Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 03-30-2014, 8:35 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Lightbulb CGSSA: March 2014 Steele Peak Clean Up - Discussion

CGSSA: March 2014 Steele Peak Clean Up - Discussion

Regarding the March 2014 Steele Peak Clean Up and the question being asked; How can we increase our involvement?
In 2013 CALGUNS (CGSSA.Org and CGN.Net) worked with the Ventura Forestry Service to help keep open the Glass Factory BLM shooting area. We helped by spreading the word by running two shame campaigns. The Forestry Office added patrols and tickets to the effort. It wasn’t perfect but it helped.
Can we as Calgunners do more? Yes we can.
Should we do more, Yes.
How can we do more, well that is the purpose of this thread.

Things we will need: Lists of local gun shop and ranges, people willing to pass out information, someone creative enough to make a few flyers and finally volunteers.
One more piece of information to note, Mrlonewolf is our CGSSA Board Member asked to be our point of contact, chknlyps2 and Eat Dirt are two of our coordinators for these efforts and Manpants is our SD Chapter Leader. Use the resources available to you and help them get this effort kicked off and moving.

I will add comments in line with the comments to kick off this discussion.

Darryl Licht
Why couldn't we set up a booth periodically at the entrance and just educate, as opposed to advise folks as they enter?

Quote:
Not a bad idea at all. We want to make sure that the booth workers know to only work the entrance. We are not enforcement of any type.
Darryl Licht
...But if only we could attack the root of the issue rather than dealing with the consequences! We know we need to educate masses who use Steel Peak. Could we possibly organize CalGunners to have a "CalGuns Citizens Patrol" or maybe a "CalGuns Information Officer(s)"?

Quote:
Calguns, CGSSA.Org or CGN.Net are not enforcement agencies in any fashion.
Darryl Licht
Two or three of us with the skill of "gab" could politely roll up to shooters on weekends talk guns with them and educate them on why we need to be responsible shooters, clean up, and take care of one of the last remaining free shooting areas in the greater metropolitan Riverside area? We could hand out CGN literature, etc. Perhaps we could even get CGN/CGSSA to purchase a few magnetic signs made that identified us as such?

Quote:
Can we use signs that are easily replaced and extremely difficult to remove?
Darryl Licht
After all, trash isn't our only issue with Steele Peak. As Chief Scott Kotlowski stated to the PE; "If the trash and public safety issues reach a critical point, Kotlowski said the BLM could shut down the range."

Quote:
BLM needs to be a part of this effort, if they are not we will only spin our wheels.
Darryl Licht
One of CalGuns fundamentals is educating the masses on all things gun related, so what better way to do so and preserve Steele Peak?

Quote:
Get us a list of local gun shops and ranges and we can start educating

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

I'd be more than happy to get into a rotation with other members to have a monthly or bi-monthly presence at this and other BLM shooting areas.

Perhaps we could coordinate with BLM on those days to do enforcement. If we are there at the entrance speaking with shooters, warning them of the possible shut down of these areas, and if BLM officers are writing tickets to offenders; my gut instinct says word will get around and these areas will get cleaner over time.

I am really trying to get more involved in CGN/CGSSA! Brainstorming and all of us discussing our ideas is a good place to start. I am planning to also donate my time to the CGN/Ontario Gun Show booth in May, and in the future as well!

I have created a flyer for distribution at areas like this as well, see attachment and please comment.

Responsible Gun Owners Dont Do This _ NO LOGOS.pdf
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 03-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I am really trying to get more involved in CGN/CGSSA! Brainstorming and all of us discussing our ideas is a good place to start. I am planning to also donate my time to the CGN/Ontario Gun Show booth in May, and in the future as well!

I have created a flyer for distribution at areas like this as well, see attachment and please comment.

Attachment 315037
My information is in my signature. Send me an email and say Hi :-)

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.