Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2014, 12:19 PM

Smile sacramento gun club

I took a tour of the club and shooting range yesterday I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff. I am gong to sign up for one of their memberships.
Old 12-28-2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsizemore View Post
I took a tour of the club and shooting range yesterday I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff. I am gong to sign up for one of their memberships.
Thank you for the feedback! Don't forget to follow the instructions in this thread to redeem your free T-Shirt.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal
Old 12-30-2014, 5:18 PM

Hello All,

Our Holiday Hours are below:

New Years Eve: 10AM-5PM
New Years Day: 10AM-7PM

Be safe and have fun!

Old 01-01-2015, 9:47 PM

Went in today with my dad. The entire staff was friendly and professional. The range and lobby are spacious, clean and organized. I wish you guys were closer, and I would be a member. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in the area.
Old 01-02-2015, 7:34 AM

place looks awesome! I will have to come by and shoot sometime.
Old 01-03-2015, 4:43 AM

i do like the modernness of this place. i hope the staff would have modern attitude too.

i like fire arms, but i dont like any of the gun shop i have visited so far. it is hard to describe. it is very uncomfortable for me. it seems those shops are for pros only, or for people who already know what they want.

so far, Cordova shooting center is my favorite. they have a list of their inventory online with prices.

from the pictures, i see you guys are definitely different from those old style gun shops.

i will pay you a visit soon.

anyway, im glad i have more choices now
Old 01-03-2015, 8:14 AM

Thank you for the comments. Please do come by to experience the club for yourselves.

See you soon.

Old 01-06-2015, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!

Hello, Everyone!

Thank you for all of the support. We are officially out of XXL. We have remaining, limited quantities of Men's XL and L. Several M and SM.

Women's and children's sizes are available.

Get them while you can.

Old 01-09-2015, 5:41 AM

Joined the club this last Monday. Took three friends on Wednesday and one joined that day. Very good experience. Had two new shooters with us and the range staff couldn't have been more helpful. Allowing myself and another experienced shooter show the new guys the ropes. My only issue is there was no clocks in the range area so you could literally spend a lot of money if you don't have a way to track the time. Highly recommended.
Old 01-09-2015, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaowns View Post
Joined the club this last Monday. Took three friends on Wednesday and one joined that day. Very good experience. Had two new shooters with us and the range staff couldn't have been more helpful. Allowing myself and another experienced shooter show the new guys the ropes. My only issue is there was no clocks in the range area so you could literally spend a lot of money if you don't have a way to track the time. Highly recommended.

I set my cell phone's alarm to go off after 50 minutes to alert me. Quite simple really.

Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm
Sig P226 MK25 Navy
Glock 22C
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Kahr CM45 45 acp
Sig P239 .40
Old 01-11-2015, 12:36 PM

Default Great New Shooting Club!

I joined the 1st day they opened - best place to shoot in the region!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
Silver member here, joined weeks before you opened. Love the range. Also this is my first post here, so double bonus.

Question, since you have to be 18 to be a member, how much would a silver member like me have to pay to bring my 9 year old son? I don't want to use up all my guest passes as I have several friends I want to bring as potential new members
Old 01-11-2015, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santaowns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booey View Post
I set my cell phone's alarm to go off after 50 minutes to alert me. Quite simple really.

Hello,

Members are not subject to time restrictions. Members may come shoot as often and stay as much as they'd like. That's one of the best benefits of the membership let alone all of the other perks.

We usually do not allow non-members to shoot after the final hour before closing unless they choose to accept that they will not be receiving a full hour of range time. Members can arrive 15 minutes before closing, fire off a few rounds, then go home smiling.

If you shoot more than twice a month with us, the membership fee pays for itself.

Old 01-11-2015, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmalibu View Post
I joined the 1st day they opened - best place to shoot in the region!!!

Thank you, Sir! It was a pleasure to meet you and put a face to the boardname. Ask for me any time you need assistance.

Old 01-12-2015, 7:42 PM

Hi all!

