Once she acts on it, if you survive, get a restraining order against her. Apply for a SDCSO CCW with your new GC....
If Temecula wasn't so far away I'd consider it.

Looking at jobs out of State. Haven't found any that work yet or gotten replies for interviews.

I've made some contributions to SDCGO PAC

I've called and spoken with La Mesa CoP. He's not keen on even trying to issue CCW to La Mesa residents.

I plan on voting for whomever is running against Gore. If figure a new devil is better than the one we know.