Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 10:08 PM

Default Locals will speak against new shop

A new shop is planned for a location in the strip mall on Ashwood Ave in Ventura. The name on the banner is Red Seal Arms.
There are some locals who will be speaking out against this shop on Wednesday at the College Area Community Council meeting at 7 PM.

Some of there comments:
"I am absolutely opposed to a gun store"

"I am all for business development, but this kind of business has no place in a nice neighborhood..."

"...make known that our opposition to more inappropriate businesses ... because they will force out community serving businesses"

"Happy to do what we can to prevent it from opening there"

If you live in any of the neighborhoods surrounding the college, perhaps you should try to attend. I'm hoping to show up and hear what oppositions these folks have. Hopefully the Owner will attend.
Old 05-27-2014, 2:01 AM

I'm in the area and I will be attending.

What do they do at this College Area Community Council? Will we be hearing from reasonable people? Will we get a chance to refute these hysterical gossips?

Dudley House basement right?

I'm sure they didn't raise a fuss when the smoke shop or "massage" shack opened up but lawdy! Those evil guns!

Did you get in contact with the owner?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:23 PM

Yes Dudley House.

From what I hear so far, there is opposition. Seems most has to do with proximity to college and pre-school. There have been some people, including myself, trying to quell the nonsense. Unfortunately, I cannot go, but hope there are at least a few there with some sense.

As far as I know, it's a done deal. If the new owner already has a lease and a business permit, all this will be is a waste of time.

If you go, please report back what you hear. If I find a way to make it, then I suppose I will do the same.
Old 05-28-2014, 1:45 PM

Gotcha. I will be seeing if I can find my camera to record any lunacy.

Anyone else going tonight?
Old 05-28-2014, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCIII View Post
Some of there comments:
"I am absolutely opposed to a gun store"

"I am all for business development, but this kind of business has no place in a nice neighborhood..."

"...make known that our opposition to more inappropriate businesses ... because they will force out community serving businesses"

"Happy to do what we can to prevent it from opening there"

The DUMBASS is strong with that bunch.

Sooo
... HOW'D that RINO work out for ya'... AGAIN!
Old 05-28-2014, 2:26 PM

I assume you will be there war wagon?
Old 05-30-2014, 1:58 AM

Well it was a total feelings circle jerk. Only bright side was that the Ventura Police Dept rep was neutral and gave some good facts but it didn't sway the 30 or so soccer moms, effeminate men, businessman with their own intentions, and old timers. Feelings > Facts like always.

The game was rigged from the start. While waiting for the basement door to be opened. The old guy heading the meeting was talking to 2 old gossips and they were talking about the usual thing

"If you're not hunting why do you need a gun?" While giving a typical ball busting look as if she was giving the Lords word.

Two reporters were in attendance. Some independent rag and the Ventura Star.

The independent reporter had a clammy limp handshake btw.

Meeting started with about 20 or so people and eventually filled up to probably 35 or so. Some were in and out just wondering what was going on and they promptly left.

7:00 PM

Meeting starts old man says his name as Steve Cummings (sp?). Blah blah blah sign this put your email if you want to be on the list. Mentions the gun thing will be after a few things on the agenda. Also mentioned that the store already had its license so it was basically a done deal.

7:04 PM
Kathy Bremer (sp?) does some C average presentation on a smoke ordnance. Some notes I took.

"Emphasis on for the children"

"Prominent signs that show the ordinance"
Basically if some one is smoke bullying you the reasoning was that you can point to the sign to the baby murderer killing with second hand smoke.

Smokers wouldn't get individual citations since the police are "too busy" for that nonsense but the property owner would get a citation fine if it was private.

She hate smoke shops so put pressure on the licensees dept even if people jump through all the hoops to get one.

Than they rambled on about the evils of E-cigs and wanted more ordinances. Women are crying and weeping about why isn't uncle sugar doing something and they "feel" more should be done.

Thankfully around 7:25 the presentation ends.

tbc
Old 05-30-2014, 2:21 AM

around 7:30 some old timer Rob Corley gives a history lesson about Ventura back in the day. Interesting rambling lecture didn't take too many notes

It was interesting to note that he mentioned that people were self reliant and didn't care for much outside of making a living and being left alone. Not now a days I guess in Ventura County.

