Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-22-2019, 7:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWeaponry View Post
The 8 hour course provides in class training, a lunch break, and range qualification for the firearms you want on your permit. I actually enjoyed the class quite a bit and found it rather interesting. The staff are all great to work with. I would highly recommend doing your training with them. Itís also cheaper then any of the other classes available.
I did mine at Riverside Indoor Shooting Range for about $100. Just curious, what does Ben Clark Training Center charge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
I did mine at Riverside Indoor Shooting Range for about $100. Just curious, what does Ben Clark Training Center charge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Same, $100. Well when I took it back in May it was. Not sure if things have changed.
Old 09-22-2019, 9:15 PM

Itís 100 even at Ben Clark. The places more local to me were charging 200+. I figured all ranges were priced similar but I didnít look as far as riverside. I figured if Iím going to riverside I may as well do it with the sheriffs who issue the permits anyways.
Old 09-23-2019, 6:07 PM

Question: Anyone know if a 5 year old Fail To Appear would get you denied for a CCW?

Explanation: So I have lived in AZ for the past 8 years. I was given a ticket by CA Highway Patrol 5 years ago or so on my Arizona License, when visiting. However the Officer didnt submit the ticket under my AZ DL# and apparently put it under my CA DL# His typo I guess not sure how they submit the ticket to the court system. So at the time I didnt know about the mistake and didnt even think about it because my CA DL should of been expired and or canceled since I had surrendered it to AZ DMV. So basicly when I tried to pay the ticket it never showed up in the system. I contacted the courts several times who told me the court I was originally ticketed for had closed so it was most likely transferred to the new court and there must be a delay with them entering it to get it on the schedule. So to wait a month, so I did and tried to find it every month for 6 months when I just got busy and forgot about it. Fast forward to present I move back to CA go to surrender my AZ DL to CA and find out i have a FTA/Hold Suspension on my DL. I took care of it immediately and got it dismissed by the judge but it still shows on my CA DL under DMV administrative penalties or something like that. My 3 year record shows NO Violations No Accidents No Suspensions though.
Apologizes for the long post, just wanted to explain the circumstances.

Appricate any advice anyone may have.

Excuse typos using my phone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 1:16 PM

Default Car Accident

My father just completed his interview today. He said that one of the questions that he was asked during his interview was if he was in a car accident in the past 5 years. I was wondering, why would that be a serious question and why does that matter? Also, while applying online, I think I was asked about 25 questions to answer "yes" or "no" to and that question popped up. I think I put no but thats because I do not remember if my car accident was in 2015 or 2014. So, no I am worried if 1. I will be rejected because I was involved in a car accident and 2. I will be rejected because I answered "no" online but thats because I do not remember if it was 5 or 6 years ago. This is so dumb, I do not know what to do.
Old 09-27-2019, 9:23 AM

Does anybody know if a loaded chamber indicator delete kit is disallowed on a pistol used for a riverside county ccw? I looked everywhere online. I couldn't find a definitive answer
Old 09-27-2019, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
Does anybody know if a loaded chamber indicator delete kit is disallowed on a pistol used for a riverside county ccw? I looked everywhere online. I couldn't find a definitive answer
You won't get a definitive answer until you get your gun inspected at qualifications. According to the CCW instructions, "Absolutely no modifications shall be made to any weapon, without the approval, and subsequent inspection, of the range master staff located at the Ben Clark Training Center."

However, some people pass inspection in spite of significant modifications to their weapon. Were it me I would go to quals with the gun intact; it's up to you to do what you want afterwards.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:54 AM

I am renewing again and have an appointment for next week. Are the interviews still held out at the Ben Clark training center. I heard they moved them over to Lemon St for awhile but moved them back to Ben Clark? Thanks I decided to read the whole thread and found what I was looking for I think. RSO 16791 Davis Ave. Riverside. Main building 1st. floor. Building has a red roof. If it is wrong please let me know.

Last edited by homelessdude; 09-27-2019 at 12:42 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 5:20 PM

If you haven't had your interview yet, just write up a short statement with apx when and what happened and submit it to your files. Title it Car Accident 2014 or 2015.

I had the same thing and that's what the interviewer had me do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb009 View Post
My father just completed his interview today. He said that one of the questions that he was asked during his interview was if he was in a car accident in the past 5 years. I was wondering, why would that be a serious question and why does that matter? Also, while applying online, I think I was asked about 25 questions to answer "yes" or "no" to and that question popped up. I think I put no but thats because I do not remember if my car accident was in 2015 or 2014. So, no I am worried if 1. I will be rejected because I was involved in a car accident and 2. I will be rejected because I answered "no" online but thats because I do not remember if it was 5 or 6 years ago. This is so dumb, I do not know what to do.
Old 09-27-2019, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_crowther View Post
If you haven't had your interview yet, just write up a short statement with apx when and what happened and submit it to your files. Title it Car Accident 2014 or 2015.

