Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 11-17-2019, 4:45 AM

Default New to forums and new carry permit holder

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hi to the community. I just recently got issued my CCW out of Riverside county which was pretty painless and smooth process. Im currently carrying a G19 in a crossbreed super tuck, still need a good belt!. What are you guys carrying and what kind of gear is working for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2019, 4:47 AM
Veteran Member

The information you want is here:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...play.php?f=362
Old 11-17-2019, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post

Thanks, Iíve been looking through a lot of those threads. I guess i just asked to start conversation and meet everyone, should have said that.

Old 11-17-2019, 6:30 AM

I live in SB county. My car got broken into twice and I want to protect my family. I want to get my CCW. What do I need to do to get 1? Pls help. Thank u

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2019, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na7e View Post
I live in SB county. My car got broken into twice and I want to protect my family. I want to get my CCW. What do I need to do to get 1? Pls help. Thank u

From what Iíve heard SB is fairly easy to be approved. The best thing that helped me was writing a detailed good cause letter. I originally just wrote a short paragraph, when i had my interview my investigator had me submit a more in-depth good cause letter. Be honest about you fears for yourself and family. I know in my area we have VERY little police patrol unit for a very large area and i put that in my good cause. Dont lie or embellish, just be honest and it shouldnít be an issue!

Old 11-17-2019, 7:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyaker View Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say hi to the community. I just recently got issued my CCW out of Riverside county which was pretty painless and smooth process. Im currently carrying a G19 in a crossbreed super tuck, still need a good belt!. What are you guys carrying and what kind of gear is working for you?

Welcome to Calguns. Iím originally from Riverside, now going through the CCW process through SB county. Until approved through SB, Iím limited to carrying my G19 and 43X around the house and out of state. Iíve found the T1C axis slim and Vedder litetuck work best for my style of dress and body type. As far as the belt, Iíve been using a KORE, at the recommendation of a couple calgunners, for a couple months and it has really worked out great so far.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidin View Post
Welcome to Calguns. Iím originally from Riverside, now going through the CCW process through SB county. Until approved through SB, Iím limited to carrying my G19 and 43X around the house and out of state. Iíve found the T1C axis slim and Vedder litetuck work best for my style of dress and body type. As far as the belt, Iíve been using a KORE, at the recommendation of a couple calgunners, for a couple months and it has really worked out great so far.

Good luck in SB Iíve heard its not too hard. How do you like the G43x im looking at picking one up

Old 11-17-2019, 1:18 PM

Quote:
What are you guys carrying and what kind of gear is working for you?
Thank you for carrying. The more of us there are, the more that the bad guys will take their business elsewhere.

Gear? I strongly dislike kydex. All my "good" holsters are leather. Milt Sparks and TT Gunleather are my two favorite makers. Check out their webpages, see what they have, then give them a call for guidance.

Frankly, as a newbie, you might be most comfortable carrying Inside the Waist Band. But for me, the G19 could be a bit limiting for IWB. Get one holster, where it, get some experience, and then use that to decide if you need anything else. It's easy to go wild and end up with guns and holsters that just aren't quite right for your situation.

Be alert, stay safe.
Old 11-17-2019, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Thank you for carrying. The more of us there are, the more that the bad guys will take their business elsewhere.

Gear? I strongly dislike kydex. All my "good" holsters are leather. Milt Sparks and TT Gunleather are my two favorite makers. Check out their webpages, see what they have, then give them a call for guidance.

Frankly, as a newbie, you might be most comfortable carrying Inside the Waist Band. But for me, the G19 could be a bit limiting for IWB. Get one holster, where it, get some experience, and then use that to decide if you need anything else. It's easy to go wild and end up with guns and holsters that just aren't quite right for your situation.

Be alert, stay safe.

The instructor at the sheriffs department said the same about the kydex and he carried a simple leather holster with a belt clip IWB... great tips man thanks

Old 11-17-2019, 6:55 PM

Welcome-

There are so many potential combinations. You will probably change numerous times, before you arrive at every day carry favorites. Keep an open mind. I have proven myself wrong, over and over again.

Iím not a kydex fan. All of my go to holsters are leather. I would also recommend Milt Sparks. EDC is a 1911, in a Milt Sparks Nexus. 1911 because I shoot it well. Sparks makes the size and weight of the 1911 doable. I have a couple of Blackhawk leather IWBís that work well. Get accustomed to carrying daily.

Donít hesitate to ask questions here. Thereís always a volume of helpful information.
Be safe, be smart!
Old 11-17-2019, 7:08 PM

Get CCW insurance immediately just in case you need it, I have it and just like any weapon I carry I hope that I DO NOT HAVE TO USE IT. Both are for my protection
Old 11-17-2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzbike View Post
Welcome-

There are so many potential combinations. You will probably change numerous times, before you arrive at every day carry favorites. Keep an open mind. I have proven myself wrong, over and over again.

Iím not a kydex fan. All of my go to holsters are leather. I would also recommend Milt Sparks. EDC is a 1911, in a Milt Sparks Nexus. 1911 because I shoot it well. Sparks makes the size and weight of the 1911 doable. I have a couple of Blackhawk leather IWBís that work well. Get accustomed to carrying daily.

Donít hesitate to ask questions here. Thereís always a volume of helpful information.

Be safe, be smart!