We're starting to settle in and in the process of adjusting our prices to be competitive. For our members, if there's something you'd like to see, ask or let one of us know when you come in. We'll see what we can do.

Additionally, we waive the FFL to FFL transfer fee for our members and you are only charged the $25 DROS fee. Please speak with our Facility Manager for additional information.

That's one of the additional benefits that we offer on top of the waived range fees for our members. Our gunsmith also has official Magpul cerakote colors available to you.

Old 01-18-2015, 5:45 PM

Hello, our services list is below:

Sacramento Gun Club Membership and Services List

Old 01-21-2015, 2:09 PM

I was there today and made a suggestion to the guys at the counter. Many of them liked it. I noticed the club has GRIT TV playing all the time in the waiting areas.

I suggested instead, why not stream some Youtube channels like Hickok45, FPSRussia, Iraqveteran8888, Colion Noir, Miculek.com, MAC (Military Arms Channel) etc. They do great reviews on firearms and many of them are hilariously entertaining. Someone mentioned the TV's there were "SMart TV's", so you should be able to get a Wi-Fi signal or use a Chromecast Stick. You can then make a playlist and have that on loop. I'm sure a lot of people would rather watch those channels than GRIT TV.

Last edited by einstrigger; 01-21-2015 at 2:11 PM..
Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 AM

Smile Love to shoot at SGC!

I registered as a member before the doors opened and I'm so glad I did! I've been to the range several times and have a great experience each time I go shoot. The RSOs are always helpful and friendly. And I'm glad to see some of the pricing is coming down in the retail area.

Quote:
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

Old 01-22-2015, 3:49 PM

Also, I was told the other day by Nate (RSO) that you guys now allow 2 guns on the bench. Bravo! Nice to see you guys taking the feedback and actually making some changes.
Old 01-22-2015, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstrigger View Post
Also, I was told the other day by Nate (RSO) that you guys now allow 2 guns on the bench. Bravo! Nice to see you guys taking the feedback and actually making some changes.
My experience here is that if you demonstrate that you are not a complete ret@rd, the RSO's are totally reasonable. They have a great balance of giving those who show competency their freedom, and not letting the immature or inexperienced hurt themself or others.
Old 01-24-2015, 8:03 PM

I have been a member for a couple of week and I have sot there five times. It is very well run and I will continue to shoot at least three times a week.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:25 AM

Thanks everyone. Feel free to view our services list for clarification.

Sacramento Gun Club Membership and Services List

I'll update the thread as changes occur or as your questions are asked.

If it's not listed here, ask the RSO or Rangemaster on staff. Those items are likely at the discretion of the RSO during your visit.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
My experience here is that if you demonstrate that you are not a complete ret@rd, the RSO's are totally reasonable. They have a great balance of giving those who show competency their freedom, and not letting the immature or inexperienced hurt themself or others.
This has been my experience as well. I have been a member since the week they opened and have been there at least once a week since. Its very clean, very well run and I enjoy shooting there. Sometimes its crowded, sometimes its not. I have been there when all the shooting bays were full and also been there shooting alone.

The rules are still evolving at times and each RSO operates a tad different but if you aren't a mouth breather to doing something stupid they will just let you know what they wish you to do differently. They do pay attention and I like that, I was on the range yesterday when someone came off the firing from shooting with a loaded gun pointed in an unsafe manner and was very promptly corrected. So I'm happy that I can mostly pay attention to shooting because unlike some other ranges I don't have to spend as much time watching the shooters next to me doing something nutty.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 PM

I usually go to the range once a month. I have been to this place three times since this was open. This is a great indoor range in the Sacramento area.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I asked Jesse some questions about memberships and has been very responsive and friendly. I look forward to visiting this weekend!
Old 01-27-2015, 3:25 PM

What's the for purchase firearm selection there like? Any consignments?
Old 01-29-2015, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
Selection good to very good, more than most shops in the area but not the biggest. Prices are very competitive, and they have member discounts. I haven't seen any used/consignment guns yet, not sure if they buy.
Let's put it this way, after this site they would be the next place I would check if I wanted to buy. My third stop would be river city gun exchange.
Old 01-31-2015, 3:03 PM

Wow, this is the best place in California. Dropped off a gun for some work today, absolutely love this place. Thanks for opening up shop in the Rancho area.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have some questions regarding memberships. How does the club handle the fees for people who might want to change membership levels? Also, can someone currently under an individual membership change theirs to a group membership and pay the difference, or would it be a whole new process and initial fee?

