Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 10-15-2019, 9:29 PM

Default Anyone here have a Browning Maxus?

Does anyone here have a Browning Maxus? What do you think of it?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

'I'

Like it. Mine is the sporting clays model. The only issue I have experienced was that I noticed when shooting true pairs, I would sometimes not completely release the trigger. The gun is fine. It is me that's the problem with that. It's a light gun, at least for me. To me it shoots very much the same as a Benelli Super sport. And that's a good thing with me.

Last edited by fecalguns; 10-15-2019 at 11:21 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 7:38 AM

I have a full camo model, and I love it. The gun fits me better than any other semi-auto that I own, or have owned. It cycles light promo-loads without a problem, and it doesn't kick hard with waterfowl loads. Really, I've never had any problems with it. I highly recommend getting one.
Old 10-16-2019, 4:02 PM

I bought mine in 2010. Since then it is my main tool. Close to 30K shells through it. Not a single malfunction. The softest shotgun in 12GA i ever shot.
it is a 3.5 hunter camo model.
Cycles everything i fed it. From low recoil(just to see if it would cycle) to heaviest ones and anything in between. Walmart- el cheapo, no hay problema, seņor!

If you are in the area, you are welcome to try mine.

Tomorrow I'll be at Coyote Clays to pattern new ammo and new choke.

Last edited by Boarhuntor; 10-16-2019 at 4:07 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 4:32 PM

I have a sporting. Love it. I can shoot 5 games of trap and my shoulder feels fine the next day. Nice gun, easy to take apart and clean.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 2:05 PM

I love my 3.5" chambered black stalker model w/ 28" barrel. Boarhuntor's gun inspired me to get mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarhuntor View Post
I bought mine in 2010. Since then it is my main tool. Close to 30K shells through it. Not a single malfunction. The softest shotgun in 12GA i ever shot.
it is a 3.5 hunter camo model.
Cycles everything i fed it. From low recoil(just to see if it would cycle) to heaviest ones and anything in between. Walmart- el cheapo, no hay problema, seņor!

If you are in the area, you are welcome to try mine.

Tomorrow I'll be at Coyote Clays to pattern new ammo and new choke.
Are you excited about killing clays now? Wife and I went on Saturday. Wish I was shooting as well with the bunnies and doves earlier this year as I did Saturday. I put the #1 shim on before going and now I'm much happier.
Old 10-17-2019, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnCaveman View Post
Are you excited about killing clays now? Wife and I went on Saturday. Wish I was shooting as well with the bunnies and doves earlier this year as I did Saturday. I put the #1 shim on before going and now I'm much happier.
Nope, same as before, they are not tasty no matter what sauce i use.
The only reason i went there last week is to brash up a little on my deteriorating skills.
And today i went to check my DIY new chokes which i just completed.
Clay shooting for me as was extremely boring, it still the same. More boring is only rifle/pistol shooting at the range. Paper targets are not much testier than clay pigeons.

BTW, remember, i offered you to use my proprietary system to check your gun fit.
I demonstrated it to Thefeeder last year. He seemed to be thinking it is a good device and even suggested to patent it.