Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-04-2009, 7:09 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries
Default Calguns apparel for women

Okay Ladies, I have a question for you regarding womens wear. I'd like to work up some Calguns apparel for those of you that would like to wear CALGUNS.NET apparel.

Specifically shirts or T-shirts I think. Something with an all single color CG logo on the back or front. Also the CALGUNS.NET text on the back or front.
Where on the back or front would be the best placement?

What colors shirts would be best suited and what style?

Styles are bewildering.
Boat neck,
V-neck
Spahgetti strap
Ladies T-shirt (I'm assuming its a different cut than guys)
Tank top
Long sleeve
short sleeve
sleeveless
Scoop neck
Crew neck
Longer length or shorter length?
Racer back

I'm thinking more of a classic fit v-neck T-shirt for when going to the range.

Ideas or suggestions as to where to start?

Thanks,

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 02-04-2009 at 8:13 PM..
Old 02-11-2009, 8:35 PM

this would be a good place to get some ideas... although i think youd be good offering a little something of every flavor. some things work alot better on certain body types than others..

http://www.cafepress.com/lipstickspy
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 AM

Just out of curiosity. Are you going more a cafepress / templet vendor approach? Or something more "designed and manufactured"?

I do work in the fashion industry, and my clientele might skew my perception a bit from the general public.

It would would be nice to have something that is more flatteringly feminine and less so serve as eye candy for men.

Also would you consider something else other than a tee? perhaps a cardigan where it might be a bit more versatile with people who wear different styles? since we tends to be less just tee + jeans type. If there is something that can be fit into number of different styles that people night wear..

This is one example from a brand I work with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaw View Post
I'm Greek and I don't even understand it fully..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia
The AK, Millions of wannabe warlords cannot be wrong!

Last edited by ChibiPaw; 03-16-2009 at 12:47 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 1:03 AM

Mrs 11011500a I think that the tank top and long sleeve is the best way to start. They are the most basic looks just make that they are female shirts. That way you have cool and warm weather covered. As far as color don't just do pink you need a range of colors so I think if you try a poll for the first few colors you will get an idea of what the girls would acually buy. Sounds like a great idea though. Good Luck!

PS if you need a logo how about " In my nightstand I have something that will blow your mind!"
Old 03-16-2009, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11011500a View Post
Mrs 11011500a I think that the tank top and long sleeve is the best way to start. They are the most basic looks just make that they are female shirts. That way you have cool and warm weather covered. As far as color don't just do pink you need a range of colors so I think if you try a poll for the first few colors you will get an idea of what the girls would acually buy. Sounds like a great idea though. Good Luck!

PS if you need a logo how about " In my nightstand I have something that will blow your mind!"
I like options with long sleeves , but tank top is a bad idea.
both reasoning is being of hot brass issues. Sleeves protects arms, tanks doesnt protect areas where it can get quite embarrassing when hot brass falls in, and it happens TOO often. And it adds to the stereotype of gungirl look. (Do we need anymore reinforcements of stereotyping?)

Again, maybe its from my fashion industry background, cafepress styles stuff are pretty boring.

And I strongly agree on not just going directly pink thing. Colorways poll is a great idea. but dont limit yourself just one color per garment! dont forget to add color swatch as a visual guide to the poll. As one person's blue is another person's indigo.

But figure out the colorways after the styling first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaw View Post
I'm Greek and I don't even understand it fully..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia
The AK, Millions of wannabe warlords cannot be wrong!
Old 03-18-2009, 6:36 PM

I just like tanks for summer comming up and won't just wear the shirts to shoot but around town and my town gets really hot when the sun comes out that is the major reason I want a tank. The long sleeve is for shooting.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM

a children's size 5...
pink...
with the logo I designed...

thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 8:04 PM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPaw View Post
Just out of curiosity. Are you going more a cafepress / templet vendor approach? Or something more "designed and manufactured"?

I do work in the fashion industry, and my clientele might skew my perception a bit from the general public.

It would would be nice to have something that is more flatteringly feminine and less so serve as eye candy for men.

Also would you consider something else other than a tee? perhaps a cardigan where it might be a bit more versatile with people who wear different styles? since we tends to be less just tee + jeans type. If there is something that can be fit into number of different styles that people night wear..

This is one example from a brand I work with:
ChibiPaw

I think I'm more designed and manufactured(?) don't know the terminology. I'm a retired Marine Gunnery Sgt. my background is mechanics, aviation and Production, so I'm on unfamiliar ground. I concur with avoiding the eye candy fascinations.

I have artwork I have printed or embroidered onto the fabric. I shop around looking for a decent shirt to apply the artwork and then peddle to the Calgunners at low cost. I send money to CGF from these sales and the sales help promote CALGUNS.NET. The cost to the Calgunners is lower than anything at Cafe Press.

I have been looking for a Fabric Designer (I think) to work with to come up with fabrics with designs woven, dyed into or however its accomplished for making some shirts etc.

Womens wear is a complete puzzle to me as far as what to select for the women shooters. I know long sleeves and something other than a loose neckline for brass to fall into. Also I am aware that pink is not as popular as most think.

I generally buy in quantities, as a conditon of sale, so I'd rather not have a large amount of something no one wants to wear.

