Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > California Precision Rifle Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Precision Rifle Club California Precision Rifle Club Forum

Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Default What to expect at a CAPRC match?

Hey everyone!

So im looking at competing on the 25th and was curious what I should expect as well as what should I bring.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
-randy
Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Check out AAR's (after action reports) on the caprc web site in the "monthly matches" area. We post all the past courses of fire along with a bunch of pictures and videos of the various stages. The day typically starts with signup and a safety briefing where you will get a printed out course of fire. You will be given a shooter number. When we start, we break the competitors into groups. Depending on the total number of shooters, we either run "odd numbers shooters" and "even number shooters" as two group. If there are many people, we will break them into 3 squads, "Alpha", "Bravo" and "Charlie."Know your shooter number, write it on the back of your hand, and pay attention for your number or squad to be called to the line. Our matches are pretty low key and fun, feel free to ask anyone questions if your lost or unsure what your supposed to be doing. What to bring:

1) Bipod, sling, and rear bag for support.
2) Rifle
3) Target grade match ammo.
4) Dope from 10 to 600 yards.

Nice to have

1) Shooting mat or other ground cover.
2) Binoculars or spotting scope
3) Elbow and knee pads
4) Drinks and snacks.

The Action

1) Be prepared to shoot from the prone, sitting, kneeling and standing positions with and without support.
2) Be prepared to shoot over, under, around and through barricades or obstacles.
3) Be prepared to engage targets from 10 to 600 yards.
4) Be prepared to shoot strong and weak side.
5) Be prepared to have fun!

Mike
CaPRC Rimfire Match Director
Old 03-11-2012, 7:45 AM

Thanks Mike! Im excited to try this out!
Old 03-18-2012, 9:58 PM

Randee,

My name is Steven Rogers and I will be running the 3/25/12 match. I will tell you that there are not going to be very long shots in this match so if you can hit up Angeles and get dope for 100 to 600 yards, you will be in excellent shape. Times are going to be generous and targets large so it should be noob friendly.

Look for me the morning of the match. I will be there around 7am and I am going to try to get all the steel set up the night before (will see)...

Hope to see you there....