I had the same thing and that's what the interviewer had me do.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I emailed the CCW unit and the guy that responded said that he will take care of it and not to worry. However, I was wondering if a car accident is such a big deal to get me rejected. like mistakes happen and it is just a car accident where no one even got hurt. In fact, the other cars barely had a dent in them.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
I am renewing again and have an appointment for next week. Are the interviews still held out at the Ben Clark training center. I heard they moved them over to Lemon St for awhile but moved them back to Ben Clark? Thanks I decided to read the whole thread and found what I was looking for I think. RSO 16791 Davis Ave. Riverside. Main building 1st. floor. Building has a red roof. If it is wrong please let me know.
The interviews are on davis ave. There is a sign that says stop turn around restricted area. just keep going past that.
Old 10-01-2019, 9:17 AM

Regarding Ben Clark Training compared to other places, you can qual. With up to 6 guns @ $100 total. I think most other places charge $25 per gun extra above 2 or 3 firearms.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:00 PM

38 days start to finish for anyone wondering about the turnaround time right now. Probably 2 weeks of that might have been on me and my schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjfb View Post
Politicians are icky, reporters are icky too. Between the two we all end up feeling sticky and cheap at the end of the night.
Old 10-02-2019, 1:46 PM

Has anyone renewed their CCW lately with the new online program? How long it is taking? How far out are you booking your interview?
Old 10-02-2019, 2:01 PM

Just got the email that I've been approved and have made my final payment. I applied on September 10, so it was 22 days for approval. For future reference, does anyone know the process to add a gun to your CCW? Do I have to contact my investigator and let him know, or do I go straight to the range and qualify?
Old 10-03-2019, 5:03 AM

I think you go here and on the left side is a button for modify an existing ccw permit

https://riversideca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseg1320 View Post
Just got the email that I've been approved and have made my final payment. I applied on September 10, so it was 22 days for approval. For future reference, does anyone know the process to add a gun to your CCW? Do I have to contact my investigator and let him know, or do I go straight to the range and qualify?
Old 10-03-2019, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_crowther View Post
I think you go here and on the left side is a button for modify an existing ccw permit

https://riversideca.permitium.com/ccw/start
Thanks.

I thought it would be easier, just contact and send them the qualification but it looks like you need to enter all of your information again.
Old 10-03-2019, 7:30 AM

Quote:
call your investigator to request for a qualification date (1 Thursday each month for BC, next one is Oct 17th). bring payment for amendment. you'll get a copy of your certificate that you'll upload during your online amendment application.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbphung View Post
call your investigator to request for a qualification date (1 Thursday each month for BC, next one is Oct 17th). bring payment for amendment. you'll get a copy of your certificate that you'll upload during your online amendment application.

Is there a link to where I can see the qualification dates and times?
Old 10-05-2019, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately only the staff have that information. You can try to call and get on the list for the class. Typically that information is given to you during your interview.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 10-16-2019, 2:45 PM

Many thanks to this sub for the wealth of information. Picked up my permit yesterday. Sucks I have to do it all over again for OC when I have to move next month.

Application: 8/27
Interview: 9/17
Livescan submitted: 9/30
Livescan completed: 10/02
Qualifications: 10/12 rescheduled from 9/28
Final Approval and Pickup: 10/15
Old 10-16-2019, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinelascal View Post
Many thanks to this sub for the wealth of information. Picked up my permit yesterday. Sucks I have to do it all over again for OC when I have to move next month.

Application: 8/27
Interview: 9/17
Livescan submitted: 9/30
Livescan completed: 10/02
Qualifications: 10/12 rescheduled from 9/28
Final Approval and Pickup: 10/15
If you are moving why did you apply?

ďNever argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.Ē

― Mark Twain
Old 10-17-2019, 3:58 PM

I got the call today. from start to finish it took 51 days to complete the process. The only crappy part is that Im unable to take a day off from work for the next 3 weeks. So the permit will have to sit and wait until Im able to pick it up.
Old 10-17-2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
there's still 6 spots available for November 7th. range time is 8am. no fee for Ben Clark, you just pay amendment during online application.

Old 10-18-2019, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbphung View Post
there's still 6 spots available for November 7th. range time is 8am. no fee for Ben Clark, you just pay amendment during online application.

Considering I would have to take at least 3 hours off work to be able to get it done at Ben Clark, I just went ahead and did it at my local gun range that's literally like down the street from work for $20 bucks.
Old 10-18-2019, 3:48 PM

Default LCI disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
I don't think that they would know as they do not put a live round or even a snap cap in the chamber when checking and inspecting.

