Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 04-26-2014, 9:39 AM

Default ...uh...

I'm a member at the Rainbow range. I registered for the April 26/27 Appleseed event several weeks ago. In doing so, I also scheduled two vacation days from work on the 26th/27th to attend this event because I work on Sat/Sun. The weather forecast indicates rain in the morning, but I've read that these events are run rain or shine...just be prepared for weather...so I did. And as of last night and this morning there's nothing on Rainbow's website and the Appleseed Project website to indicate that event has been postponed. Like a true Patriot and firearms enthusiasts I get there about 8am this morning and there's nobody there....no Appleseed signs, an empty range. Uh oh. I walk up the the office and there's a note that says the Appleseed event had been postponed. I check the websites again and it's the same as last night and this morning. I can't cancel my vacation because they've already scheduled another body to work for me. So I try to salvage this weekend and remember there's an Appleseed event at WEGC....maybe about 90 minutes from my house. But I've never been to WECG, so I check their website for an address and phone number...and I see a clubhouse address and phone number, but no actual address of the range (unless they're one in the same?). I call but it goes to voicemail. And I don't want to spend the time or ga$ money to drive all theway out there tomorrow and get turned around for ????? That wouldn't be a good thing.

I truly and fully appreciate the hard working volunteers of Appleseed and what they do...I just wish there was a better way for Patriot participants to be able to get up-to-date info on events and real-time contact with the shooting venues and location info of some of these venues. Maybe I totally missed the addresses for Lytle Creek/Glen Helen venues? I called Glen Helen Regional Park office about the Appleseed event, but the person didn't know what I was talking about and told me there's no shooting venues at Glen Helen. ??????

Last edited by coverme2; 04-27-2014 at 6:53 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 5:18 PM

This is the new America. Disappointments abound.
Old 04-26-2014, 6:43 PM

Obviously...at least for me this weekend so far. So....what exactly is the actual address of the WEGC? And does anyone here know if Appleseed was held today at WEGC...and will it be held tomorrow?
Old 04-26-2014, 7:05 PM

It's here (click)

According to the in-house database, there were 11 shooters signed up in advance, so they should be out there.
Old 04-27-2014, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeople View Post
It's here (click)

According to the in-house database, there were 11 shooters signed up in advance, so they should be out there.
So just to clarify, West End Gun Club (WEGC), which we call Glen Helen on the Appleseed rosters/eventbrite signups etc, is indeed at the map location given above by PurplePeople and there is indeed a shoot there this weekend with 11 pre-regs.

I'm a little more confused about your original question vis a vis Rainbow, which is L.E Duncans range. I can't find any reference to a Rainbow shoot this weekend, Apr 26-27 2014 in our sign-up/shoot records or our list of cancelled shoots(For example, here is eventbrites list of past events for RWVA, where this weekends Glen Helen is listed but no Rainbow. Searching back through this I found the last Rainbow shoot was in February). Can you PM me or email me where exactly the sign-up was done/announced, ie did you do a write in, or signup electronically? Did you have a flyer with that date?

Just an Appleseed instructor trying to help.

Cheers
V

Last edited by V; 04-27-2014 at 8:38 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 5:18 PM

I signed up electronically thru evenbrite in March...I have my confirmation #...I did not see any notion of cancelation here or at Appleseed...the first notion of a cancelation was the hand-written note on the porch of LE Duncans (aka Rainbow Shooting Range) yesterday morning when I looked which indicated that the April 26/27 Appleseed was postponed to May 24/25...as I've stated, I truly appreciate the Appleseed mission and its wonderful and dedicated volunteers...I signed up for the May Appleseed in Corona and I hope I can take off from work...I did my own practice AQTs at my buddy's ranch today...I didn't earn my practice patch
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverme2 View Post
I signed up electronically thru evenbrite in March...I have my confirmation #...I did not see any notion of cancelation here or at Appleseed...the first notion of a cancelation was the hand-written note on the porch of LE Duncans (aka Rainbow Shooting Range) yesterday morning when I looked which indicated that the April 26/27 Appleseed was postponed to May 24/25...as I've stated, I truly appreciate the Appleseed mission and its wonderful and dedicated volunteers...I signed up for the May Appleseed in Corona and I hope I can take off from work...I did my own practice AQTs at my buddy's ranch today...I didn't earn my practice patch
PM Inbound....

OK, here's what I've been able to find out from the volunteers behind the scenes on this one.

The shoot was rescheduled on April 12th because of poor sign up. (If you are a member of the range you'll understand that we have to be cognizant of the range owners/members when we take over a bay for a weekend for only one or two shooters to turn up - we're happy to do it as volunteer instructors but it can sour a range, understandably, on hosting our events if they start to have consistant poor attendance, any way veering off topic here, sorry).

It was rescheduled to Jun 28/29 and all registered shooters on eventbrite were sent an email explaining that and their options.

Did your spam filters swallow it?

(PM me your email that you used for signup and we can check if it was sent and also see what your status is re the jun shoot.)

PM me for what you want to do about transfer/refund etc?

Cheers
Phil "V"