Last thing about group memberships is if the members of the membership increase after the initial setup with just the monthly increase.

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2015, 1:15 PM

Do you allow 'Black Powder' Rifles/Pistols/Revolvers? If so, what, if any restrictions are there?

THANKS.....
Old 02-02-2015, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
I was shopping for a M&P Shield and after price checking at two shops in Elk Grove, SGC's price was $80 and $30 dollars cheaper, respectively.
Old 02-07-2015, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
I have some questions regarding memberships. How does the club handle the fees for people who might want to change membership levels? Also, can someone currently under an individual membership change theirs to a group membership and pay the difference, or would it be a whole new process and initial fee?

Last thing about group memberships is if the members of the membership increase after the initial setup with just the monthly increase.

Thanks.
You're free to upgrade at any time. Specific details of how this occurs can be answered by our membership coordinator. She is available M-F Open to 5pm. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan2 View Post
Do you allow 'Black Powder' Rifles/Pistols/Revolvers? If so, what, if any restrictions are there?

THANKS.....
We do not allow black power firearms at this time. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2015, 4:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

In right now for membership. Hope we can get a free t-shirt
Old 02-08-2015, 5:39 AM

I think that I've shot here once a week since they opened and still am not a member... I'll be soon. Every time that I come back they've improved something, so it's good to see a range that responds and improves. The staff is fantastic. Everyone from the front desk, store, and to the range is friendly and professional. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckl3head View Post
I think that I've shot here once a week since they opened and still am not a member... I'll be soon. Every time that I come back they've improved something, so it's good to see a range that responds and improves. The staff is fantastic. Everyone from the front desk, store, and to the range is friendly and professional. Keep up the good work.
Knuckl3head, what's stopping you? Use the range fees for ammo instead!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Default SGC Rocks!

This place is exactly what we needed in this area. Most professional! Everyone is corteous & respectful. These guys put safety 1st & customer service 2nd. Any place that can do that consistantly has my vote!

Carry On!

Jon
Old 02-09-2015, 5:45 PM

I was in yesterday for the first time. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. A few more rules than I'm used to from other local indoor ranges, but all for good reason. The only suggestion I have would be to increase ventilation a bit on the line. I was on range 1 yesterday and it was a bit warm and stagnant on the line. Other than that, I cant wait to come back, and am filling out the membership app right now.
Old 02-09-2015, 5:47 PM

One other thing, would it be possible to qualify ONLY to add a weapon to my LTC?
Old 02-09-2015, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
I was in yesterday for the first time. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. A few more rules than I'm used to from other local indoor ranges, but all for good reason. The only suggestion I have would be to increase ventilation a bit on the line. I was on range 1 yesterday and it was a bit warm and stagnant on the line. Other than that, I cant wait to come back, and am filling out the membership app right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
One other thing, would it be possible to qualify ONLY to add a weapon to my LTC?
I'll forward your request to management. It may have to do with the excess humidity from the rain.

Yes, you may schedule for a modification qual. Please contact one of our instructors. Their class schedule is available on our website under the "Pro Training" tab.

Good luck!

Old 02-10-2015, 8:25 PM

I joined as a Bronze member the 1st day they were open in November. I just upgraded to VIP. This range is the best I have been to in 20 years, and easily the best place to shoot in the Sacramento Region. If I can make 1 suggestion: Start offering a referral bonus to members that refer friends, etc to become members. I have used numerous guest passes to bring friends that have now become members and others that plan to join. It would be nice to get a few passes for each new member I refer. Keep up the great work!
Old 02-11-2015, 7:41 AM

Maybe offer a discount on firearms to members. Might sell some more.