I disabled the one in my S&W Shield several years ago when I had it on my CCW and went through the inspection. I was told by an acquaintance that I might get sued if I ever got into a shooting because I disabled a safety device. I told him that the safety device tells me that the chamber is loaded and since I ONLY carry with the chamber loaded, it was redundant. If I ever get into a shooting I figure that I am going to get sued no matter what just as LEO do so it doesn't matter to me. At least I'm around to get sued and not dead.

This firearm contains LEAD, a substance known to cause Great Bodily Injury or Death.
Old 10-18-2019, 3:56 PM

Default Accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb009 View Post
Because an accident is an accident. 3 accidents may mean something else. They also ask on the form to list all traffic citations in the last 5 years. Many traffic citations are only infractions but they may show a pattern of carelessness or not giving a crap of basic traffic laws.

This firearm contains LEAD, a substance known to cause Great Bodily Injury or Death.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarosa View Post
You won't get a definitive answer until you get your gun inspected at qualifications. According to the CCW instructions, "Absolutely no modifications shall be made to any weapon, without the approval, and subsequent inspection, of the range master staff located at the Ben Clark Training Center."

However, some people pass inspection in spite of significant modifications to their weapon. Were it me I would go to quals with the gun intact; it's up to you to do what you want afterwards.
Bad advice! Do NOT make any modifications to your carry weapon that have not been approved prior to your qualification. Any modifications to the weapon after it has been inspected and qualified with may render that weapon to be not in compliance with the sheriff's rules and regulations regarding CCW. That non-compliant weapon would then subject you to having your CCW revoked.

DON'T DO IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 10-19-2019, 8:17 PM

Can anyone point me in the right direction for adding a new handgun to my existing permit? I see the ccw website has an option for modifying current permit but it looks like a fresh application, so would I only need to qualify with the new handgun? How fast is this process?
Old 10-20-2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDER View Post
Question: Anyone know if a 5 year old Fail To Appear would get you denied for a CCW?

Explanation: So I have lived in AZ for the past 8 years. I was given a ticket by CA Highway Patrol 5 years ago or so on my Arizona License, when visiting. However the Officer didnt submit the ticket under my AZ DL# and apparently put it under my CA DL# His typo I guess not sure how they submit the ticket to the court system. So at the time I didnt know about the mistake and didnt even think about it because my CA DL should of been expired and or canceled since I had surrendered it to AZ DMV. So basicly when I tried to pay the ticket it never showed up in the system. I contacted the courts several times who told me the court I was originally ticketed for had closed so it was most likely transferred to the new court and there must be a delay with them entering it to get it on the schedule. So to wait a month, so I did and tried to find it every month for 6 months when I just got busy and forgot about it. Fast forward to present I move back to CA go to surrender my AZ DL to CA and find out i have a FTA/Hold Suspension on my DL. I took care of it immediately and got it dismissed by the judge but it still shows on my CA DL under DMV administrative penalties or something like that. My 3 year record shows NO Violations No Accidents No Suspensions though.
Apologizes for the long post, just wanted to explain the circumstances.

Appricate any advice anyone may have.

Excuse typos using my phone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
This appears to be a legitimate mistake which you tried repeatedly to remedy. As long as your completely truthful and accurate in reporting the circumstances surrounding the FTA then it is unlikely that it would result in a denial. Doesn't mean that you can't be denied for other reasons but you'll certainly get a denial for moral character if you are not completely forthcoming regarding this issue. Tell them everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instajc556 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction for adding a new handgun to my existing permit? I see the ccw website has an option for modifying current permit but it looks like a fresh application, so would I only need to qualify with the new handgun? How fast is this process?
Yep, you're going to have to completely fill out that entire form again. And yes, you will also have to qualify with that pistol as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 11-06-2019, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up Riverside Co Gun Owners PAC!

San Diego Co Gun Owners PAC was behind getting Sheriff Gore to liberalize CCW issuance. In 2 years they've increased the number of CCWs by 10x!

Now there's a sister organization for Riverside Co. Be sure to share this info with friends, family, shooting buddies, etc. Joining them is an important step to ensuring continued liberal issuance of CCWs and to stop anti 2nd A local ordinances (county or city).

For more info, see:
https://www.facebook.com/RiversideCountyGunOwners/
https://riversidecountygunowners.com/

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 11-06-2019, 7:14 PM

Is this Red Flag bait?
Old 11-15-2019, 1:58 AM

Has anyone added a gun to their permit through Ben Clark? I understand they do modification quals first thursday of each month if I remember correctly. Does anyone know if they issue the modified permit same day?

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 11-15-2019, 8:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cable Guy View Post
Has anyone added a gun to their permit through Ben Clark? I understand they do modification quals first thursday of each month if I remember correctly. Does anyone know if they issue the modified permit same day?

Got my modified permit about a week later