Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 09-22-2008, 8:43 PM

Default 600 Yard Camp Pend.Championship

Well, sounds like a terrific match. How come not one person I know knew anything about any awards or BBQ before the day of the event?
John,
I specifically asked in a previous post whether there were going to be awards and you said, and I quote, "It is the same 600 yd match as always, we are advertising that we are F class compatible is all.". How come shooters from Arizona knew about it and regular local Pendleton shooters were apparently stonewalled?
Old 09-22-2008, 9:06 PM

Default Thanks to SMGC!

I just want to say thanks to SMGC and all the members for the warm hospitality extended to us Arizona shooters this week. It was a very well run match with just enough wind to make it interesting, a great facility and great people. We capped of the road trip with a day of Smallbore at LAR&R, but it was anti-climactic after the 3x600. We'll be back!

You can see some of our pictures here: http://usera.imagecave.com/phxhighpo...mpPendleton08/

German Salazar
Old 09-23-2008, 6:26 AM

efault Camp Pendleton Championship and Team Matches
Hello All,

We wanted to let you know that " Hockey Pucks and Rollers ", as DLJ likes to call them, will be provided after the Matches this Saturday; along with the "amber nectar of the gods" ( no, not sippin' whiskey). If you prefer to burn something of your own choosing (road kill from the morning drive in), a BBQ or two will be burning and available.

Please encourage wives, children and other friendly animals to show up (if you like them enough) at the end for the awards and festivities.

Cigar smoking is encouraged, however scratching in public will not be tolerated.

Thank you. Carry on.

SMGC Board of Directors

I don't know Martin as this is the post I put up ahead of the weekend. It was read by everyone else including the guys from AZ. You tell me!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 6:30 AM

You are most welcome German, we look forward to seeing you guys out again soon. Your group was quite festive and we all appreciate the photos you posted. Thanks for coming and congratulations.

John
Old 09-24-2008, 8:42 PM

I think there is alot of shooters that didn't know about it. Do you get all the email traffic that is send out by Van Texas or anyone else?
Old 09-24-2008, 9:40 PM

Are the final scores going to be posted somewhere?Here or the
SMGC site?
Old 09-24-2008, 9:50 PM
Calguns Addict

I knew about the BBQ, but because it was posted in another section on this forum a couple days prior.

What I never understood is why announcements aren't made centrally on the SMGC website (santamargaritagunclub.org) instead of solely via email or on the Calguns web forum. As a club, it would make sense to post all information and announcements on the official website, instead of other non-club controlled web resources.

It's not even a sense of who has the knowledge of updating a website. Use a CMS or even something as simple as Wordpress so non-HTML savvy people can login as authoritative users who can make content changes or additions such as important announcements.

Note: Over a year ago I did offer to help update the SMGC website (before the current one was put up) for free, even though I wasn't even a member. Then I guess a few months after my initial offer was made, it was made known that someone else was given the task of the site redesign. That was fine with me, but I was a bit disappointed because it was still a 'static' content design.

I'm not trying to be overly critical or being bitter about it. I'm just making constructive comments of how an organization's official website should function as a primary resource for organization information.

Now my local shooting club's website on the other hand, the Inland Fish and Game, I am bitter about. The website is just horrible as far as design and information are concerned. I had offered several times to redesign the club's site to something that people would actually find useful, but got the run around. If I have to click on a Java applet button just to get past the entry page, there's a serious problem in the design.

Anyway, the 3x600 was run smoothly and the after match BBQ was good. Much thanks for a good event. I plan on being out there this Saturday for the 80 round aggregate.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

https://www.ocabj.net
Old 09-25-2008, 6:30 AM

Hi Johnathan,

I would like to take you up on your offer, I never knew about your interest and would like to discuss further. Your suggestions are actually what myself and the Board would prefer.

John
Old 09-26-2008, 9:37 AM

How the heck do you join this gun club?
Old 09-28-2008, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerD View Post
How the heck do you join this gun club?
GunerD-here is the contact info for the membership guy.
Membership Chair: Van Texas USN (Ret), vanmil1@cox.net