Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 06-26-2014, 9:41 AM

Default Ares Armor Sales ( I know, I know)

I know that people have had troubles with Ares in the past, but this is different now. Ares is going up against a powerful government agency (for the good if all gun owners) that has influence and deep pockets (your tax payer dollars). They need all the help and support they can get to win this fight. This isn't about past bull*****, or quality, or a popularity contest. This is about taking a stand to preserve our civil liberties.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing on the "deals."

COUNTDOWN to ATF DEADLINE SALE: 8 days
ATF has 8 days left to either file in court or give Ares their stuff back! Today's countdown item is LPK for $49.95
Not a tremendous savings, but a decent price in a decent LPK.
They will have a new product on sale each day for the next 8 days counting down to the ATF's deadline. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/WA1LPS
Old 06-26-2014, 9:56 AM

**** em
Old 06-26-2014, 10:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
**** em
In normal times, I'd agree. But they are David vs Goliath and OUR rights are at stake. They are fighting OUR battle for us. The outcome will affect us DIRECTLY. In this day and age, I'd even support CTD if they were being persecuted unjustly by the Feds and DOJ. In this time of need, Ares will get my business.

This is no time for petty battles between ourselves.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 06-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
**** em
This
Old 06-26-2014, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
In normal times, I'd agree. But they are David vs Goliath and OUR rights are at stake. They are fighting OUR battle for us. The outcome will affect us DIRECTLY. In this day and age, I'd even support CTD if they were being persecuted unjustly by the Feds and DOJ. In this time of need, Ares will get my business.

This is no time for petty battles between ourselves.
Aren't they doing it to themselves through the media attention they wanted?
Old 06-26-2014, 1:35 PM

Yes they invited media into premises showing how they finish a lower.
Old 06-26-2014, 2:06 PM
Veteran Member

Why should I care to help them after they screw me. They digging their own grave. It's not about Our Right, it's about Ares and they are suck.
Old 06-26-2014, 2:20 PM
Calguns Addict

dup

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=951101

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run

Last edited by 71MUSTY; 06-26-2014 at 2:45 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

I was just watching a documentary this morning about Prop 8, and the steps the LGBT community took to fight it.

The gay community united, completely stood together and fought for what they believed in without any infighting, through the courts all the way up to the U.S. Supreme court.

And they got their victory.

Fat chance that will ever happen with the gun community even though we have the 2nd Amendment on our side.

We like to eat our own.

Last edited by madjack956; 06-26-2014 at 7:41 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 2:55 PM

This is different. This is asking me to support the group that did steal from me to try and fight the group that is trying to steal from me.
Old 06-26-2014, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
I was just watching a documentary this morning about Prop 8 and the steps the LGBT community took fight it.

The gay community united, completely stood together and fought for what they believed in without any infighting, through the courts all the way up to the U.S. Supreme court.

Fat chance that will ever happen with the gun community even though we have the 2nd Amendment on our side.

We like to eat our own.
Old 06-26-2014, 4:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Screw them. I'm not giving them a penny, ever!! They did it to themselves. If you're willing to infringe on my rights to gain some publicity or a quick buck, you don't deserve my help.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 06-26-2014, 4:21 PM
Calgunner
CGN Contributor

Just out of curiousity , what did they do? Sorry I don't buy stuffs from them before and didn't even hear about them.. just wondering.
Old 06-26-2014, 4:39 PM
Calguns Addict

What, is cheaper than dirt OOS?
Old 06-26-2014, 4:45 PM
Calguns Addict

No dog in this fight = no $$$$ for Ares !

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 06-26-2014, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, there must be more going on then meets the eye!?
Old 06-26-2014, 7:18 PM

Just ordered two 80% lowers and lpks

Haha jk so the government will be getting all new info from all new customers also? I wouldn't give them any info now this had happened.
Old 06-26-2014, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Not going to spin this out of control, but when you buy something with a credit card, who do you think can buy that information?

When you buy something on-line, who do you think can buy that information or take it?

