Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 04-04-2013, 2:18 PM
Veteran Member

Default secret gun storage

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1pYqquG27pg

Am going to take this on as a project, smaller scale.
Old 04-04-2013, 6:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

this storage shelf system has been shown and discussed here several times. not something i'd leave guns in when i'm not home, but cool for not-so-valuable valuables storage.

good luck with your project. it's impressive that you have the skill set needed to make a storage shelf system such as the one shown.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:24 PM

At the end he says "no one would ever think twice", now they will! The whole world now knows about this shelving unit!
Old 04-04-2013, 8:54 PM
Calguns Addict

hint - dont advertise your secret places on you tube, or Calguns.
Old 04-04-2013, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
hint - dont advertise your secret places on you tube, or Calguns.
But I wanted someone to clean the cat litter box for me...I mean they'll find something alright
Old 04-04-2013, 9:37 PM

It ain't secret if it's on youtube!
Old 04-05-2013, 8:52 AM

If you're stuck on this idea, check out the rev-a-shelf.

I was thinking of a low tech way of storing my firearms and stuff through the house and using these "shelves" to hide in walls/cabinets and stuff but in the end the fact is that these setups aren't fireproof and making your own fireproofing is a lot more trouble than it's worth imho.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Impressive design, but does it meet CA requirements for secured storage with respect to minors having access to firearms?
Old 04-06-2013, 8:38 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Impressive design, but does it meet CA requirements for secured storage with respect to minors having access to firearms?
No such requirement - it's outcome based -
Quote:
(a) Except as provided in Section 25105, a person commits the crime of “criminal storage of a firearm of the first degree” if all of the following conditions are satisfied:

(1) The person keeps any loaded firearm within any premises that are under the person’s custody or control.

(2) The person knows or reasonably should know that a child is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian.

(3) The child obtains access to the firearm and thereby causes death or great bodily injury to the child or any other person.

(b) Except as provided in Section 25105, a person commits the crime of “criminal storage of a firearm of the second degree” if all of the following conditions are satisfied:

(1) The person keeps any loaded firearm within any premises that are under the person’s custody or control.

(2) The person knows or reasonably should know that a child is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian.

(3) The child obtains access to the firearm and thereby causes injury, other than great bodily injury, to the child or any other person, or carries the firearm either to a public place or in violation of Section 417.
Either (a)(3) or (b)(3) has to occur before there might be any problem.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

No protection from fire or humidity, but creative.
Old 04-05-2013, 1:05 PM

Eh, I'll just hide my safe in a water cooler box, with a bag of clothes on top, and if they get past all that, and they try to cut open my safe...

Surprise!!! BEES!!!