Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 07-02-2014, 6:39 AM

Day 6 deal:
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Harp...m_medium=email
Old 07-02-2014, 7:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfab View Post
Who the hell are you, to question my integrity? I've NEVER done a shady thing in my life. My intentions are nothing but honorable, and to help those looking to save a little cash. If you want to think otherwise because of the post I've made I made, then that's fine. I just defend a company that has been good to me. That's it! I get daily emails from them with these deals, and I pass them along.

If you've read my comments, you'd see that I simply state that I have had good experiences as a customer with them. I have never defended their past business practices or offered an excuse for them for those past practices. I believe in the greater cause, and even if I didn't give a **** about that, I'd still buy their stuff and pass along the deal.

Why don't I post this in the 2A section? Well, certainly not for a "pity party", but because it's a DEAL! Here's a little tid bit of info for you, if you see the name Ares I'm the title, and you feel so strongly about them, you always have the option of scrolling right on past that thread. However, you and quite a few "haters" choose to come on the thread and whine like a bunch of school kids. Of the tens of thousands of people on calguns, just a small percentage have had problems with Ares in the past. Others of us have had no issues, WHATS SO EVER, and therefore, maybe want to take advantage of the deals they offer. Yet , you seem to want to come here and talk crap and drive people away. And I'm the shady one, right?
It's almost laughable......
Yawn... You doing exactly shady thing by helping promoting Ares, shame in you
Old 07-02-2014, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Dude, screw you! Who the hell are you, to question my integrity. I've NEVER done a shady thing in my life. My intentions are nothing but honorable, and to help those looking to save a little cash. If you want to think otherwise because of the post I've made I made, then that's fine. I just defend a company that has been good to me. That's it! I get daily emails from them with these deals, and I pass them along.

If you've read my comments, you'd see that I simply state that I have had good experiences as a customer with them. I have never defended their past business practices or offered an excuse for them for those past practices. I believe in the greater cause, and even if I didn't give a **** about that, I'd still buy their stuff and pass along the deal.

Why don't I post this in the 2A section? Well, certainly not for a "pity party", but because it's a DEAL! Here's a little tid bit of info for you, if you see the name Ares I'm the title, and you feel so strongly about them, you always have the option of scrolling right on past that thread. However, you and quite a few "haters" choose to come on the thread and whine like a bunch of school kids. Of the tens of thousands of people on calguns, just a small percentage have had problems with Ares in the past. Others of us have had no issues, WHATS SO EVER, and therefore, maybe want to take advantage of the deals they offer. Yet , you seem to want to come here and talk crap and drive people away. And I'm the shady one, right?
It's almost laughable......
Why don't you go screw yourself? Your pretty good at that, 2 posts about deals with the same results. Not too easy to make so many friends so fast, but your good at it. According to your original post you make it clear it's for the greater good than just for Ares, we need to set aside our differences and support them. Your the one that turned it from a "deal" into being about Ares. You did it to yourself.

You speak of integrity which you have little of, I noticed your very first thread in the for sale section. A CMMG LPK all for the price of $150 for your fellow cal gunners to buy. That's awesome of you mister Integrity Man. So I guess compared to getting ripped off by you, an Ares $49 LPK would be a deal then huh?
Old 07-02-2014, 7:28 AM

I see that you edited your original post. I quoted it and took my time responding lol.

Here's a Venomfab Deal for everyone, I like how he bumped it too.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=689455

Last edited by Niviticus; 07-02-2014 at 7:46 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 8:33 AM

Quote:
HAHA!
I can assure you, that I don't work for Ares. Never have. (I have a career, not a job)
If fact, I've never even been to their store. I have met them at shows, and been a satisfied customer of theirs, but that's the extent of it.

I just don't believe in the childish name calling, and **** it attitude that most have. And even if I did, I'd like to think I'm mature enough to to get past that, for the greater good. You can spin the story however you want (insinuating I'm employeed by them), but I will continue to promote good deals from them, and continue to give them my business, until they give ME a reason not to. And as long as they're fighting this battle, I will make my purchases from them.

BTW, if anyone has any of the correspondence form Ares, post it.
Hey man, what part of "Ares (like Cheaper Than Dirt) is no friend to calgunners (at least most)" don't you understand. You must be one of the very, very, very few lucky ones who have had a good experience with them or perhaps a definite employee of Ares.
Old 07-02-2014, 8:36 AM

Default Ares Armor Sales ( I know, I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niviticus View Post
Why don't you go screw yourself? Your pretty good at that, 2 posts about deals with the same results. Not too easy to make so many friends so fast, but your good at it. According to your original post you make it clear it's for the greater good than just for Ares, we need to set aside our differences and support them. Your the one that turned it from a "deal" into being about Ares. You did it to yourself.