Last edited by R19; 06-26-2014 at 7:48 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 8:06 PM

IMO, Ares could have avoided this whole thing in the first place by NOT putting it out there in everyone's face, by NOT poking the hornets nest, by not running radio ads and allowing the media in to see how 80's are finished, you would have to be an idiot to see that the media would put a spin on that. I get that what the anti's are doing is messed up, and Ares was (in their words) not going to hide in the shadows, but there is a time and a place, and they picked the wrong time, wrong place, and wrong way to stage their protest against "the man".

This is the outcome, build parties were thrust into the limelight, and ultimately made illegal, Ares gets raided and god knows how much of their customer database is now in the hands of the Feds. And on top of that, how many people are STILL waiting for back orders that are years old, or have just plain been ripped off.

Yes, we are in this together, but I would rather give my money to Calguns Foundation, CalFFL, or any number of other organizations that don't poke the hornets nest, and rip off customers.
Old 06-26-2014, 8:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjr1125 View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. United we stand. Divided we fail.

Patches sold here. I am not affiliated with this page in any way.
Old 06-26-2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R19 View Post
Not going to spin this out of control, but when you buy something with a credit card, who do you think can buy that information?

When you buy something on-line, who do you think can buy that information or take it?

Surely not the IRS, their computers are down.
Old 06-26-2014, 8:15 PM

In the grand scheme of things good times and bad, we do at the very least need to show vocal support due to the out of control restrictions placed on the firearms community... at the very least i will pass on the word, but not a single dime will come from my pocket going into theirs...
Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Stay away from these clowns. I actually thought my experience with them was a one-off/isolated incident.

I dont think they can handle this big of a challenge. The sooner they crash and burn, the better.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Attention whores usually get what they deserve. The radio ads and billboards were just plain stupid.
San Diego County Gun Owners Patriot Member
What have you done for 2A lately?

Last edited by Danodog; 06-26-2014 at 11:06 PM..
Old 06-27-2014, 7:11 AM

Today's deal:
$99 NiBor BCG
I got one of these about a month ago, and it's actually a really nice, quality piece.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/nick...m_medium=email
Old 06-27-2014, 8:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was just watching a documentary this morning about Prop 8, and the steps the LGBT community took to fight it.

We like to eat our own.
Actually, that's the very thing that defines homosexuals.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 06-27-2014, 9:05 AM
Veteran Member

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
Actually, that's the very thing that defines homosexuals.
Oh you got jokes. Well I can appreciate a good joke as much as the next guy.

Here's another one.

A group that 40 years ago was despised nationally (gays) and another group that has snuck into our country (illegal mexicans), have united within their groups and demanded their rights and have been winning more and more every year since their movements started.

While gun owners have been losing their rights every year ever since I was born (1956) and before that.

See, nobody told them, don't have that gay pride parade, it will make us look bad.

Don't ask for food stamps, or health care, or drivers licenses, its not good for the cause.

Nope, they got right in societies face every step of the way. And they keep demanding, and keep getting what they want.
Old 06-27-2014, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Oh you got jokes. Well I can appreciate a good joke as much as the next guy.

Here's another one.

A group that 40 years ago was despised nationally (gays) and another group that has snuck into our country (illegal mexicans), have united within their groups and demanded their rights and have been winning more and more every year since their movements started.

While gun owners have been losing their rights every year ever since I was born (1956) and before that.

See, nobody told them, don't have that gay pride parade, it will make us look bad.

Don't ask for food stamps, or health care, or drivers licenses, its not good for the cause.

Nope, they got right in societies face every step of the way. And they keep demanding, and keep getting what they want.

I agree. If you guys think hiding and keeping quiet about gun rights is the way to go, please tell me how that is a means to an end? That's exactly what the other side wants.

If you want to keep your gun rights, you BETTER run radio ads and buy billboard space.

Guess why? BECAUSE THE OTHER SIDE IS!! Sure they have the media on their side. That won't change. What we have is logic and sound principles. Use that and let the opinion fall where they may.

But STFU isn't going to win the war.

I commend Ares for taking that approach. Damn glad someone is standing up and not shrinking away. I'd gladly stand by their side to get the message across.

Sure it's easy to sit on the couch and criticize. But don't expect anyone to come to your rescue if you're not willing to stand up and be heard.