Im going to try some similar holsters thanks man!

Old 11-17-2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFAN IN OC View Post
Get CCW insurance immediately just in case you need it, I have it and just like any weapon I carry I hope that I DO NOT HAVE TO USE IT. Both are for my protection

I have been researching them

Old 11-17-2019, 7:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks, I’ve been looking through a lot of those threads. I guess i just asked to start conversation and meet everyone, should have said that.
I carry a Dan Wesson CBOB everyday IWB at 3:00 in a Precision holster.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/produc...assic-bobtail/

https://precisionholsters.com/produc...carry-iwb.html

Welcome to Calguns!

Old 11-17-2019, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome

Orange County here.....I carry Glock 26, Glock 30S, and a Glock 19.5 MOS w/Holosun 507c red dot.

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

óďWho, that fugginí nobody?

óďThat fugginí nobody........was John Wick!
Old 11-17-2019, 9:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Welcome to the forum!

Note that there are several recent belt threads in the Concealed Carry Gear board and also the Firearms Accessories board. A search for "belts" should yield some good results. My preference is for the Ares Aegis Enhanced belt. It is well worth the $$.

Fighter Pilot
Old 11-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good luck in SB Iíve heard its not too hard. How do you like the G43x im looking at picking one up

Thanks, the wait, so far, has been the hardest part.

As far as an easily concealable single-stack 9mm goes, the 43X really fits the bill and the hand, quite nicely. Much easier to shoot and get back on target than I thought it would be. Only complaint I have is the ndlc finish showing obvious signs of wear from daily draw stroke practice. Iíll likely have the slide cerakoted at some point.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

San Bernardino is shall issue. They crank them out like it's a printing press and they've been doing it for decades.

As for belt, it is really you get what you pay for. Double thickness. Reinforced. Purpose built for gun carry. Don't compromise or think you can get by with regular belts. They can't and you'll be disappointed.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 AM

Post Maybe

Good Job, but not many say how much in total cost in money to get permission to be able to defend yourself. The state is making a lot of money in so many way to give us permission to do so many things. Truck them.
Old 11-18-2019, 7:33 PM

To the OP, I carry a G26 in a Milt Sparks Criterion, Hanks Gunner Belt. Welcome to the pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na7e View Post

Asked and answered. Starting to get a strange vibe here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...52781&page=166
Old 11-18-2019, 7:59 PM

Depends on what I'm doing and wearing. I cycle between a G43, G43X, G26 and G19
Old 11-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Welcome Slyaker. I carry a G43 or a G19 and I do so with e StealthGear Mini and a relentless belt. $50 for the belt from Amazon if memory serves me.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 11-19-2019, 8:31 AM

Default Kore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidin View Post
Welcome to Calguns. I’m originally from Riverside, now going through the CCW process through SB county. Until approved through SB, I’m limited to carrying my G19 and 43X around the house and out of state. I’ve found the T1C axis slim and Vedder litetuck work best for my style of dress and body type. As far as the belt, I’ve been using a KORE, at the recommendation of a couple calgunners, for a couple months and it has really worked out great so far.
Looks like I'm gonna give KORE a try. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-19-2019, 9:24 AM

P365, G43, G19, and a G30sf, all in Tier 1 holsters, but looking for a comfortable IWB 4:00 one for the G19 and G30sf. Belt is a Bladetech with a ratchet buckle that works great.
Old 11-19-2019, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome.

Years ago we joined the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Their monthly newsletters and DVDs included with the yearly membership is helpful to people who have CCWs .

Stay safe.

Knight of Front Sight
Old 11-19-2019, 4:34 PM
To clear, just rack ONCE✔
CGN Contributor

Welcome! I'm in The O.C.

I, too, highly recommend insurance. I personally have used CCW Safe for over three years now.

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
Old 11-19-2019, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter_the_Dragon View Post
Looks like I'm gonna give KORE a try. Thanks for the heads up.

I think im gunna try our the kore belt as well. Seems like it has a lot of adjustment to them

Old 11-19-2019, 7:47 PM

Quote:
I think im gunna try our the kore belt as well. Seems like it has a lot of adjustment to them
You'll be pleased, I'm sure.
I have two 1 1/4" Kore Essentials belts. One for dressing up, one for dressing down. They're also a good gun belt for a moderate sized gun. I have one 1 1/2" Kore Essentials belt for when I'm packing something big.

The oldest of these belts lasted for nearly two years of daily use before it needed to be downgraded to "casual status."
Old 11-19-2019, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome from the Palm Springs area!!! Luckily we have 6 spots to available on our permit in Riverside

Glock 19
AIWB - Bravo Concealment with Blue Alpha Gear Lo-Pro EDC belt
4/5 o'clock IWB - TTGunLeather Mike's Special with Hank's belt

Be safe out there!

shuttlecock
Old 11-19-2019, 10:25 PM

Welcome to a being able to care for yourself.

Blue Alpha. I like belts with Velcro tag ends, you can cover holster clips, loops etc with them.
Old 11-20-2019, 2:18 AM

I carry a G26 in a tier 1 concealed holster with a vedder gun belt. Hoping to add a G19 soon. I have uscca for insurance coverage. Don’t dismiss kydex holsters altogether. A quality kydex holster is the safest option and molded specifically for your gun.