Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 07-15-2015, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Well glad to hear the officer did you a favor. Perhaps she isn't the Gestapo after all.
did someone here say that she was/is?
Old 07-15-2015, 9:38 PM

There isn't enough popcorn at Regal Cinemas for this thread...
Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Just out of curiosity what happened in Utah that caused your CA license to get suspended?

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 07-16-2015, 7:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CavScout View Post
Except for driving on a suspended license...

BTW, some commas would make your post a little easier to read.
...without a front plate, while the passenger is licensed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 07-16-2015, 9:38 AM

Citidel is a cynical man, I like that about you. You seem to be heavily vested in determining the actual time of the pause. You are convinced that an officer would never pause for 5 seconds or longer.

What is the max time that an officer would pause when waiting for a suspect to incriminate himself?
Old 07-16-2015, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Citidel is a cynical man, I like that about you. You seem to be heavily vested in determining the actual time of the pause. You are convinced that an officer would never pause for 5 seconds or longer.

What is the max time that an officer would pause when waiting for a suspect to incriminate himself?
There's no max time, I just doubted, and it turns out with good reason, that it was a five second pause. During a conversation, that's a very long time.

I'm not heavily vested in anything expect the entertainment value of this thread. I actually ridiculed the idea that the pause is significant in any way, even if it did last 5 seconds.

I've had plenty of people tell me they waited, first car at the light, for two or three minutes for the light to change.

At a standard intersection, two to three minutes is several complete light cycles.

People generally suck at estimating time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 07-16-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
There's no max time, I just doubted, and it turns out with good reason, that it was a five second pause. During a conversation, that's a very long time.

I'm not heavily vested in anything expect the entertainment value of this thread. I actually ridiculed the idea that the pause is significant in any way, even if it did last 5 seconds.
On my next traffic stop I'm going to stare at someone for 6 seconds. Just for you.

I'm not an *****, so if they ask why I'll explain it to them.
Old 07-16-2015, 5:27 PM

Make lots of sudden movements. Best thing in this scenario ; )
Old 07-16-2015, 8:32 PM

"Fresno + No front license plate + Driving on suspended DL + "I don't consent to searches" = Vechile searched, towed & impounded.
Plenty of LOL statements in this thread. Thanks for the chuckles.."

Haha, this was the best comment by far in this thread!

OP, as far as feeling bullied from her, you need to grow a pair.

I'm not a LEO. I'm an ER doctor and I work with LEO's bringing people in every single day in the ER. I would say the VAST majority of them are very respectful and very tolerant of the BS that gets dished out to them. I deal with all sorts of crap as an ER doc and I can tell you the LEO's certainly have my respect.

OP, you may want to reflect on how the majority of responses have been towards you here. Do you see a pattern? Reminds me of an saying psychiatrists sometimes say when people don't realize the common problem is in the mirror:

"Sometimes, it is you."
Old 07-19-2015, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
I think the details you left out trying to cut out fat, are the source of what you are considering bashing. It gives the appearance of being evasive by leaving out those details.

Over the years I have had people reply rather strangely or inappropriately to questions or statements I made to them. An example is I'm going to search your vehicle before I tow it, is there anything in there I need to know or be concerned about, and someone pops up with I don't consent to searches. Now I'm not saying that's what happened, but it happens all the time with every human interaction. People tend to hear what they want to hear and not what the actual question was.

The bottom line is that you were either driving without or on a suspended license, DMV error or not the officer acted upon the information at hand at the time. You left information out of your initial post that could have saved you time and grief, and would have gotten you answer's to your initial question much faster. Since the only one here was you we do not know all the fact's as to why she felt uncomfortable, don't know if it was body language, or what.

🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2015, 7:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Officer stares at OP for 5 seconds during a legitimate traffic stop and OP feels slighted and the need to ask about it.

DMV withholds the OP's drivers license even after the OP claims that he did everything necessary to have it reissued and

I can see why someone would stare at the OP with a confused look.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 07-19-2015, 8:04 PM
Calguns Addict

I stared at Citadel's last post for five seconds and it seemed like an eternity.
Old 07-19-2015, 9:36 PM
Calguns Addict

So this thread of four pages boils down to the officer asked him a question, he answered and then the officer stared at him for 1-2-3-4-5 seconds without saying anything...well, cool story bro.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:57 AM

If all fines are paid from Utah, you still have a $60 reinstatement fee from ca DMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2015, 4:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
At a standard intersection, two to three minutes is several complete light cycles.

It's a ten minute cycle during my commute, or my name isn't Alexander Vanderpeeble Bandersnatch III, Esquire.
Old 07-21-2015, 7:13 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I've had plenty of people tell me they waited, first car at the light, for two or three minutes for the light to change.

Not anymore.
The Fed changed the required minimum flashing don't walk times a few years ago (about a 15% increase), and California recently changed the formula for calculating yellow times. The yellow change is minimal, but at locations where the coordination cycle is already running "tight" it can be enough to push the timing plan to the next level.

Because of the FDW times, I have three arterials that run on a MINIMUM cycle time of 110 seconds. During peak periods, the Traffic Responsive program may push that to 140 seconds.

Minimum cycle time that I am currently running at any intersection is 80 seconds, except for two pair downtown that run 55s overnight and 70s in the afternoon.

So no... If you happened to pull up to the light just as it turned red, it very well could be as long as 80 or more seconds before it turns green again, and 3 minutes would most times not even be 2 complete cycles... much less "several"

One of my engineers used to consult for Irvine and they are running 160-180s cycle on their large intersections!
Quote:
True true... 2 minutes is reported as 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 07-23-2015, 9:13 AM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

Quote:

This thread entertains me!

Well, I estimate it took you 2 minutes to formulate a coherent thought and type your response. I factored in your profession and the over 11,500 posts to "estimate" that you may type 70 wpm. I gave you an attorney's pause-for-effect of 30 seconds (you guys like to grandeur ), so...how did I do counselor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 08-13-2015, 5:38 PM

No front plate is great PC for a stop...found lots of dope and guns doing that...i find it interesting that in your original post you didn't state you license was suspended, so she didnt even have to ask...if your GF had a valid license why didnt she drive her truck..now she is punishes because she allowed her unlicensed BF to drive..

Doesn't add up and I am sure your demeanor was sketchy (shaking hands etc, ) as well since you knew your license was suspended..

BTW front license plates are required on every car in the state, except mine LOL
Old 08-14-2015, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgourdik View Post
BTW front license plates are required on every car in the state, except mine LOL
Why is your vehical exempt ? Do you drive a tractor?
Old 08-15-2015, 3:10 AM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Why is your vehical exempt ? Do you drive a tractor?
Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 08-15-2015, 8:09 AM

Someone edited my post. I'd rather it be deleted than to have my statements altered-so I deleted it.

Last edited by SoCal326; 08-17-2015 at 5:42 PM..