Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 11-18-2018, 1:18 PM

Default CA Single Action Exemption

I knew that before you could convert basically any handgun to meet the CA single action exemption but that unfortunately it ended a few years ago; but I was unaware that it's still valid for revolvers. I've always wanted a NAA 22 Short to complete my NAA Mini Revolvers collection and am therefore thinking that with a 3.5" barrel extension it could fall under this exemption being that it is already single action.
I live in Los Angeles, does anyone know of any FFLs in this are who are willing to take up this task?
Old 11-18-2018, 1:21 PM

Default CA Single Action Exemption

I knew that before you could convert basically any handgun to meet the CA single action exemption but that unfortunately it ended a few years ago; but I was unaware that it's still valid for revolvers. I've always wanted a NAA 22 Short to complete my NAA Mini Revolvers collection and am therefore thinking that with a 3.5" barrel extension it could fall under this exemption being that it is already single action.
I live in Los Angeles, does anyone know of any FFLs in this are who are willing to take up this task?
Old 11-18-2018, 2:29 PM
Veteran Member

Single action revolver exemption must have a minimum 3" barrel, overall length of 7.5". The cylinder must hold at least 5 rounds.

I don't know of any FFL's that would modify a standard NAA 22 short frame to fit the requirements.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:52 AM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun1 View Post
So I think there is some confusion...

The "exemption" that went away was single shot NOT single action. The single action exemption which I believe is limited to revolvers is still around.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:57 AM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I suggest posting this in the FFL or California Handgun sections to get more views and responses.

Good Luck.