Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 11-03-2009, 2:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Austin, Texas Republic (Ex Fremont, peoples republic California)
Default Recommand a low to mid tier CRM software?

Have a friend doing some consulting work. The client was using a custom in house program but they need to goto the next level. However, they are to small for SAP or Peoplesoft/Vantive..

Any suggestions? He is looking for something to track customer support cases, bugs/defects/enhancements tracking. Also would need to generate reports in Excel or Crystal reports..

I found this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ware_companies

TIA
Old 11-03-2009, 3:30 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

It's either cheap, or easy to set up.

Pick one.

SAP and Oracle's PeopleSoft is THE cream of the crop.

That said, both solutions are very expensive. But really good.

Your free option (free in terms of software cost, anyway) is SugarCRM. This solution, unless you go with a hosted provider, will require a decent amount of time to install, configure and manage *SECURELY*. There are plenty of plugins available for Sugar to increase it's functionality, many of which are quite cool. I'm in the middle of trying to implement a solution like this for my employer, and overall, it looks like it'll do what we need it to do. The only thing that I haven't looked up yet is the report generation that you're looking for.

If you're using this *solely* for bug tracking and customer support, you're searching for the wrong thing.

You want a help-desk management type-system, such as TrackIt (which I've worked with, and which I really do like).
Old 11-06-2009, 4:06 PM

You can take a look at http://www.commitcrm.com/

We're a small IT outfit and we use that for ticket tracking, scheduling, etc.
Old 11-10-2009, 4:28 PM

we've used sugar at my company for 2-3 users - free but slow and hard to manage. it will do what you are looking for tho. we've since upgraded to salesforce and tho expensive, is one of the best I've used and can be accessed remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
It's either cheap, or easy to set up.

Pick one.

SAP and Oracle's PeopleSoft is THE cream of the crop.

That said, both solutions are very expensive. But really good.

Your free option (free in terms of software cost, anyway) is SugarCRM. This solution, unless you go with a hosted provider, will require a decent amount of time to install, configure and manage *SECURELY*. There are plenty of plugins available for Sugar to increase it's functionality, many of which are quite cool. I'm in the middle of trying to implement a solution like this for my employer, and overall, it looks like it'll do what we need it to do. The only thing that I haven't looked up yet is the report generation that you're looking for.

If you're using this *solely* for bug tracking and customer support, you're searching for the wrong thing.

You want a help-desk management type-system, such as TrackIt (which I've worked with, and which I really do like).
Old 11-10-2009, 5:26 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Might want to take a look at vTiger, I've used it (just a little) and was impressed with its capabilities.

Here's a "Top 10" list of open-source CRM packages: http://www.insidecrm.com/features/to...utions-121307/
Old 11-10-2009, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlivingston View Post
Might want to take a look at vTiger, I've used it (just a little) and was impressed with its capabilities.

Here's a "Top 10" list of open-source CRM packages: http://www.insidecrm.com/features/to...utions-121307/
One of the parterner companies that I work with has vtiger and while they were impressed initially they now regret every single penny they spent on it. Another software package to stay away from is Macola/Synergy. With that one I don't even know where to begin..... so just take my word for it: BAD idea.
Old 08-14-2011, 1:12 AM

This may have been a 2 year old thread but let me suggest some good CRM software. It's called Zoho and Comindwork. They are actually a project management software with CRM features. I think a CRM tool combined with project management functionality is better than just a CRM tool.

There are some other tools with CRM features which you can check them here: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/...e-alternatives

This might help you decide as to which tool is best for you.
Old 08-14-2011, 6:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

There's ACT!
Basecamp
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

I've used the above out of the 3 I would recommend Dynamics. It has a couple things I don't like but overall it's pretty good.
Old 05-09-2019, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

There's also SugarCRM that I've came across in the past, pricing seems ok.
https://www.sugarcrm.com/product/pricing-editions
Old 05-09-2019, 8:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Holy Necropost Batman! This thread started 10 years ago, and was already necro-revived 2 years later.