Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Calguns Addict

I believe the wait list/availability is all the way out to May for new CCW appointments.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 12-17-2012, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
I believe the wait list/availability is all the way out to May for new CCW appointments.
How do you know that?
Old 12-17-2012, 3:49 PM

Nevermind.

I found the reason why I and several others have been unable to view any of the links on the website. I'm attempting to view it in Mozilla Firefox. You have to view it in Explorer for windows or Safari for mac.

Atleast that's what worked for me.

Last edited by dartbrandx; 12-17-2012 at 3:50 PM.. Reason: because I can.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I just made my appointment, it's all the way in Mid-May. So now I have to sign up for a class. Any recommendations for instructors?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM

I've trained with Chris Seale. I am pretty sure he can train for Placer.

http://www.conseale.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 3:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchbaby View Post

He definitely can. Plus, he is a great guy and very affordable.
Old 12-18-2012, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartbrandx View Post
How do you know that?
I was informed by Chris at Conseale. He said to book your appointment now as the backlog is quite large. Also, a couple of people have also posted that the earliest availability is May.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Just booked mine also (new ccw appointment). Earliest is now late May. Not too many days left on the calendar.
Old 12-20-2012, 3:20 PM

Wow renewals and new issuance appts are booked until May and there are no permit modification appts through August. None. That's crazy. Imagine if the DMV were like that. "Oh, you need to renew your DL? Better plan ahead sucka!". Can't wait until the .gov is in charge of my healthcare too.
Old 12-20-2012, 3:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCinSac View Post
Wow renewals and new issuance appts are booked until May and there are no permit modification appts through August. None. That's crazy. Imagine if the DMV were like that. "Oh, you need to renew your DL? Better plan ahead sucka!". Can't wait until the .gov is in charge of my healthcare too.
Exactly. If you are in a hurry = you are screwed.
Old 12-24-2012, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopwell View Post
I just made my appointment, it's all the way in Mid-May. So now I have to sign up for a class. Any recommendations for instructors?
http://www.besthandguntraining.com/

in lincoln....very good
Old 01-10-2013, 8:27 AM

Default appointments are into August now- that's 8 months away!

Appointments are into August now- that's 8 months away!
I've been putting it off because of the hassle, but I'm going to just go for it. Someday, it will be streamlined like it is in most states.....I hope.
Old 01-21-2013, 4:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, that is who I went to for mine late last year.
Old 02-14-2013, 2:44 PM

Any truth to rumors that Placer is getting tighter on good cause statements? Buddy is hearing this, sounds like gun store commandos talking out their uh, muzzles to me. Thoughts?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Any truth to rumors that Placer is getting tighter on good cause statements? Buddy is hearing this, sounds like gun store commandos talking out their uh, muzzles to me. Thoughts?
Nothing has changed.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
Nothing has changed.
Wouldnt be so sure of that. I didnt talk to the head Sheriff as I am only renewing (Just went last week), but I did ask the lady who processed my renewal paperwork if Placer is "basically" or "mostly" shall issue now....she said "Noooo (drawn out), most of the LTC's issued are for people who carry large sums of cash for businesses and such" (paraphrased). I clarified and said, "I thought Placer cared more about Good Moral Character?".......she just shook her head and said no. I was surprised to hear this because of what I was told 2 years ago when I first applied, which was that Placer generally cares more about Good Moral Character than Good Cause, and the Sheriff who interviewed me told me that.

So I dont know what to make of it. I dont believe any official policy has changed, but they may be slowly tightening the reason for issuance due to the number of people that are applying for permits. In any case, that's the latest I have heard and this came from the lady who processes the paperwork.....I figure she must see all the rejectees and approvals, and see the "good causes" for issuance. But it's clear from the paperwork that you still must have good cause: It says right on there, "Self defense is not good cause" (again, paraphrased).

But hey, what do I know...

One thing i do know is that they are planning on changing the way they do applications and renewals to speed up the process. She said in the next few weeks, Placer will be moving to a 2-3 days per week walk in system, much like the day they had in December to clear up the backlog. I didnt get all the details, but you can see on their website that they are gearing up for changes in the process of obtaining a permit (and renewing).