Around 7:45

After his lecture Steve went on to talk about the person who gave the store the license (Jeff Lambert)would not be able to make it. ( Dont blame him probably used it as an excuse to stay away from these people) He did leave "notes" for Steve to read with some info.

-Individual applied for license around January
Much outrage and crys from audience "why are we just learning about this now?" "THERE SHOULD BE A LAW..." so on and so on.

-Typical gun store licenses to sell new guns, ammo, and "used" dealer
When people were explained it was like a pawn shop they gasped and assume like if like a tv show. "STOLEN GUNS" , "MY KIDS" , "AMMO WILL BLOW UP"

Now to give credit while all the sheep were braying. Steve steered the conversation to VPD Commander/Detective? Marc Stadler to calm them down.

Marc Stadler was professional and gave some facts about how in his 27 years no instance of crime and that FFL stores dont give too much trouble in Ventura outside of a robbery near down town where they crashed a car into a store to rob it. Said that Store front gunshop rarely give trouble to the community.
-mentioned the background checks and all the licenses a ffl owner has to do.
-have to go through the ATF, CaDOJ, Ventura County, Ventura Franchise tax board yada yada just to run a business.
-Hardening up the shop steel braces, cameras, signage ordinance

The crowd made a big deal about the signage and if they could complain if they werent in compliance (favorite word to be used in calguns)

He mentioned something about FFLs from "home" were sort of a problem but didnt get any info from that. Much outrage about selling evil guns from your house same thing about "my children" and "there should be a law" cries from the usual folk.
Old 05-30-2014, 2:45 AM

Later when they are talking about how to stop this evil businessman a man starts giving ideas that he got from the website of the law center to prevent gun violence. (never heard of them but a pox on them anyways)

Basically some anti gun org that "helps" local cities harass gun owners.

Notes
-gave him info about 16 FFLs in Ventura County storefront and home. They gasped when they heard this. SIXTEEN.

Guy starts talking about how they should all write a letter to the property owner which was followed by cries of "IS THE PROPERTY OWNER EVEN FROM VENTURA" I want to emphasize on how hostile these type of people are to "outsiders". Community my *** its just a bunch of uptight people thinking less of "outsiders"

The guy suggests they get CMH (community memorial hospital) on it. Also ask Ventura College to weigh in (some VC faculty woman was actually present there and chimed in that she asked the college cops their opinion and said WELL IF THE COPS WHO DO IT FOR A LIVING THINK THAT..basically nothing constructive) and the supervisor for the preschool/church next to the College Square was there too to give her two cents. (basically just wanted to be informed)

Say what you will but these anti gun people are organized.

Now while I'm sitting there trying to figure out what this guys play is in all this he soon reveals himself as one of seven owners of Rincon Consutants.

http://www.rinconconsultants.com/

So I dont know what his deal was but the conversation of course went to violence and gun deaths and the guy quotes from the info he got about "Rahm Emmanuel" and what Chicago did (had a lot of gun violence despite their anti gun laws) but that wasnt even mentioned of course. Lots of head nodding how Ventura should be like Chicago (no thanks)

Now if I hear someone quoting Rahm Emmanuel as something good I'm heading for the exits and becoming the next Jeremiah Johnson but I had to stay since I told you guys I was going.

Concerns were raised by some retard bliss ninny on how she read about gun ordinances near school 1000 ft rule and all that if thats breaking the law if people are buying guns and taking them to their vehicles.

Steve forwarded to VPD Marc and he had an incredulous look but stayed calm and said in the course of their business it was not breaking the law.

Women wouldn't here it insisted that they were breaking the law and if they could call if they saw anything.

tbc.
Old 05-30-2014, 2:55 AM

Last of my notes are smeared from my spittle as I was convulsing from all the stupidity in the room.

Lady kept asking they could call the police if they saw something (every day) would help remove and again VPD Marc kept it cool beans by saying no crying wolf would not help but maybe you could introduce yourselves to the owner and suggest a good neighbor policy or something.

