Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 09-29-2016, 7:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Intro to Competitive Handgun Shooting -USPSA at the Richmond Rod and Gun Club Nov 9th

Are you interested in learning about the Action Pistol Sports.
Well this 1 Day Introduction class to USPSA will be your perfect opportunity to learn about the sport.

"The Mr Shooter "Splits & Transitions" Action Pistol Shooting course teaches gun handling skills that develops a stronger knowledge of shooting skills. You'll learn from Master Class USPSA shooter Manuel Newman about the understanding of time and speed. If you're looking to improve your gun handling skills on a outdoor shooting range, sign up now."

This class will introduce you to some of the basic skills needed in the Action Pistol matches.

Who Is this forr: The experienced shooter who has taken a few Regular pistol classes and has always been interested in the Action Pistol sports.
New shooters to USPSA that might have shot a match or two but still need some help..
Requirement:
Be able to exhibit safe gun handling skills.
Able to draw from a holster safely.
If you have never used a holster this class is probably not for you.

9mm or better with Kydex Holster and 4 Mag Carriers.

At least 4 Magazines.
400 Rounds of Ammunition.
Hearing protecting and Saftey Classes.

Cost is 175.00

8 students Min
12 Students Max

PM me with Questions
Old 10-18-2016, 8:46 PM
Vendor/Retailer

3 spots left
Old 11-09-2016, 10:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This was a great class today. I learned so much from Mr. Shooter and now it's a matter of practicing what I learned. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who even thinks about competition shooting. Manny worked with each individual, identified weaknesses, and provided amazing advice for each individual to increase speed and shoot more accurately. I was able to immediately correct my weaknesses and cut my holster draw time by 40% from Manny's instructions. I was able to understand splits and transitions and now have the knowledge to improve and execute efficiently. Not only can I apply what I learned for future competition, but it can be applied in a life and death situation. Thanks Manny! Looking forward to learn more from you!

Stan

Last edited by smak28; 11-10-2016 at 8:25 AM..
Old 12-11-2016, 12:02 PM

Is this class going to be offered again anytime soon?

Is this similar to the "Safe Handgunner" class scheduled for January 21st or is that a non-competitive class?
Old 12-11-2016, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post

Is this similar to the "Safe Handgunner" class scheduled for January 21st or is that a non-competitive class?
safe handgunner is probably just a safety class
- Maximum Capacity: 2
Old 12-11-2016, 3:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post

The safe handgunner is different and is a beginner's class. This class is definitely not for beginners (my definition of beginner is someone who have not learned to draw from holster safely and efficiently, cannot shoot double taps, and cannot shoot at longer distances). This class is for shooters who already can draw from holster safely and efficiently and can shoot double taps fairly decently IMHO. However, not saying a beginner cannot learn anything as there definitely is a lot to learn but believe this class is too advanced for a "beginner".

Last edited by smak28; 12-11-2016 at 3:43 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 6:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

If you are interested in a Intro to USPSA class contact Manuel at "czmanuel@mrshooter.com."

"He can give you dates for the next class."