Last edited by goodlookin1; 02-21-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 3:20 PM

Placer has no official policy regarding gmc or gc. It's on a case by case basis for each applicant, which has been the case for a long time. Thus nothing has changed.
Old 02-22-2013, 6:37 PM

from Placers web site

Upcoming Changes to our CCW Program

Our Sheriff’s Office has been reviewing our current procedures for the CCW program. PERMIT RENEWALS and PERMIT MODIFICATIONS will be processed by our Sheriff’s Records Unit in the coming future. We are unable to provide the date of transition at this time, as we are still working out the details to ensure this transition occurs smoothly. New permit applications and appointments will continue to be processed by the Sheriff’s Support Services Administration Unit.

Until notified, please continue to schedule appointments for the CCW services on our ONLINE SCHEDULING system.

We will continue to review our CCW process to determine if any other adjustments; however, we hope that these will be seamless to you. As internal and external standards and processes are revised, notification to the public will be communicated through this webpage. On behalf of the Sheriff and our office, we would like to thank you for your patience and cooperation while we have been completing some major changes to our Concealed Weapons Permit (CCW) website and process.

Our ONLINE SCHEDULING system, Appointment-Plus.com, is still up and running. If you would like to make an appointment with our agency please use the link to the right, Online Appointment System.
Old 02-26-2013, 2:53 PM

I went to a Lincoln Tea Party meeting last night, where Sheriff Bonner was the featured speaker.

He said that he and his deputies didn't have a problem with law-abiding citizens having concealed weapons.

He went on to say that his deputies have caught Mexican Drug Cartel people guarding drug manufacturing areas in Placer County.

So I asked him, given the fact that he said that MDC people have been found in Placer County and as he said, he and his deputies don't have a problem with LAC's having CCW's, why will he not issue CCW's for "Self-Defense".

He said that he didn't want the wrong people to have them. He said he didn't want immature people to have them. He basically danced around the issue.

When I pressed him saying that if a LAC were to apply for a CCW with no issues (criminal history, moving violations, etc), why would he not issue that person a CCW for self defense. He said, "I could take a look at that."

Ed Bonner is basically a politician in a Sheriff's uniform. He danced around the issue of what he would do if the Feds cam into Placer County to take away guns and he basically insinuated that he wouldn't really do anything because "Law Enforcement is based on relationships" and he wouldn't want to offend the Feds or take a chance of getting Fed money cut off.

Not impressed with Sheriff Bonner, AT ALL.

Semper Fi!

Old 02-27-2013, 7:33 PM

[QUOTE=thebronze;10654032]I went to a Lincoln Tea Party meeting last night,

when did we get a Tea Party how do get neeting info?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 PM

Here you go, L45

Lincoln Tea Party United Contact Information:
lincolnteaparty@gmx.us
apatriot@gmx.com
916-222-4003

Semper Fi!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Here's some video of the meeting that starts to touch on LTC/CCW at the end. The rest of the parts apparently haven't been uploaded yet...

http://youtu.be/bJZQuaMs8d4

Semper Fi!

Old 03-01-2013, 7:29 PM

droped off renewal paperwork last thursday 2.21 new permit in the mail today

6 days !!!!!!

good job Placer

Last edited by lincoln45; 03-01-2013 at 7:34 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
CGN Contributor

So do you think it is a good idea to proceed with the CCW permit? I don't carry large funds and my only GC is I want to have ability to protect my family.
Old 03-06-2013, 3:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
Here's some video of the meeting that starts to touch on LTC/CCW at the end. The rest of the parts apparently haven't been uploaded yet...

http://youtu.be/bJZQuaMs8d4
Here is the pertinent video regarding carry licensing.

If you listen to the question and his response, it is easy to determine that he completely dodged the question and no one challenged him on it. He goes on further to defend discretionary issuance by saying that he wants to look applicants in the eye.

One might pose this follow up question to him; Have you ever encountered an individual that you suspected of a crime, but had to let them go due to insufficient cause for arrest? If so, why would you preserve the right against search and seizure while at the same time denying the right to bear arms without the ability to look an applicant in the eye? OR What would you hope to discover that would invalidate a person's right to carry that a DOJ background check had not revealed? The Constitution doesn't invalidate enumerated rights based on one's maturity--- why do you?

