Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 10-17-2019, 6:55 AM

Default Australian International Arms M10 A2

Hello, CGC! Today I am here to show off my bolt gun and hopefully find out more about it’s history.

I found one other for sale on AKfiles and the seller was asking $2,000 for the same package of original goodies + rifle that I got for nearly half the price.

I’ve read some info online about these rifles but nothing seems very concrete. If you have any info on these rifles please do share. Does anybody have an idea how many were imported? Does anyone here have experience shooting one?

Thanks, CGC!

WTB: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...6#post27313406

Last edited by AO3; 07-08-2020 at 3:46 PM..
Old 10-17-2019, 8:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Lee-Enfield?
Old 10-17-2019, 8:59 AM

These are $2K now? Weren't they like $700 new? They are pretty cool for a x39 SMLE variant. The stocks were teak I think.
Old 10-17-2019, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Lee-Enfield?
Yes and one that accepts standard AK mags. 16” barrel. Pretty neat little carbine. I haven’t taken it to the range yet but I hear they are very accurate even with surplus ammo.

Old 10-17-2019, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewN View Post
These are $2K now? Weren't they like $700 new? They are pretty cool for a x39 SMLE variant. The stocks were teak I think.
My research has led me to conclude that Gander Mountain has them for sale for $700 new. A limited amount were imported but I’d love to know that exact number.

The wood is teak wood and it’s heavy. Apparently some aspect of the stock was made in a country (Vietnam?) that we banned from doing firearm business with the US and as a result the Feds stopped the importation of these AIA SMLEs.

Old 10-17-2019, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO3 View Post
My research has led me to conclude that Gander Mountain has them for sale for $700 new. A limited amount were imported but I’d love to know that exact number.

The wood is teak wood and it’s heavy. Apparently some aspect of the stock was made in a country (Vietnam?) that we banned from doing firearm business with the US and as a result the Feds stopped the importation of these AIA SMLEs.
I heard that too, and evidently some appearance demo models with substandard parts (that weren't ever intended to be sold) got sold to the public and they were not good. Then the company just kind of vanished. They made .308s as well, but I'm not sure if they were real or vaporware.
Old 10-17-2019, 3:18 PM
retired Goon

Congrats on acquiring a near unobtainium rifle.

Last I head (circa 2009), they imported a couple of thousand into the USA and Gander Mountain was the sole distributor/vendor for them.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 10-17-2019, 3:31 PM

I'm not crazy about the forearm but the wood is fantastic.
Old 10-18-2019, 5:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

More than the fore end was made in Vietnam which caused the importation issue.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewN View Post
Apparently these are not $2k now, they’re $2.25k + shipping! Check out this gunbroker auction that ended recently. 50+ bid from 15+ bidders!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/840409693

Last edited by AO3; 12-31-2019 at 9:17 AM..