By this time they want to know who the owner is and from Jeff Lamberts notes they get the info on the guy and his number.

Now people are suggesting they should call him and some are wondering if it was legal to just give that info out.

Some are saying dont all call him as that could be construed as harassment.

that's all I could read from my chicken scratch notes.

I just want to say that I hope my info helped in some way or if it gave you a laugh cool. Btw during the meeting I got informed that Taco De Mexico near St Bonnie is moving into the Old Vienna next year.

Have a good weekend guys.

Last edited by Schimdy; 05-30-2014 at 3:01 AM..
Old 05-30-2014, 7:15 AM
Banned

I do laundry in that shopping center. I was hoping in doing laundry while buying ammo.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersandguns View Post
I do laundry in that shopping center. I was hoping in doing laundry while buying ammo.
Awesome
Old 06-13-2014, 1:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Ventura has always been a granola eating, left leaning, beatnick type of town. Not suprising but Im glad to see another gunstore. Ill have to drop by.
Old 06-13-2014, 9:28 PM

Is it open?
Old 06-13-2014, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the info BCIII, and to Schimdy for the play-by-play.
Old 06-23-2014, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimdy View Post
Last of my notes are smeared from my spittle as I was convulsing from all the stupidity in the room.

Lady kept asking they could call the police if they saw something (every day) would help remove and again VPD Marc kept it cool beans by saying no crying wolf would not help but maybe you could introduce yourselves to the owner and suggest a good neighbor policy or something.

By this time they want to know who the owner is and from Jeff Lamberts notes they get the info on the guy and his number.

Now people are suggesting they should call him and some are wondering if it was legal to just give that info out.

Some are saying dont all call him as that could be construed as harassment.

that's all I could read from my chicken scratch notes.

I just want to say that I hope my info helped in some way or if it gave you a laugh cool. Btw during the meeting I got informed that Taco De Mexico near St Bonnie is moving into the Old Vienna next year.

Have a good weekend guys.
Thanks Schimdy!! I appreciate you going. I was unfortunately out of town otherwise i would've showed up. We need to start showing up in numbers, peacefully, and with facts, (as we always do) to "edumacate" the left!!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 AM

California is beautiful and I always enjoy my visits there but I enjoy leaving and returning to the land of (relative) sanity even more.

I don't know how you guys can stand to be there on a daily basis.

It seems like every day I'm reading reports of the craziness you have to deal with.
Old 06-25-2014, 7:22 AM

Just an FYI, but my mother runs that preschool, and she is not in the anti group. My bros and I grew up shooting. No worries there.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 PM

Is the store open? If so, I must stop in on my next travel to that region. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to support a local business that upsets the Nanny Crowd. I don't care if it is simply a box of 3X overpriced .22 shells; to those leftist commie, soiled panty liberals, their grief is my hobby!
Old 06-28-2014, 4:21 PM

My great, great town

Old 09-01-2014, 9:46 PM

Yes, the shop is open. As far as appealing to the "community", it couldn't be much worse. A lot of AKs hanging on the wall and tattooed clerks. Two obviously evil and scary things!

As far as you and I go, could be better. A variety of handguns, decent selection. A so-so selection of rifles. Limited ammo. No reloading supplies (when I was there).

My opinion is that they will not last. They don't have the right inventory. The guys there seemed pretty decent and knowledgeable. I think they would do better to change up their rifle inventory. Carry more ammo, add some reloading supplies and maybe some tools and accessories.

I sure miss Rob's shop.
Old 09-01-2014, 9:53 PM

Thanks for the update
Old 09-02-2014, 5:34 PM

BTW, Rincon Consultants does a lot of work for cities and the county. They make a lot of their money from *your* tax dollars. They also do work for many big land developers. I'm not sure what their angle would be on going against a gun shop - other than I haven't known too many "Environmental Scientists" that would be sympathetic to shooters - and IMHO they tend to view the world as something that should be controlled, planned, managed and regulated.

I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater.
-Milton Friedman

What kind of government do you guys got here? This is worse than California.
-Woody Allen, Sleepers