Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 08-18-2018, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykronik View Post
Orange County's only online gun certification is phenomenal for shooters with experiencing carrying on a daily basis. I would recommend this for CCW renewals and law enforcement/military (active and retired). It's a self-paced course and really makes the student accountable for their own learning. That being said, I think the majority of CCW applicants could use hands-on, classroom training. But for those who are extremely busy, and will actually read and absorb the material, this is a great course for them, too.

Winston is always available to answer questions in a timely manner, and very professional.

Scheduling the range time is very easy, and he is very flexible.

http://www.oconlineguncert.com/

Winston is legit. Very accommodating and professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2018, 12:48 PM

Artemis is pretty good, IMO. They do a 16-hour course spread over two days. The cost was a little over two hundred dollars, plus ammo.
I first went to an Artemis Pre-CCW class and thought it was thorough. The instructor for that class was Steven Lieberman, a lawyer who handles CCW-related cases almost exclusively. His wife is the owner of Artemis, but he teaches some parts of their classes. I was on the fence, but after talking with him I decided to apply, and I signed up for the weekend class at Artemis.
Someone I know took a CCW class from another well-known instructor, and what was described to me seemed mind-numbing. The instructor was dead tired, and it showed; he was reading Powerpoint slides to the class like they were too dumb to read for themselves. Not only boring, but insulting, and probably useless.
The CCW class at Artemis has a few different instructors. Steven Lieberman did part, and other parts were handled by his wife (Sandy) and other instructors (all retired LEOs and/or ex-military). I have a short attention span, so I appreciate when a class is interesting and lively. At the end of our first day, one of the students went into the simulator (the 300-degree VirTra with five screens) and did a scenario. It was very interesting and thought-provoking to watch this. You can see the scenario if you search for "survive+thrive pistol training artemis" on YouTube.
Artemis offers a collateral benefit if you get CCW training there, in the form of a reduced-cost membership. This gets you access to group classes and a limited amount of time in their simulator (a 300-degree VirTra with five screens arrayed like a hexagon). If any other trainers are offering a similar deal, I'd be interested to know.
Old 10-15-2018, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Winston is legit. Very accommodating and professional.

Any idea how long it takes to mail the course completion certificate? My wife is doing live fire tomorrow and her permit expires next week. Everything has been completed with OCSD, just haven't had time to get to the range.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 6:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have simplified the enrollment process for the free CCW class i offer (described at http://guntrust.org).

Also, I'm offering a free basic estate plan to anyone that attends my CCW class.

Plus i even pay for range time at your live fire test.

And you can get virtually unlimited free training at Front Sight, just by attending my free estate planning seminars.

Everything you need to protect your family!
CRPA Mag Must Retract Erroneous Bulletin Slamming Gun Trusts
Radio ads: http://Protect.FM
FREE training: http://guntrust.org
FREE design meeting: http://Protect.LIFE
Old 10-16-2018, 6:28 AM
Veteran Member

Default Orange County: Instructor Review & Recommendation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiver View Post
Any idea how long it takes to mail the course completion certificate? My wife is doing live fire tomorrow and her permit expires next week. Everything has been completed with OCSD, just haven't had time to get to the range.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Winston gives it to you on the same day you do the range qualification.

Old 10-30-2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Winston gives it to you on the same day you do the range qualification.

Just completed the training with Winston, highly recommend it.
Old 11-05-2018, 3:35 PM

Default Excellent training at Artemis Defense Institute in Lake Forest

I did my training with Artemis the weekend of 10/27-28. I thought it was well worth it.

The classroom instruction was not death by powerpoint, but with real world examples and cases that the instructor, Steve Lieberman, handled. As mentioned in previous posts, he's an attorney with a focus on firearm related litigation.

Come to think of it, I don't even think they have a projector in the classroom!

We're all avid shooters on here, and passing the shooting qualifications and firearm manipulations under stress is something we all understand.

The true value, in my humble opinion, is from the expert perspective from an actual firearm/justification on use of force/self defense attorney. We all know, or you better know, that once the threat is stopped and the smoke clears, that is when the REAL battle starts.
Old 12-02-2018, 7:05 PM

Another positive vote for Artemis. Took mine there a couple weeks ago. I intend to go back for some more of their classes too.

Steven has a good speaking style, keeps you interested in the subjects and he covers quite a bit of info. The rest of the team was great too. Overall pretty good experience and worth the money IMO.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:16 PM

I wanted to post my recommendation for ApplicationTactical.com out of Fallbrook. Though technically not in OC, there were a couple of people there from OC. The class had 6 people of an available 10 and was very good. Helped identify some failure points for me and my coworker found his gun doesn't like to be pushed very hard. Definetly an A+ from me. Safety was a top priority in class. It is geared towards intermediate and advanced shooters as well. I will be taking the class again soon as well as some of the other classes offered by them.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:15 PM
Calguns Addict

I need to renew. I used Block the last two times and he's great, but now he's too far away.

I don't want a pseudo role playing class where I shoot tied in a pretzel position. . I just want to get it done in the least amount of time and hassle.

Any suggestions??
Old 03-18-2019, 2:26 AM
Veteran Member

New to this and have a question. I want to get my permit but don’t know what exactly I’m supposed to do. Do you still have to have a cause? Is there people who help you come up with one that you might not know is good?
Old 03-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
I need to renew. I used Block the last two times and he's great, but now he's too far away.

I don't want a pseudo role playing class where I shoot tied in a pretzel position. . I just want to get it done in the least amount of time and hassle.

Any suggestions??
SafeInsight.com does the classroom online, field segment in north OC. You can get it knocked out in a couple of days if necessary.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
SafeInsight.com does the classroom online, field segment in north OC. You can get it knocked out in a couple of days if necessary.

So the four hour mandatory classroom part is done online. I’m guessing it tracks the hours spent online?

And then do you call them to set up the range portion?

Old 03-18-2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm Bulldog View Post
New to this and have a question. I want to get my permit but don’t know what exactly I’m supposed to do. Do you still have to have a cause? Is there people who help you come up with one that you might not know is good?
Here's a thread on good cause discussion, even some examples posted:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1057379

You can post questions over there, or on the OC renewal thread as well:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1135726

This thread is for instructor review. Evidently instructors can hawk their wares here as well.
Old 03-18-2019, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Here's a thread on good cause discussion, even some examples posted:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1057379

You can post questions over there, or on the OC renewal thread as well:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1135726

This thread is for instructor review. Evidently instructors can hawk their wares here as well.
Thank you ! You’re help is appreciated.
Old 05-08-2019, 8:18 PM

We respectfully recommend our organization as one of the best concealed carry permit training providers for Orange and San Diego Counties.

If you would like to complete the training requirement beyond a check in the box, we welcome you to our course. Please use this promo code for a discount when you sign up: CALGUNS

www.applicationtactical.com/orangecountyccw
949-441-2842

Last edited by ApplicationTactical.com; 07-09-2019 at 10:10 PM..