Old 06-27-2014, 1:29 PM

Not saying we should keep quiet, sit back and allow our rights to be taken away. But, If we were going to stand together and make our rights known and publicized. I would see this happening in a more diplomatic way then just calling some news companies up, and showing the world how easy it is for anybody off the street to "build" legal guns. It's the news, you know their going to put a bad twist on things.

PS. I seriously doubt Ares was bringing this to the news to bring attention to our rights. They most likely wanted the media attention to boost their sales. Anybody know more about this that wants to share?

Last edited by Niviticus; 06-27-2014 at 1:31 PM..
Old 06-27-2014, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSerf View Post
I agree. If you guys think hiding and keeping quiet about gun rights is the way to go, please tell me how that is a means to an end? That's exactly what the other side wants.

If you want to keep your gun rights, you BETTER run radio ads and buy billboard space.

Guess why? BECAUSE THE OTHER SIDE IS!! Sure they have the media on their side. That won't change. What we have is logic and sound principles. Use that and let the opinion fall where they may.

But STFU isn't going to win the war.

I commend Ares for taking that approach. Damn glad someone is standing up and not shrinking away. I'd gladly stand by their side to get the message across.

Sure it's easy to sit on the couch and criticize. But don't expect anyone to come to your rescue if you're not willing to stand up and be heard.

Old 06-28-2014, 3:16 PM

Day 3:

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Poly...m_medium=email
Old 06-28-2014, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niviticus View Post
Not saying we should keep quiet, sit back and allow our rights to be taken away. But, If we were going to stand together and make our rights known and publicized. I would see this happening in a more diplomatic way then just calling some news companies up, and showing the world how easy it is for anybody off the street to "build" legal guns. It's the news, you know their going to put a bad twist on things.

PS. I seriously doubt Ares was bringing this to the news to bring attention to our rights. They most likely wanted the media attention to boost their sales. Anybody know more about this that wants to share?
Listen to this man. There's a difference between buying billboards and radio ads to letting the media in to show the whole operation. We all knew home builds fall under a very gray area and some might call it a loophole, so letting the media in is just plain stupid. What they did messed everything up on some many levels. Most of my ARs are home builds. They messed everything up for me. Now I have a bunch of lowers that are truly paperweights. Screw Ares!!
Colt Series 70 1911
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS
Old 06-29-2014, 8:26 AM

Day 4:
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Ares...m_medium=email
Old 06-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfab View Post
Dude, why do you keep schilling Ares and their crap?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:32 PM

If you don't like it SloChicken, your free to move on. Nobody's forcing you to read this thread or comment.

I think a little differently than some of the people who post on here:

1) I won't turn my back on the greater good, all because of some past B.S. This fight is bigger than that.

2) A lot of people here are mad because they feel Ares brought attention when they invited the media in. Well, it's LEGAL! Should we hide what we are doing when it's perfectly legal?
This is a fight to protect our rights. It's much harder to get your rights back, then to defend them.

3) EVERY product I have EVER received from Ares has been a quality product.

4) These are good deals!
Old 06-29-2014, 1:02 PM

Actually they were manufacturing lowers for customers which is illegal. If they had a breach of privacy lately, sorry but no way I'm buying anything from them or sending my info to them
Old 06-29-2014, 1:03 PM

Default Ares Armor Sales ( I know, I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfab View Post
2) A lot of people here are mad because they feel Ares brought attention when they invited the media in. Well, it's LEGAL! Should we hide what we are doing when it's perfectly legal?
It's also LEGAL to drive your car with your feet. Does it mean you SHOULD do it? What you don't understand is that it's something that doesn't need attention and doesn't need fighting. It's not like the Antis had an issue with it and Ares was trying to rectify or fight it. They brought undue attention to something that they need to stay out of. No one asked them or bestowed that right to them.
Colt Series 70 1911
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS

Last edited by phdo; 06-29-2014 at 1:05 PM..
Old 06-29-2014, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercandan View Post
Actually they were manufacturing lowers for customers which is illegal. If they had a breach of privacy lately, sorry but no way I'm buying anything from them or sending my info to them

Really?
I'd like to see your evidence of this.
Old 06-29-2014, 1:24 PM

I preordered a "harpe" upper and got a great price with a coupon code. For the money it has some excellent features. In the past I waited a long time for a product like a lot of you. But, I'll still give them my business. A good deal is a good deal.