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 03-06-2013, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC363 View Post
So do you think it is a good idea to proceed with the CCW permit? I don't carry large funds and my only GC is I want to have ability to protect my family.
100 dollars is a large sum of money if you have it and i dont...... its all relative
Old 03-06-2013, 8:39 PM
CGN Contributor

Thanks Lincoln and it is not he money, my concern is from the video if Sheriff Bonner

Last edited by KC363; 03-06-2013 at 8:44 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks Lincoln and it is not he money, my concern is from the video if Sheriff Bonner
thought u were refering to a GC statement
Old 03-07-2013, 8:13 PM
CGN Contributor

Since you mention GC, would stating "Ability to protect my family when away from home" qualified? Thanks Lincoln (Driving record clean for the last 10 years and no run in with the law)
Old 03-08-2013, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Since you mention GC, would stating "Ability to protect my family when away from home" qualified? Thanks Lincoln (Driving record clean for the last 10 years and no run in with the law)
sorry cant answer im not an expert

if you are looking to get your permit in Placer i would sugest

http://www.besthandguntraining.com/
Old 03-09-2013, 5:44 PM

I had a buddy that had his initial interview last week and they told him that the first available LiveScan date wasn't until JUNE!!!!

Come on Placer Sheriff's Office, that's ridiculous!!

Why won't they let people get LiveScanned anywhere else? That's completely retarded.

Way to SERVE your citizens PCSO!!!

Semper Fi!

Old 03-09-2013, 6:28 PM

If you all get some momentum behind this "enthusiasm", it might seem to me that this is the time for Bonner to bend to the will of his constituency or suffer the fate of any politician that will not do so. He's a good sheriff... I hope he chooses to do the right thing by the good people of Placer County.
Old 03-10-2013, 4:54 PM

Quote:
If you all get some momentum behind this "enthusiasm", it might seem to me that this is the time for Bonner to bend to the will of his constituency or suffer the fate of any politician that will not do so. He's a good sheriff... I hope he chooses to do the right thing by the good people of Placer County.

He's going to be retiring soon (not sure when), so "will of the people" doesn't matter much to him.

Semper Fi!

Old 03-10-2013, 8:45 PM

All the better then I suppose... If the people of Placer want someone a little looser with the rice paper, they'll be able to get their candidate in without an incumbent election battle.
Old 03-18-2013, 7:21 PM

Default Walk ins!

The SO just opened the walk up window today....I was in and out in 20 minutes! freankn awesome! so much better than the appoinemnt system that would have made me wait till November...

Way to go Placer!
Most of the further discussion beyond the clear concise answer is usually people just trying to convince others that the Penal Code/Case Law doesn't really apply because their uncle's friend's cousin's son-in-law works as a gardener for a retired judge from another state who might or might not have said he doesn't think it applies to a certain case that has absolutely nothing to do with the question the OP asked.
Old 03-19-2013, 6:29 AM

That's great news! I just saw that last night. I was waiting for my appt. way out into April for my renewal. I got caught with my renewal paperwork not filled out!

I began to fill it out last night and I kinda got stuck on the good cause question #4. Nothing has changed from when I originally got the ccw. Should I just write down "please see a copy of my original good cause statement"? Then include my first statement? Should I just hit the highlights?
Old 03-19-2013, 8:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuknBucks View Post
The SO just opened the walk up window today....I was in and out in 20 minutes! freankn awesome! so much better than the appoinemnt system that would have made me wait till November...

Way to go Placer!
So how does this affect those of us that have appointments already scheduled out? Mine is scheduled for early June and I have yet to do anything with the paper work or class I am referring to a first time appointment, not a renewal.
Old 03-19-2013, 4:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemrey81 View Post
So how does this affect those of us that have appointments already scheduled out? Mine is scheduled for early June and I have yet to do anything with the paper work or class I am referring to a first time appointment, not a renewal.
I believe the "walk up" window is for renewals and changes and does not apply to "new/first time" CCW applicants. I could be incorrect but will have to check the website for details.
Old 03-21-2013, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
I believe the "walk up" window is for renewals and changes and does not apply to "new/first time" CCW applicants. I could be incorrect but will have to check the website for details.
yes ...this is correct....mods and renewals only....

stick with the appointment date for everything else!
Most of the further discussion beyond the clear concise answer is usually people just trying to convince others that the Penal Code/Case Law doesn't really apply because their uncle's friend's cousin's son-in-law works as a gardener for a retired judge from another state who might or might not have said he doesn't think it applies to a certain case that has absolutely nothing to do with the question the OP asked.
Old 03-22-2013, 5:05 PM

took 5 days from mon (dropped off paperwork) to fri to get my new rice paper!