Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-16-2010, 2:12 PM

Default Rough Day

Today was a rough day for me. My Staff Sergeant that leads our detachment pulled me aside today and said because we are over staffed as is, I will not be deploying with the unit the beginning of July. I've been through all the briefings, and even after this talk, I went through SRC and got my influenza, H1N1, anthrax and small pox shots. Tomorrow I go to RFI. All for not.

I'm sure this has happened to a few of the current and post Army guys here. What happens next? Am I going to fall in with another unit? He told me when he gets downrange he is going to call back and request that I deploy and join our unit.

/whining
Old 06-16-2010, 2:26 PM
Veteran Member

Unless you're dying to deploy that is not necessarily a bad thing. Garrison life probably sucks, however. I'm sure someone who is in the military will chime in pretty soon. I'm sure if you make enough noise they'll deploy you somehow.
Old 06-17-2010, 5:51 PM

That sucks. I deploy ****.....next week I think. There are guys that aren't deploying for various reasons and they are either staying on Rear D or going to a different Brigade to deploy with them next year.

That is tough. I went through SRP and all that crap a month or so ago and that was a big PIA.
Old 06-17-2010, 6:32 PM

Your probably going to end up on permanent staff duty.

If your lucky you will deploy some day before the war ends. Or you will end up like me pissed off at the world and feeling like a **** bag for not deploying. Not to mention that the higher the rank you get you will receive funkier and funkier looks by people for your lack of a deployment and naturally they automatically assume you've been dodging it.

If i were you id try every thing possible to get on that deployment. Once they leave that's it. I guarantee there's some guy there who would rather stay home with his family or has some other reason for not wanting to deploy. If your any thing like me, you are in danger of hating your life real fast as more and more time passes in the army without deploying.

I hope that helps at all and isn't just a rant about my lack of job satisfaction.

Last edited by develown; 06-17-2010 at 6:49 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 7:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, need to get a deployment in.

You have to wonder about someone who is in the military and has yet to deploy.
Old 06-20-2010, 5:07 PM

Thing is we are a very small firefighting detachment. Our unit consists of 10 men, and only eight can go. I guess I have one week to annoy the hell out of my SSgt. I'm a firefighter, and I'd like to deploy as one. I don't want to be a paper pushing hero... no offense to anyone that is, it's just not how I roll.
Old 06-20-2010, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLovin View Post
Thing is we are a very small firefighting detachment. Our unit consists of 10 men, and only eight can go. I guess I have one week to annoy the hell out of my SSgt. I'm a firefighter, and I'd like to deploy as one. I don't want to be a paper pushing hero... no offense to anyone that is, it's just not how I roll.

Sounds like you'll be Rear Party..... You get to handle stuff for the guys, spear head logistics for the CO, messages to dependents, etc....
Old 06-21-2010, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit74 View Post
Sounds like you'll be Rear Party..... You get to handle stuff for the guys, spear head logistics for the CO, messages to dependents, etc....
Negative! I was pulled into the company today after PT and was informed I am deploying next week. Quite the roller coaster ride the past week or 10 days. Hopefully this time it will stick!
Old 06-21-2010, 5:46 AM
Calguns Addict

If you want it, fight for it. Use your chain of command, and have a good reason for wanting to go.

If I was higher up, I would rather have a guy that really wanted to deploy, and take him over someone being forced.

I used my chain of command back in the day to get a couple of things that were important to me.
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

If you really want to go you can try talking to one of your firefighter buddies and you can then probably switch orders with the guy who doesn't want to go.

If you don't go you will end up on Rear D. So you'll probably just pulll Staff Duty, CQ, cutting grass, picking weeds, details details details lol. Thats what our guys had to do.