Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 12-20-2013, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobladz View Post
Price photos ?
The small safe on the right as posted by sgvdanny , post #61. Since it was B-, front cosmetic scratch got it for $300 OTD.
Old 12-20-2013, 5:30 PM

Any idea if there is a plan to ship north in a group buy?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-20-2013, 5:44 PM

Saw a display BigHorn 34 gun safe this morning at the Burbank Costco selling for $600. It had some minor scratches on the sides, but perfect on the front, door side for anyone who is looking for a good deal on a safe.
Old 01-15-2014, 2:54 PM

Default I would be wary....

I would be very wary about anything from Rhino Metals or Granite Safe (Bighorn or Winchester). The warranty service offered by both are would I would call sub-par. Personal experience here, have done contract work for both and got caught in the middle of them and their ticked off (rightfully so) customers. You get what you pay for. Liberty/National Security, American Security, Fort Knox are all much better quality products and the first two offer rather good warranty service, especially Liberty. They are a top notch company. Buy your gun safe from someone who knows safes. DO NOT buy them from someone who just stocks them along with housewares and linens and toys and food and etc.........
Old 01-15-2014, 3:05 PM

Anyone on here have much experience with the keycode locks? i see them around (along with this one at costco), they seem to be made well for the price. My only concern is that what happens if the keypad fails? are you SOL?

I haven't done much research into it, so if its a simple answer, dont worry, ill feel like a dummy. haha
Old 01-15-2014, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubChef View Post
Anyone on here have much experience with the keycode locks? i see them around (along with this one at costco), they seem to be made well for the price. My only concern is that what happens if the keypad fails? are you SOL?

I haven't done much research into it, so if its a simple answer, dont worry, ill feel like a dummy. haha

From what I have been told is it will let you know in advance that its low. I have not seen this myself yet. I also would like to hear from someone who has had to deal with it. Also when buying from Tim and not Costco are the locks the same? Here is a close up from a lock from Tim.

Old 02-02-2014, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVDANNY View Post
From what I have been told is it will let you know in advance that its low. I have not seen this myself yet. I also would like to hear from someone who has had to deal with it. Also when buying from Tim and not Costco are the locks the same? Here is a close up from a lock from Tim.

I was at the Costco in Rancho Cucamonga just recently and the FirstAlert safe they had on display had the LA Gard lock. No clue whether the one in the box had it or not.
Old 02-02-2014, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylow View Post

Great info and video link lay low. Super informative and definitely enlightens me on safe quality.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYITOUT View Post
Great info and video link lay low. Super informative and definitely enlightens me on safe quality.
Agreed, you cant call safe a safe if its a gun cabinet. I bought my first safe at Sturdy in Fresno back in 1992. Its thick, 3/8" thick and has held the test of time. It was 610 bucks back then, now its 2k. I would never buy one of these import "Cabinets". I have other safes also, a liberty commercial fire safe and a costco safe i got at the scrappers for 50 bucks, put an electronic locks in them all. The costco safe 2'x2'x2' and is the one the cash vacuum tube gets dropped in, makes a great handgun safe. Funny, the safe i got at the scrappers was broken into when a costco got burglarized, its was 1/2" plate steel and they got in thru the money hole, which now is welded up. Why wouldn't costco trust their own money in the import safe they sell? Because they are junk and too thin.
My 2cents...
Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 PM

I drove to Format USA yesterday and picked up a $299 refurbished safe. I told them it might be the best bargain that I ever bought. My safe looked new and I put a scuff mark on the back when a neighbor and I slid the 480 lb block out of my Tahoe. That is the only mark visible and I didn't even try to to remove it. They also have the 34 cu ft (40" wide) available for $549.00. Tim and the guys were friendly and informative. Pretty much the same story about Costcos's lenient return policy and people forgetting their reset combination. Who wants to pick up a safe and return it? After bolting it down? They have a number to call if you have a problem with the safe. I did see armored plate reinforcement inside located in vital areas, so its not all 12 gage. It would take a lot of noise or trained speciality welders and equipment to get into this safe. Just like the other safes. Thick steel can be cut. It just takes more time or more expensive equipment and heat or sparks. I don't think burglars bring large diameter diamond core drills for household burglary. If you're really worried, I would suggest a SafElert
wireless alarm and locating the safe in a corner to make access a little more time consuming. That said, there are some very nice showpiece safes that are available. My stuff didn't require a larger size showpiece. Use the main number 562-691-7444. Don't use his cell phone, be polite.
This link gives very good info on real safes.
http://www.brownsafe.com/categories/faq/faq.htm

Last edited by beretired; 03-12-2014 at 9:40 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 1:02 PM

Finally got mine picked up today. Can't beat the price. The safe comes with all the hardware, and neither I or Tim could tell what was wrong with it. Once we rolled it out into the sun, I could barely tell where they had touched up the paint. It won't ever be noticeable in doors.
Old 03-16-2014, 6:50 AM

Id call it a locking cabinet, although this would be better than nothing .....
Old 03-16-2014, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaFan View Post
Id call it a locking cabinet, although this would be better than nothing .....
Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 2:13 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Someone posted on another deals website that they found this safe at Costco today for $399.99.

Photo here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachm...6&d=1400018880

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 05-13-2014, 7:42 PM

I picked up the 24 gun safe from the Huntington Beach Costco by Bella Terra last week. I intended on buying the bigger one but they didn't have anymore in stock so I settled for the smaller one. Now that I think about it I'm sort of glad that I decided to stick with the smaller one for now because it was a PITA getting it in the house and I don't have too much room as is. It's nothing fancy and it doesn't have a power outlet or anything but it's good enough for what you pay. It even comes with free dessicant and an anchoring kit for concrete floors.

edit - and having the Costco workers do the dirty work of loading the safe onto the truck makes life a lot easier.

Last edited by anti; 05-13-2014 at 7:55 PM..