You speak of integrity which you have little of, I noticed your very first thread in the for sale section. A CMMG LPK all for the price of $150 for your fellow cal gunners to buy. That's awesome of you mister Integrity Man. So I guess compared to getting ripped off by you, an Ares $49 LPK would be a deal then huh?

Ok, so good for you, you have the ability to troll my profile, and bring up old post. You don't have ANY CLUE to what your spewing, because you seem to lack the ability to have FACTS before running off at the mouth. You must be a closet liberal.

I, like many others had been looking into buying an AR for quite sometime prior to Sandy Hook. It would have been my first AR. When that happened, I started buying parts. Ones that I could find anyways. I bought my first lower, that night at Turners.
Well, I also in the following weeks bought that LPK at an inflated price. A buddy of mine ended up selling me a 2-stage LPK, so I put this up for sale, FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT. And by the way, incase you couldn't figure it out, I didn't force anyone to buy it.

And since reading comprehension seem to be a weak point of yours, I explain my first post so you can understand it. Ares has good deals on stuff. I passed on the deals to the people of Calguns. The money from that stuff is going to help Ares fight a court battle. The outcome of that court battle could effect many people that were customers of theirs at one point. Hence the "greater good." The way I see it, is buying from Ares right now (if your in the market for something) goes to help fellow Calgunners. NOT ARES!

If that didn't break it down enough for you to understand, then your a lost cause. I guess I could draw it out with a crayon for you, but quite frankly I don't have that kind of time.

As for editing my original post....yeah, I did.
I posted that when I was a little angry, and edited it, to reduce the chance of an argument. See, integrity.
Now, I just DGAF!

Last edited by venomfab; 07-02-2014 at 8:46 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 8:42 AM

Default Ares Armor Sales ( I know, I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixtynin9 View Post
Hey man, what part of "Ares (like Cheaper Than Dirt) is no friend to calgunners (at least most)" don't you understand. You must be one of the very, very, very few lucky ones who have had a good experience with them or perhaps a definite employee of Ares.

I guessI have just been lucky, because like I said before, I have never even stepped foot in their store. So should I be pissed at them, because they wronged someone else?

This is my playground, not a retail store.
Old 07-02-2014, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixtynin9 View Post
I've been lurking but not commenting on this thread for a while. I was not aware of the previous issues with Ares and placed several orders with them over the past few months.

One required a bit of a wait but I was notified of that up front so I was cool with that. I received that order within the allotted time. I also had the exact same thing happen with three other vendors people use here on the forum. It seems to be the trend in the industry for the companies to receive the order and then take anywhere from 3 - 90 days before the order is shipped.

I guess my point is that they have seemed to fix whatever order fulfillment issues they've had in the past. I was not screwed in any way, and I received some really nice stuff at the end of the day.

YMMV
Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 AM

Everyone needs to relax. If you don't like them, dislike them, or hate them keep it to yourself. We don't need to continue this childish nonsense.

BTW - http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Harp...m_medium=email
Old 07-03-2014, 9:06 AM

Day 7 deal:
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/300b..._medium=emailo
Old 07-04-2014, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout_fear_me View Post
I've been lurking but not commenting on this thread for a while. I was not aware of the previous issues with Ares and placed several orders with them over the past few months.

One required a bit of a wait but I was notified of that up front so I was cool with that. I received that order within the allotted time. I also had the exact same thing happen with three other vendors people use here on the forum. It seems to be the trend in the industry for the companies to receive the order and then take anywhere from 3 - 90 days before the order is shipped.

I guess my point is that they have seemed to fix whatever order fulfillment issues they've had in the past. I was not screwed in any way, and I received some really nice stuff at the end of the day.

YMMV
Although they seem to be getting a handle on their retail sales now, this does not excuse there acts of extreme douchebaggery over the last couple of years.

Do a search here on CG and look at the threads that are dozens of pages long about how they were screwing people over.

I am (was) willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they got in over their heads, that their vendors were the hickup, that things became out of their control, but that ship has sailed. Historically, every time Ares has some form of issue that has tons of negative backlash, everyone goes on about poor Ares, we need to support them, and it's a matter of months before the next Ares crisis hits. They are like a drug addict friend, you try and try and help, but they just keep screwing up, and keep calling at 3am needing bail.

Fool me once.........