That brings me to here and the question I posed. Not many responses but I know there are many women of all ages on this board looking, reading, researching and learning about the politics and firearms.

Yes I'd like something other than a T shirt. Don't you think a Cardigan might be a bit expensive for someone to wear while shooting? Or are you speaking of something to wear away from the range? More casual and to the office type items?

My preference would be for apparel to wear everywhere. Keeping in mind the large demographic and area of California with its cultural differences as well as weather variations I get lost and confused real quick in the womens catalogs.

I'd like something that says Calguns, not so much in text as in style, cut, material and design.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 03-24-2009, 8:28 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopafly View Post
a children's size 5...
pink...
with the logo I designed...

thanks
Soopafly,
Your shirt ought to be coming in any day now.

Regarding the childrens sizes.
You may or may not be aware of the Lead Law recently passed regarding childrens clothing.

Items that are being sold for children use must be certified as lead free.
If the printer buys a shirt from the manufacturer, the mfg'er must certify lead free garment. Then the printer must certify lead free garment prior to them selling it to me.
I didn't research to see if I as the seller to the General Public must certify lead free, I stopped at the step before.

Al second hand stores are in a fix as they have to certify lead free for children also.

Childrens clothing is about to get real expensive thanks to your politicians.

So my friend, I'm afraid the size 5 in your life will go without a Calguns shirt as I do not see any way around this.

The passed Legislation is here.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...14.1-25214.4.2

Call me and we'll kick this around if you like.

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 03-24-2009, 8:42 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
I just like tanks for summer comming up and won't just wear the shirts to shoot but around town and my town gets really hot when the sun comes out that is the major reason I want a tank. The long sleeve is for shooting.
Do you have a favorite tank top with the tag still attached and readable?
What is the material and color?
Also manufacturer would help.

Long sleeve shirts like 100% cotton?
Colors?

Sleeping Fawn Beige or Leaping Fawn Beige?

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 03-24-2009, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
Soopafly,
Your shirt ought to be coming in any day now.
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
Regarding the childrens sizes.
You may or may not be aware of the Lead Law recently passed regarding childrens clothing.

Items that are being sold for children use must be certified as lead free.
If the printer buys a shirt from the manufacturer, the mfg'er must certify lead free garment. Then the printer must certify lead free garment prior to them selling it to me.
I didn't research to see if I as the seller to the General Public must certify lead free, I stopped at the step before.

Al second hand stores are in a fix as they have to certify lead free for children also.

Childrens clothing is about to get real expensive thanks to your politicians.

So my friend, I'm afraid the size 5 in your life will go without a Calguns shirt as I do not see any way around this.

The passed Legislation is here.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...14.1-25214.4.2

Vick
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 9:24 PM

Personally I vote for a couple versions a three quarter sleeve v neck would be nice maybe a tank top version for when its hot but not spaghetti strap. Personally I like purple but maybe something more mellow like light blue or a teal?
Old 03-29-2009, 9:28 PM

I would love to see Calgun apparell for women!
Its very hot where I live in the summer but very cold in the winter time. so, I feel that you might just want to do tanks tees and long sleeves or even 3/4 sleeves just to fit every style.

Cardigans and sweaters are a great way to go if you want the look a little more feminine. and I agree that it should be because I do love guns but I am very "girly girl" when it comes to clothes.

you have a great idea and I'm sure many women would love to wear the line! it comebines fashion with a sport.

for colors: white, black, navy blue.. dark purple.. pink (I suppose).

Let me know how everything turns out and when there will be items up for sale!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 AM

So, personally I would rather wear black than any other color. (Though I will wear dark grey and red from time to time). The fit is what makes it feminine, not being pink or purple or whatever. I prefer my shirts to be a little longer in length, and while cotton is the most breathable I usually like a little other fiber thrown in to make it keep its shape and color.

Here's a few examples of shirts I would love to wear as Calguns wear:

Short sleeved Tshirt

Tank top Style 1

Tank top Style 2

Long sleeve (though it's 100% cotton, not blended)

Long sleeve thermal style

3/4 Sleeve Baseball style

Last edited by Angie; 03-30-2009 at 12:11 PM..
Old 04-08-2009, 4:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

Quote:

I will pay money to see this on a production CalGuns shirt worn by the girls!

As a matter of fact, put me down for 2 of them for the wife when/if this ever comes around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 04-08-2009, 4:51 PM

60% cotton 40% polyester, as far as color you can't go wrong with black and white as the solid color. every female I know will wear either. At least as a start. I don't know what the decal you plan to use looks like so I don't know if the colors clash but The colors I Like to wear are soft blues and light blues sky and so forth. I also like Black white gray and I really don't like any biege its hard to get them in a color that doesn't wash you skin color out. makes a lot of people I know can't wear biege just makes them feel icky when they look in the mirror and look pale. Unfortunately the manufachurers name is wiped out.
Old 05-07-2009, 7:28 PM

I like the 3/4 baseball shirt above. I could for something with some pink on it, but not predominately pink, and I know a lot of women wouldn't want pink anyways. Keep it simple. Black/white.

Love the "I have something in my nightstand that will blow your mind!"