Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-03-2019, 8:24 AM

Default Yolo County

Hello,

I've read through the threads on Yolo County and also read the Yolo CCW policy. I was thinking of applying, but have come to the conclusion to just sell my house and get out of the county.

I'm a retired AF Reserve Officer and currently a Fed employee with a high end security clearance. I can satisfy all of their requirements, EXCEPT the subjective good cause.

I haven't seen any follow-up threads (maybe I missed them) for those that applied under the new Sheriff?

Thanks! JT
Old 10-03-2019, 8:30 AM

Some clarification of what good cause is would help. It shouldn't be that hard to apply...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 8:46 AM

Default Yolo Policy

IApplying is easy - do it online.

Policy 205 from Yolo County: Show good cause for the issuance of the license (Penal Code § 26150; Penal Code §26155).

Examples of valid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited toa)Victim's of violent crime and/ or documented threats of violence(b)Business owners who carry large sums of cash or valuable items.(c)Business owners who work all hours in remote areas and are likely to encounter dangerous people and situations•

Examples of invalid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited toa)Recreation in remote areas(b)Hunting or fishing(c)Self-protection and protection of family without credible threat of violence(d)Employment in the security field, i.e. security guard, body guard, VIP protection(e)Personal safety due to job conditions or duties placed on the applicant by their employer.

By the way, the policy states they can request a psych test. Also, a poly. All kinds of stuff in that policy to prevent issuance.
Old 10-03-2019, 8:49 AM

Just wondering if there has been any success? Thanks.
Old 10-03-2019, 8:50 AM

Love how they say "business owners" but I guess that means $$$..also find that working in the private protection field is viewed as not a valid reason.

Old 10-03-2019, 8:51 AM

I haven't really met anyone who's succeeded yet.

Old 10-03-2019, 8:56 AM

That's what I thought. Got it. Thanks for the reply!

I'll give my property tax dollars to a county that supports the 2A.
Old 10-03-2019, 9:01 AM

Yes I had hoped we would be more 2nd friendly with the new sheriff, but it's business as usual.

Old 10-03-2019, 9:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5usf View Post
I've read through the threads on Yolo County and also read the Yolo CCW policy. I was thinking of applying, but have come to the conclusion to just sell my house and get out of the county.
Sheriffs in liberal counties may leave up an old restrictive policy on the web even after they've liberalized issuance, for a variety of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarcia68 View Post
Yes I had hoped we would be more 2nd friendly with the new sheriff, but it's business as usual.

How many of you guys even showed up at the event in post #303 at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=352822&page=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarcia68 View Post
I haven't really met anyone who's succeeded yet.
Have you even gone thru that last page of posts and read my quote from Kodeman (post #312)?

Quote:
So I just renewed my ccw again with yolo end of August . After the interview process I asked the Sargent I was interviewing with a few questions about if the policy has changed or not . He said they will still deny people that come in saying they want ccw for self defense if they give no other reasons . They want reasons why YOU think YOU need to carry a gun . The way he described it , it sounds like if you go in there and say you do this or that which could make you a potential target and you’re cleared to carry that they’ll issue one . He urged me to tell family and friends to come apply that they don’t like denying people .
The OP of this thread -- a newbie so I'll cut him some slack -- thinks it's easier to "just" move???

Just frickin' apply, folks! What's the worst thing that could happen: you'd be denied and still move? So frickin' what? A denial for lack of GC won't affect your app to your new sheriff. They'll want to know about it so they can make sure it was a denial for only GC and not also GMC or something else.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 10-03-2019 at 9:54 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm not afraid of being denied and of course there are other reasons to move besides the carry permit. Oh, and thanks for cutting me some slack.

I don't really know of any reasons other than my military officer oath - I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States Air Force, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all enemies, Foreign and domestic, that I bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God. I still have indefinite status. I don't want to make stuff up.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have been told from some people I know that the new Sheriff was not going to be like that idiot we had previously but I also have not spoken to anyone that has attempted to apply recently either.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Thanks. I may apply. Just not sure how to properly state good cause. I'll research it some more and think about it.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm not afraid of being denied and of course there are other reasons to move besides the carry permit. Oh, and thanks for cutting me some slack.

I don't really know of any reasons other than my military officer oath - I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States Air Force, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution Of the United States against all enemies, Foreign and domestic, that I bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God. I still have indefinite status. I don't want to make stuff up.
Do you EVER buy gas in a bad part of town late at night or before dawn? Do you EVER withdraw cash at ATMs late at night or before dawn? Do you EVER walk your dogs late at night or before dawn? Do you ever go hiking/biking in parks/forests/etc with spotty cell coverage? Do you have a physical disability (heart disease) that makes fighting or fleeing untenable? BE CREATIVE! (But don't lie/make stuff up.) THINK!!!

Again, since you're a newbie I'll go the extra mile: read over at least 3x -- once just to read over, once to read closely and take notes, last time to review before submitting your app to ensure you didn't miss anything -- the first 3 posts at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924 That's for CoCoCo, a yellow county and far harder to get a CCW from than Yolo (probably light green under Lopez).

YOU CAN DO THIS! Go get your Yolo Co CCW now! (But don't have that attitude during your interview. )

And thanks for your service.

Outta here until tomorrow.

ETA: but you have to update us (or at least me via Private Messaging) (see top right area of forum's web page), so that we/I can help others in Yolo Co. If you get issued, encourage your friends, family, coworkers, church friends, shooting buddies, etc. to also apply, esp women.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 10-03-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Keep us posted!

Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM

Thanks. Let's see, I am a disabled vet from a broken ankle and 3 hernias. Flight is harder for me. I think I get it. Will research more (including your data). Thank you again. JT
Old 10-10-2019, 9:38 AM

Just apply! I personally talked with CCW issuance and they say they DONT like denying people. Yes, Yolo’s written policy isn’t the best IMO but to living on Internet forums feeding on false info from people that don’t know themselves. Just apply!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:36 PM

Well how is it going any information
Old 10-18-2019, 4:07 PM

I applied online this past Monday. My interview is 29 Oct. I need to find out where it is - don't recall the location. JT
Old 10-18-2019, 8:16 PM

Quote:
I applied online this past Monday. My interview is 29 Oct. I need to find out where it is - don't recall the location. JT
Wow that was fast so now when you go in for the interview they just review your app make sure all information is correct and do you tell them your cause in person or was that done on your app. Sorry for asking so many questions I’m going to apply for mine as soon as I pick up my new pice on the 24th. Do you have Instagram?
Old 10-19-2019, 8:20 AM

Sammy,
I assume they go over the entire application with me - will know soon enough. The app has a good cause section (I uploaded mine in pdf format). I also uploaded docs that backed up my good cause statements (i.e., military service, military disabilities/injuries and other stuff). Unfortunately, I don't do twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. - I like to have a small social media footprint. You can PM me here. Will keep you all informed. Thanks.