Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
A guy at Ammo Bros said that the police departments wont approve people with guns that have aftermarket internals/engravings. He said the prosecutor will charge you with intent. He said sights are okay but anything internal/G2 RIPs will get you extra charges in the event of a CCW shooting. Can anyone confirm?
I have asked a three lawyers (a personal defense lawyer friend, a legal advisor from Legal Shield, and another legal advisor from my CCW legal team called CCW Safe) regarding the subject of modifying your conceal carry. Basically, their answers are pretty much the same.
  1. All modifications on your conceal carry must be approved by your IA. If your IA have no problems with you putting in an after market trigger or new sights, then you're good to go. If you want to know what modifications can be made to your conceal carry, then ask your IA. This would include light attachments and/or lasers. They should have a policy in place that spells out what you can and cannot modify on your conceal carry.
  2. Avoid any engravings or pictures on your conceal carry. It may not be an issue in your criminal case, but it can influence and affect your civil case.
  3. Pay special attention to your local ordinances. If your area does not allow you to have hollow points, then don't have them in your conceal carry.
  4. Regardless if it was a completely justifiable incident, expect your carry gun to be confiscated and dissected (especially in California) if you are involved in a defensive shooting. Again, any after market modifications made to your conceal carry may not be an issue in your criminal case, but it will influence and affect your civil case (especially in California).
  5. Long story short, if you live and conceal carry in California, it's best not to mess with your conceal carry and use the same ammo the local LEOs are using. Again, you may be able to skate by the criminal case unscathed. However, given the current California anti-gun climate and Liberal mindsets, they will do what ever they can to roast you in the civil trail by portraying the criminal a victim.
It sucks trying to conceal carry in California.

- Gomphe
Old 05-28-2017, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member

What about removing the mag disconnect feature from a CA. Shield, as a CCW in Orange County?
Old 05-29-2017, 9:09 AM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
What about removing the mag disconnect feature from a CA. Shield, as a CCW in Orange County?
San Bernardino does not have any formal restrictions, but the words from the instructor were "Please do not disable any factory safeties"

Orange County has traditionally been "Zero changes", but over the last year or so many have been reporting that night sights and lasers/lights are not a problem.

I wouldn't take any chances on the mag disconnect. Buy a free-state Shield and use that one if it is that big of a deal to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
That would seem imprudent. Read the OCSD Terms of License: http://www.ocsd.org/civicax/filebank...x?BlobID=31605
Quote:
Terms Of the License: The license holder shall agree to abide by the following terms for carrying a concealed weapon. Failure to do so shall result in the immediate suspension of the CCW license. Following an investigation by the CCW Licensing Unit into the matter, a determination will be made for re- issuance of the CCW.

8) Restrictions by Act: Any of the following or similar acts while in possession of a firearm shall be considered a violation of the licensee’s general responsibilities as specified below:
m. possessing a weapon altered from its originally approved design, or weapon not listed on the license,
That may be read to mean that, as soon as you remove the mag disconnect, your license is suspended. If so, and you carry, you could have significant problems.
Old 05-29-2017, 1:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
So you'd be okay putting good sights on your gun to make sure you drill the perp in the breadbasket, but if you engrave a spider on your slide you're in big trouble? Does that make any sense whatsoever to you?

This stuff reminds me of the poodle in the microwave stories.
How do you get a poodle in the microwave I can barley fit a chihuahua.
Old 05-29-2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Cut in half ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 7:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Microwaves from the 1970's are a lot bigger.

Robin Williams always used a hamster. Pop goes the weasel.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 05-30-2017, 6:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Microwaves from the 1970's are a lot bigger.

Robin Williams always used a hamster. Pop goes the weasel.
Yes, they were a lot bigger.
Old 05-31-2017, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Poodles are fluffy. Wet them down and they're about the size of a Chihuahua.
Old 05-31-2017, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Poodles are fluffy. Wet them down and they're about the size of a Chihuahua.
Yea but then they come out soggy. And get hard as the cool down.
Old 05-31-2017, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Yea but then they come out soggy. And get hard as the cool down.
It's a poodle.
Old 06-01-2017, 3:27 PM

I'm still curious if I can put an after market slide on my Glock. I don't want to call my IA and give them any ideas on what to restrict as far as mods, but I also don't want to install the slide and risk my permit.
Old 06-01-2017, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvcksails View Post
I'm still curious if I can put an after market slide on my Glock. I don't want to call my IA and give them any ideas on what to restrict as far as mods, but I also don't want to install the slide and risk my permit.
With the constraints you've just put on yourself, you can't put an after market slide on your Glock.
Old 06-01-2017, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Hmm. You don't want to call to clarify or ask permission, and you also don't want to get caught in case it is not allowed. Sounds like you should call.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It's up to your IA. I will advise you not to put an aftermarket slide on your Glock and then put it in the microwave though.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV